Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

From what I can see, server populations are still very high. The US server, from all reports, often has long wait times to log in. The EU server has high population but rarely any wait times.
    I quite enjoy the game, personally.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Yay! Personal lairs are coming!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-Ill View Post
    Part of me wants to be a dude with no powers like Batman or Nightwing. Just a bad-ass street-level crimefighter in Gotham, but with a very arrogant costume.
    I love that, 'a very arrogant costume'. That just sounds great to me.

One thing I do enjoy about the game, though I play it rarely, is the creativity I see among fellow players. I see costumes that look so badass you almost want to read a series based on the character. I've also seen several VERY well done iterations of Iron Man, Thor, and enough Kryptonians to fill two bottled cities. Not a bad MMO, but I'm just coming down from EQOA (formerly of PS2 fame), and I find myself playing my DCUO character once every few weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yay! Personal lairs are coming!
    The Lair expansion is pretty dope

Anyone been playing lately? If so & you wanna group, lemme know. It's hard to find good players in that game (who also don't look stupid, is it weird I don't like playing with poorly designed toons?) so I figure I'd find a few on here!

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Anyone been playing lately? If so & you wanna group, lemme know. It's hard to find good players in that game (who also don't look stupid, is it weird I don't like playing with poorly designed toons?) so I figure I'd find a few on here!
    Would this be on the PC or PS3?
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    Would this be on the PC or PS3?
    Ah, I should have specified, PC it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Ah, I should have specified, PC it is.
    I don't mind joining you some nights
    Keep Moving Forward.

Feeling lonely ?

It's a nice game,but it doesn't have that "it" factor to earn my long standing support.After playing CoH and Champions Online,DCUO looks very poor in customisation.But the fact that didn't help was the rp aspect.No matter what,my character always will look like an amateur and unworthy compared to the established heroes and villains of DC.While in Champions Online,i trully feel that my character is an established legend,after i reach the top level.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

The DCUO is still in it's early stages and only has been around for 2 years in comparison to Coh and Champions Online. In the Soe Keynote Conference a couple months back they mentioned that in one of the upcoming new Dlc's it will have some more options with regards to costume customization.

I'm gonna withhold from playing this until after the new Injustice game.. I plan on buying it and I'm sure once I play that for awhile it's gonna get me into a DC frenzy. But, it is good to see that they are bringing out DLC's
    Keep Moving Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    The DCUO is still in it's early stages and only has been around for 2 years in comparison to Coh and Champions Online.
    Incorrect. Champions Online is only one year and 4 months older than DCUO and its first year had far more options than the totality of DCUO's two years. Champions Online has only added features since (for example, they have vehicles now, yes my Silverhawks homage character patrols Millennium City in a hawk jet).

In the Soe Keynote Conference a couple months back they mentioned that in one of the upcoming new Dlc's it will have some more options with regards to costume customization.
    I suspect that even if SOE manages to get DCUO to 10 years (unlikely, given CoH only lasted 8 years and it was a far superior game), it will have less than a quarter of the costume options of Champions Online's costume creator (the best of the online superhero games, even before CoH's shutdown). It will also feature a mere fraction of the 24 powersets and 5 fully populated zones that in Champions Online featured just in its first year (CO has added another zone and several more powersets since then).

Let's face it, DCUO is extremely light in content compared to all other superhero MMO's. There is no indication that DCUO will ever be as robust in content as CO's first year.