Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jim Butcher just announced that COLD DAYS is finished.

Did he give a release date?!!??!

Not yet. Probably the release is in early 2013.

Animation & Illustration

I'm hoping for late this year, but that would be very optimistic.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    I'm hoping for late this year, but that would be very optimistic.

They've already released a preview via the Ghost Story paperback, so who knows? Maybe a couple months is all they think they need for advertising.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

He finished Ghost Story in early April '11 and it was published in late July '11, so I don't think a quick turnaround is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    They've already released a preview via the Ghost Story paperback, so who knows? Maybe a couple months is all they think they need for advertising.
    And the editing and revisions.
    Expletive Deleted

Animation & Illustration

Yar, I was about to say... it's not just advertising, printing and shipping, it's the line-edit as well. But it's entirely possible that they could pull a 3-4 month turnaround, which would put the book out this November.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Aaaaaargh! How dare he make us wait!!!!

*ahem*

I'm just excited about this new chapter in Harry's life

According to his web site Cold Days will be released on Nov 27, 2012!

Animation & Illustration

haHAH!! CALLED IT. :)

I'm psyched!

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

I thought Ghost Story was an ok book, I just think it was a really bad follow up to Changes which was..an awesome fast paced book with lots of action. It's like Changes was traveling 1000 mph and then you begin reading Ghost Story and you come to a screeching halt and then the pace never picks up past 10-20 mph.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

You must have read a different book than I did, then.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I thought Ghost Story was an ok book, I just think it was a really bad follow up to Changes which was..an awesome fast paced book with lots of action. It's like Changes was traveling 1000 mph and then you begin reading Ghost Story and you come to a screeching halt and then the pace never picks up past 10-20 mph.
    I think I agree with this. It was sub-par compared to the other books, definitely.

Can't wait for Cold Days. It's been too long Harry, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It was the first DF novel i did not read completly. I started to read it, found it boring and jumped directly to the end to know the outcome and be ready for Cold Days.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Animation & Illustration

It definitely feels like a "bridge" novel... it sets up a LOT of massive character changes (especially with Molly) and effectively boots the series beyond the status quo. This is something that every book has done to greater or lesser degrees, but this one really feels like it's flipped the table and reset the board.

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio