Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI EXCLUSIVE: Willingham & Vertigo Announce "Fables" Spinoff

"Fables" writer Bill Willingham teams with Phil Jimenez, award-winning sci-fi novelist Lauren Beukes and others on "Fairest," a new spinoff for his acclaimed franchise.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Fables" writer Bill Willingham teams with Phil Jimenez, award-winning sci-fi novelist Lauren Beukes and others on "Fairest," a new spinoff for his acclaimed franchise.

Full article here.

YES! Can't wait.

The Fables panel podcast is up on the DC web site

Finally! Some GOOD news from DC! :)

More Fables and Fables related spin-offs are always a welcome and good thing.

Awesome news.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

This seems like a great idea. My problem with Jack was that I didn't think he could really support an ongoing series so I like that they're going to produce what is basically a series of miniseries about a bunch of different characters.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

This sounds like exactly what I was hoping for in a fables spinoff except I wanted it to look at all sorts of characters and not just the "fairest" even if that definition is stretched. Seems like they are kind of limiting the potential for no reason.

i can't wait, all new fables stuff is welcomed by me and this sounds awesome from the concept to the creative teams involved. Also, covers by Adam Hughes. Oh boy oh boy...
    Likes: Astro City, Batman, JL Dark, American Vampire, Fables, Fairest, iZombie, Sandman, Chew, Empowered, Lady Mechanika, Locke & Key, Moriarty, Mudman, Reed Gunther, Skullkickers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ned McDodd View Post
    i can't wait, all new fables stuff is welcomed by me and this sounds awesome from the concept to the creative teams involved. Also, covers by Adam Hughes. Oh boy oh boy...
    I would have preferred covers by Chrissie Zullo over Hughes, but that is a small quibble in the overall awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    I would have preferred covers by Chrissie Zullo over Hughes, but that is a small quibble in the overall awesome.
    her covers for Cinderella are awesome. I like the Cinderella stories a lot, but her covers even more. She really should do more for Fables, i agree.
    Likes: Astro City, Batman, JL Dark, American Vampire, Fables, Fairest, iZombie, Sandman, Chew, Empowered, Lady Mechanika, Locke & Key, Moriarty, Mudman, Reed Gunther, Skullkickers ...

her covers for Cinderella are awesome. I like the Cinderella stories a lot, but her covers even more. She really should do more for Fables, i agree.
    Hopefully she will, or at least for Vertigo. I picked up a couple of prints of her original paintings at HeroesCon in 2010, and they are amazing.

I agree with this 100%

I like good comics. ScotsScribbler's Avatar

I like her covers. But Adam Hughes is possibly the best cover artist there is.