Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Great episode, though I'm getting a bit tired of hearing Tygra still go on about not being king and losing things. They've all suffered losses. What does he want to be king of? There's like 6 of them. Is there some hidden cat kingdom I'm unaware of that are worshiping Lion-O like a god?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Great episode, though I'm getting a bit tired of hearing Tygra still go on about not being king and losing things. They've all suffered losses. What does he want to be king of? There's like 6 of them. Is there some hidden cat kingdom I'm unaware of that are worshiping Lion-O like a god?
    While I do understand now why Tygra feels that way I do agree that he needs to stop whining about Lion-O becoming King
    Last edited by Legato; 04-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I wonger what would happen if Tygra met Tigra from Marvel? The Thundercats were briefly a part of the Marvel Universe (sorta) through the Star Comics imprint....they should've made her crossover into their world. There's a fanfic somewhere in that idea....
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Decent enough episode. I did like Tygra's lament about "Is it his destiny to lose things."
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It's simple jealously on his part. He fought hard to prove himself worthy of being king, while Lion-O didn't and it has shown in the past. That's why Tygra has taken issue with Lion-O being king, because he doesn't see what the Sword of Omens and the Spirit Stone sees.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    I wonger what would happen if Tygra met Tigra from Marvel? The Thundercats were briefly a part of the Marvel Universe (sorta) through the Star Comics imprint....they should've made her crossover into their world. There's a fanfic somewhere in that idea....

If there isnīt, there should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    If there isnīt, there should be.
    I'd save that for a kickass season finale

BANNED

went to Anime Matsuri this weekend. Matthew Mercer (Voice of Tygra) was holding a Thundercats panel.

I asked him if the series had the second 26 set green-lit, if the series was cancelled, and he explained why it was moved:

He says the second 26 had been ordered, but not yet produced.

The reason that Thundercats wasn't listed on the recurring shows is that Cartoon Network is skeptical about it right now. Which leads us too..

The reason they moved it to Saturday mornings is because the toys weren't selling that well, because kids weren't watching it much. Therefore, they weren't buying the merchandise. He also said that since it's move to Saturday mornings, the ratings have more than DOUBLED. He stressed that if you want the show to continue, then support it by watching it LEGALLY, and purchasing merchandise.
    http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...ead.php?t=8251

According to TVbyTheNumbers: Thundercats is now doing quite a lot better than the DC Nation block after it, almost a full point better. That's both good for T-cats and bad for DC Nation since toy sales from Mattel are abysmal since they don't know how to sell a boys' action figure line to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...ead.php?t=8251

According to TVbyTheNumbers: Thundercats is now doing quite a lot better than the DC Nation block after it, almost a full point better. That's both good for T-cats and bad for DC Nation since toy sales from Mattel are abysmal since they don't know how to sell a boys' action figure line to save their life.
    So that means chances of Thundercats surviving another season is pretty good?

If CN thinks it's feesible and the toy sales are good enough, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    If CN thinks it's feesible and the toy sales are good enough, then yes.
    Bandai's not much better than Mattel when it comes to the toy sales... distribution's awful. Targets hardly have any T-cat toys, and when they do it's usually what Toys R Us has: Mumm-Ra, maybe a Lion-O, and the crummy deluxe Tygra & Lion-O. But Mattel might be worse off; the YJ toys seem done, the small figures were pretty weak (just mini-maquettes) and the 6" figures, while overall pretty great, are saddled with giant boxes, giant bases, and a giant price-tag to boot. And all the extra real-estate they require means assortments only have a couple characters, so most stores have been sitting on Artemis and maybe Robin, with Aqualad only FINALLY showing up regularly and sticking around for more than a day. And... Green Lantern? GL:TAS doesn't have ANYTHING I've seen. The closest are the little cartoony superhero 2-packs, which are more based on the comics (Blue/Green Hal, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, etc)

Pumyra is on the next episode, and she doesn't like Lion-O much. Cliche /LoveHate at first sight?

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...isode-the-pit/

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    It's simple jealously on his part. He fought hard to prove himself worthy of being king, while Lion-O didn't and it has shown in the past. That's why Tygra has taken issue with Lion-O being king, because he doesn't see what the Sword of Omens and the Spirit Stone sees.
    Yeah, but he needs to suck it up and get over those issues.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Didn't he already did a few episodes back?

Some of that might have happened with the Trials of Lion-O. Tigra took over as leader, learning it was not as easy as it seemed when Lion-O was in charge. Meanwhile, Lion-O learns to be a better king from his trials.

Or that is what I have heard online. Anyone who watches the show have a different opinion?