Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1316

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Who's the far left one?
    Red Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    New Avengers seems like it will have the Defenders Vibe. I don't get why this particular group would even call themselves "New Avengers" other than... Marvel needs the book to sell, hence, let's smack the Avengers title on anything we can to make a buck. Clearly this is a new illuminati. Strange and Namor are two of my Faves so that alone guarantees me two issues at least.
    The Defenders if they REALLY didn't like each other. Despite their bickering, I've always thought the Defenders had more positive feelings than negative for each other.

They don't call themselves the New Avengers. I don't think they even call themselves the Illuminati, that's a Stark thing, IIRC. The New Avengers was on their mini-series title, perhaps because that is where they first appeared, New Avengers #7, but more likely as branding to sell more books, as you said. I look at this in the same way. For whatever reasons, Store owners and fans are going to pick up a New Avengers book, more than they will an Illuminati.

Yeah, I'm hoping Hickman give Strange and Namor stories of their own in New Avengers, and they'll have more of a chance to shine. Ditto on Black Bolt, but I know he's got a story playing out. Buying and keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by aNamored View Post
    Hickman is largely a miss for me, but I need my regular Doc and Namor fixes so I am reading it for the characters. Now if his Da Vinci shows up, I will be tickled pink and forget my stubborn fan woman grumbles.
    I too would definitely be thrilled for Hickman's SHIELD stuff to cross over.

Belated Merry Christmas! But I just found this panel at Sean "The Untold Story of Marvel Comics" Howe's tumblr, so procrastination pays.

http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/3881...-the-defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Scfht
    and Ironfist is such a great character
    I wish Bendis wrote him better

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Belated Merry Christmas! But I just found this panel at Sean "The Untold Story of Marvel Comics" Howe's tumblr, so procrastination pays.

http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/3881...-the-defenders
    Cute pic. Yeah, I do like the old school Defenders. For all their bickering, they did get along, they were a group of associates who got together to kick evil's ass, rather than a "team" with a charter and what have you. That's what I liked about them. Everyone was free to come and go as they pleased. Like any real group of friends. Cool stuff.

Need a little help finishing this team originally created by Harras while on the Avengers. Loved the mystical potential of the group but would like to improve it:

Black Knight
    Sersi
    Hercules
    Goliath(Hank Pym)

The second round of the CSBG’s Fifth Annual March Madness tournament is underway. Steve Gerber's Defenders made it! But they are up against Giffen and Levitt's Legion of Super-Heroes. So go vote for the Defenders!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...egion-round-2/

If you want to see the other teams and brackets here's the main page, with the 4 divisions at the bottom.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...dness-round-2/

Wow, an appreciation of the Defenders. What amazing ..

The defenders are one of my favorite groups. I loved almost all the volumes released.

Particularly The order was one of the best books of the century.
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

A blast from the past:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1504562_10152423000519918_64988952_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	123334
    I would have added Clea to that line-up, though.
    I don't think Byrne ever got a chance to draw some Defenders. What a shame.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.

I've recently been skimming my Defenders Essentials. Really need to find the time to re-read them. So much awsome in those early days.

Peace

Any thoughts on Cullen Bunn's Fearless Defenders?

Anything from that series that you want to see carried over?

While I've had my complaints about the book, it was nice to see SOMEBODY
    do SOMETHING with Clea, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A blast from the past:

Peace
    Wow! That's a lovely piece of art! Though, I've never thought of Bryne as a good match for the Defenders.

I've recently been skimming my Defenders Essentials. Really need to find the time to re-read them. So much awsome in those early days.

Peace
    There really must be something in the air. Yesterday, I got to thinking I needed to bump this thread again. And the day before yesterday, I was thinking I needed to get back on that DEFENDERS FROM THE BEGINNING project. I even brought my Defenders Marvel Masterworks with me on my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I'm behind on my FEARLESS DEFENDERS, but I would like to see Val, Annabelle and Caroline Le Fay, and Misty, for sure.

I can't help but feel that there WILL be a Dr. Strange book coming along, maybe this year. Hopefully whoever does it won't forget Clea.

A blast from the past:

Peace
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Yes, I loved that she came back. But I was disappointed with the meeting between Clea and Strange.

Aggamoto wept.

Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Greetings! Well, I' m certainly an appreciator of the old Defenders/classic series. I did try some of the more modern takes, mini series what not, but they never really carried the vibe for me.

I think I liked the tone and feel of the Secret Defenders, some many moons ago, now. The character of Sepulchre (sic?) intrigued me, but I have no idea where she is now...

I never saw that Byrne picture of the classic Defenders before, that was a beaut.

I think my most favorite line or run was in the mid to late '70s, early '80s, before the New Defenders. I love love the Hellcat and Valkyrie stories.

They really had one of those great relationships that you never forget. Hulk and Namor were in many of those issues too. Twas great.
    Even somewhat later, story arcs like The 6 Fingered Hand were really good. There was also this one story where the villain actually never appears (quote unquote) and is eventually sealed off, surgically inside Bruce/Hulk's brain. I think the villain was nameless too.

It was like drugs without drugs.
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor

Quote Originally Posted by OberonOsiris View Post
    I think I liked the tone and feel of the Secret Defenders, some many moons ago, now. The character of Sepulchre (sic?) intrigued me, but I have no idea where she is now...
    Last I recall seeing her was during Warren Ellis Thunderbolts run. She was pretty awsome there.

Peace