Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

As for the tech, I got the impression that the General guy who returned found the tech on his adventures. However, he decided to ally himself with the lizards instead of sharing it with Thundera. I got the impression he'd been gone for a while, so they probably at least needed a few months to learn how to use it all. That or he met Mumm-ra and then Mumm-ra gave him the tech and told him to use it to ally with the lizards.

Though I have to ask what happened to Mumm-ra at the end to prevent him from transforming? Was it a laser blast? That was a bit disappointing.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    As for the tech, I got the impression that the General guy who returned found the tech on his adventures. However, he decided to ally himself with the lizards instead of sharing it with Thundera. I got the impression he'd been gone for a while, so they probably at least needed a few months to learn how to use it all. That or he met Mumm-ra and then Mumm-ra gave him the tech and told him to use it to ally with the lizards.

Though I have to ask what happened to Mumm-ra at the end to prevent him from transforming? Was it a laser blast? That was a bit disappointing.
    It was more than an impression really, he out right stated that. He said that on his journey he found "supreme power" by siding with a superior force.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The sunlight hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadhg View Post
    The sunlight hurt him.
    In the old series he lost his power if he was forced to see his own reflection, perhaps the sunlight caused him to do that here.

I thought it was a great start to the show but the whole "kingdom without tech" thing annoyed me. How can they say that the cat kingdom doesn't use tech (and believes it to be a myth) when they clearly have irrigated fields, roman arches, advanced metallurgy, etc. They may not have "high" technology like computers and mecha, but these things are technology too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina_Fried View Post
    I thought it was a great start to the show but the whole "kingdom without tech" thing annoyed me. How can they say that the cat kingdom doesn't use tech (and believes it to be a myth) when they clearly have irrigated fields, roman arches, advanced metallurgy, etc. They may not have "high" technology like computers and mecha, but these things are technology too!
    They just don't consider those things as technology, even though we know that they technically are.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Seriously? They're little imps who make mischief and get into trouble, that's pretty much exactly what they did in the original series.
    They are like 5 year old orphans that go around stealing so they can survive and they want to go out and find El Darra to become rich. That's a million miles away from what they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    They are like 5 year old orphans that go around stealing so they can survive and they want to go out and find El Darra to become rich. That's a million miles away from what they were before.
    Not really, it's just a back story and it doesn't alter their characteristics at all. They're still little kids, they still get into mischief and I predict they will get into trouble due to their antics and have to be rescued by the Thundercats just like they always did. You could take these characters, pop them into a plot from the old series and the story would still work exactly like it would have with the original kit and kat.

Great new start for a classic show and Cheetara still looks good as ever

It was a good start. I'm not a fan of it just being three of them and I hope that one or two more people join with them.

I fell asleep at the end.I didnt like it.
    Apparently they defeated Mumm-Ra a long time ago? Which makes it seem like this is Thundercats The Next Generation, but it's not.
    The whole "no tech" medieval thing makes no sense when the reptiles walk in with Mechs and missiles.

My take is when Mumm-ra was around this was a highly advance tech world, but in his defeat the tech and the pretty much the whole world was lost. Either sucked into another dimension or sealed some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Tygra and Lion-O ain't half brothers. They are adapted brothers. Tygra is not in line for the throne because he's not blood related to the royal family

Tech was regraded as a myth. Just as old as Mumm-Ra himself. It's likely that he supplied the Lizards with the tech they were using.

How the hell do characters collectively named the ThunderKittens be too young? They're suppose to be kids
    Thats what I think happen

Yeah this doesnt make sense. If Mumm-Ra was defeated before he likely didnt have mech and missiles so this must have been developed, and some one should have been keeping an eye out. This will probably be explained later on but right now it just too goofy.
    Who knows how long ago he was defeated or how. They didn't even think he was real.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    It was a good start. I'm not a fan of it just being three of them and I hope that one or two more people join with them.

My take is when Mumm-ra was around this was a highly advance tech world, but in his defeat the tech and the pretty much the whole world was lost. Either sucked into another dimension or sealed some where.

Thats what I think happen

Who knows how long ago he was defeated or how. They didn't even think he was real.
    Rather than all the tech getting sucked into another dimension, I'm thinking it'll be shown that it faded away because it was decided to be taboo like in the planet of the apes. They saw the destruction it caused in the war with Mum-Ra and decided that it was the cause of his evil and t hat it would be better if they buried the tech with him.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Not really, it's just a back story and it doesn't alter their characteristics at all. They're still little kids, they still get into mischief and I predict they will get into trouble due to their antics and have to be rescued by the Thundercats just like they always did. You could take these characters, pop them into a plot from the old series and the story would still work exactly like it would have with the original kit and kat.
    They are younger kids that are getting intro mischief so they can survive. That back story makes these characters. You cant start stripping things away so they eventually resemble something close to the original.

They are younger kids that are getting intro mischief so they can survive. That back story makes these characters. You cant start stripping things away so they eventually resemble something close to the original.
    But despite that back story their personalities are exactly the same, all they did was make them slightly more nuanced and gave them a reason why the Thundercats might want them around.

I think it's possible that we're supposed to be left with more questions about Mumm-Ra and the Tech than answers at the end.

Anyway, it was fun and definitely a different take. I think my favorite characters coming out of the show are probably Wilykit and Wilykat actually. However, I've always been a sucker for the whole "streetwise urchin with a heart of gold" trope.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

This show is awesome, with the potential to be awesome.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/