Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Damian Wayne Appreciation Thread

By far my favorite character in a long time. (Larfleeze is second, but a far second. Pyg is up there too.)

In a weird comic book way he is the most beleivable Robin, I think.

Born of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul and trained by the league of assasins, Damian Wayne is the 5th and current Robin (as if you didn't know).

I know Kubert drew him first, but the Quietly version is what pops into my head when I think of him.

This scene gave me chills. Good chills.

Bruce puts the child in his place. Since this moment, I started to love the character.

Ra's al Ghul's lost shirt Kate Fatale's Avatar

I seriously believe Damian might be the best thing to happen the Batverse in 15-20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Beetle View Post
    Bruce puts the child in his place. Since this moment, I started to love the character.
    I started to love him when he immediately expressed disappointment in Bruce's height. Cheeky little kid. He's sooo like his father, but he acts sooo much like his mother that it's hilarious.

Damian wins.

That is all.

No but seriously, I'm going to avoid this thread. I have a feeling detractors are going to show up, and I really don't feel like writing essay length responses as to why I think they're wrong.

I like Damian. Really interested to see where Leviathan takes him with all of Morrison's talk of crying and tragedy.

Damian was annoying as **** at first, but since probably around the time B&R started up, he's really grown on me. I think the fact that he's such a large contrast from Bruce/Dick/Tim makes things interesting. And he's had some great one-liners.

That scene where Bruce puts him in his place was pure epic though. Where's that in again? I feel the urge to re-read.

I literally liked him from the very first page I saw him. He adds so much entertainment to the Batman family and is such a total "wild card" to everything, it's impossible to not like him. I agree with Kate that from "Father...I imagined you taller" he was the most awesome thing ever.

I think it helps that he was invented by Grant Morrison and Morrison really helped flesh out the character's entire personality. Kate Kane is the same way with Rucka and JH Williams, you have a character that is completely built by outstanding creative minds, so even though they're fairly new they feel instantly strong and iconic.

I really like his original costume with the tunic, and I believe Jason Todd's original Robin uniform:

It sort of figuratively symbolized that he was the "black sheep" of the family by carrying on Jason's legacy in that regard.

I love the body language on this page. Damian looks awesome with the bow and arrow:

Also this is kind of obligatory, possibly the greatest panel in the existence of comic books. Linked due to profanity:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...ha9bo1_400.png

Man, all this just makes me miss Batman & Robin again.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I love Damian; he's had a lot of great scenes and moments. I'm really gonna miss him and Dick working together. The best dynamic duo.

And a great team up with Supergirl!

Quote Originally Posted by mosdef View Post
    And a great team up with Supergirl!

One of my all time favorite Damian moments. The earlier part when Croc says "tell me something I don't know" and Damian responds "I picked the lock to these chains two minutes ago" SO like his father, but showboating it. Great stuff. I loved that issue.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Oh, I love Damian--he's tied with Kate as the best new Batman character of the past few decades.

I hated the little bugger when he was introduced but damn his character development has been amazing.

I love his interactions with Steph

Damian is VERY cool! I love him when he wields a Katana! Makes me think of Hit-girl form Kick-ass!

Siriously, I hope we will see a Ra's Al Ghul plot with him as they are part of a big family with Talia and Bruce.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkness View Post
    Damian is VERY cool! I love him when he wields a Katana! Makes me think of Hit-girl form Kick-ass!
    Speaking of Hit Girl--

Quote Originally Posted by mosdef View Post

Awww....good times, good times. I am sure gonna miss having him teaming with Dick.

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Damian has become easily my favourite Robin.

He's the most believable, he has the best costume, he has had some of the most kick ass moments and he's the funniest while barely ever cracking a joke.

I think one of the things that I love about him most is he's almost a parody of Bruce. There was a long time in Batman comics where Bruce never make a joke, never cracked a smile, was obsessed with his work to an unnerving degree, was secluded and treated whose close to him badly. Since the Dark Knight Returns in the hands of the wrong writer Bruce is was danger of of coming across as a sociopath, a man child still crying for mummy and daddy.

Damian has a lot of those attributes but their played for laughs. It's kind of like we're seeing that character still though Damian while though Grant Morrison's latest work, especially Inc we're seeing a much more healthy Bruce, one who actually seems to enjoy life. By losing some aspects of what people considered "mature" he bizzarly feels like he's matured.

As far as I know, these came out today. I'm glad that finally Damian is immortalized in plastic as Robin.