Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

It's taking them waaay to long to adapt The Killing Joke, Hamill pretty much guaranteed his services whenever it's made. Hamill actually brought up The Killing Joke again during the Arkham City panel like he did several years ago.

Also Conroy and Hamill as their respect characters in TDKR would be perfect. Arguably the most loved and critically acclaimed adaption for Batman with voices by 2 unforgivable Batman and Joker voices.

It would all depend if Conroy could deepen his voice a bit more though to fit TDKR Batman.

Also again, Hamill isn't quitting the Joker, he was misquoted. I can't believe Mark Hamill is going to be 60 this year and Kevin Conroy will be 56. Ugh.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    It's taking them waaay to long to adapt The Killing Joke, Hamill pretty much guaranteed his services whenever it's made. Hamill actually brought up The Killing Joke again during the Arkham City panel like he did several years ago.

Also Conroy and Hamill as their respect characters in TDKR would be perfect. Arguably the most loved and critically acclaimed adaption for Batman with voices by 2 unforgivable Batman and Joker voices.

It would all depend if Conroy could deepen his voice a bit more though to fit TDKR Batman.

Also again, Hamill isn't quitting the Joker, he was misquoted. I can't believe Mark Hamill is going to be 60 this year and Kevin Conroy will be 56. Ugh.
    I'm not trying to offend and I love the BATS but some people need to learn to let go and give other people a chance.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

Comic Loving Psychologist feliciano2040's Avatar

Conroy is THE wrong choice for a TDK movie.

The right choice for a TDK has already been discerned, and he is called Michael Ironside.

Well of course, I'm not saying they should always being picked... I enjoyed Greenwood's Batman in UtRH and in Young Justice(so far) and was a huge fan of DiMaggio's Joker. Not to mention I love the Joker in Brave and the Bold.

Were going to have to move on sooner or later anyway.

All I'm saying is it would be nice if we got Conroy and Hamill for their respective roles. At the panel they said they would put thought into contacting Conroy and Hamill, which sparked my post. People obviously should be open to other actors having these roles.

Most(if not all) fans adore their interpretations for those characters so it's natural they want them to come back to voice them constantly. They set the bar for these characters when it comes to their voices.

Conroy is THE wrong choice for a TDK movie.

The right choice for a TDK has already been discerned, and he is called Michael Ironside.
    That's your opinion and is nothing more than that.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Fans of that book and who knows how many people on these boards
    People on boards are a very minority, this is likely going to get released around the same time as Nolan's Batman 3, perhaps they will try alot of promotion to get people check it out like they did with Batman Gotham Knight and GL: Emerald Knights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    So you don't think it would do good in theaters? Cause I would bet money that it would do amazing. Firstly its Batman, secondly its an amazing story. Crossover appeal? You mean like the Dark Knight Returns book that is already made?
    Not sure what that has to do with crossover appeal? Batman: The Dark Knight Returns appeals almost exclusively to a core fanbase. That's okay when it's DTV, but for theatrical releases, you have to aim higher.

This film should be the final time Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are used to voice Batman and the Joker. It would cap an unbelievable twenty years of voice acting that culminates in arguably (NOTE I SAID ARGUABLY) the greatest Batman story ever told. I believe at this point they've aged well enough that their performances would be spot on with the right direction.

And I too have learned to love other Batman/Joker voices like in Brave and the Bold, but I just see this as one final hurrah for the, IMHO, seminal Bat-Voice. Then they can move on with their lives. Or make fifty more Arkham games til they die. Whichever.

This is awesome news. One of my favourite Batman stories ever and it's finally getting some animated treatment.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    This is awesome news. One of my favourite Batman stories ever and it's finally getting some animated treatment.
    I know. Im shocked that some people arent happy about it.

This would have been the first flick I ever made if I were in charge at DC animated.

The Supes fight is going to make me faint.

Comic Loving Psychologist feliciano2040's Avatar

That's your opinion and is nothing more than that.
    It's THE best opinion !

Default DC Animated: The Dark Knight Returns IN 2 PARTS!

I most have missed the thread. Right? Because to me this is huge news.

Timm made some announcements about the upcoming animated features coming from DC. Next up will be "Justice League: Doom," inspired by the "Tower of Babel" story from Mark Waid's "JLA" run. "It's really cool, and it's coming out next year," said Timm. Also coming up is "Superman vs. The Elite." "It's not world famous, but it's a really well-regarded story." Finally, for the big announcement for the panel, Timm announced that "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" will be adapted into an animated feature as a two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFever View Post
    I most have missed the thread. Right? Because to me this is huge news.
    I'm definitely more excited that they seem to be adapting Action #775! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFever View Post
    I most have missed the thread. Right?
    It's hiding on page 2.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=377741
    Free your soul and let it fly....

BANNED

I'd love it if Kevin and Mark came back to reprise their roles... but sounded older, obviously.

Anyway, should be fun.

Cool

WOOO the two best batman stories in HD animated glory? YES PLEASE