Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    As you indicated, Lana found a nice niche mentoring Supergirl. In addition, however, she and Lois actually had quite a few genuine friendship moments toward the end of the Post-Crisis and during the Death of Superman arc. Chuck Austen revived some of the old rivalry for cheap drama, but things had gotten better. Regardless, just because something crappy (i.e. catfight jealousy drama) happened in the past doesn't mean it should be repeated. All I was saying was that I'd like any storyline involving Lana in the New 52 to give her substance beyond a plot device to create demeaning soap opera scenes between her and Wonder Woman or any other woman important to Clark.
    I hope we see a little more of young Clark was with Lana and their love story. I liked that prom scene. Cute. Lana clearly liked the man, was never about the superman. Then he came to Metropolis and eventually moved on. Wait I think he never quite moved on. If Lana comes back he'll no doubt forget Lois and Diana because a man can't move on. He must remain "hung up" on one woman and when he sees her, all else just falls away. (insert sarcasm)

I'm sure Lana in time will get more focus but considering what DC have done to Lois Lane I'm relieved in some ways she isn't around because the writing and characterization at the moment is poor.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

What exactly has DC done to Lois? I'm not provoking you or anything; it's just that, other than no longer being married to Superman, she essentially seems like the same character she's ever been, minus the abrasiveness that had been sneaking up on her personality and her part-time action heroine shtick. What's so bad about nu-52 Lois and what changed that much for you to give such a damning indictment?

I would love to see Lana back and with a relationship with Clark, hold off several more years with a relationship with Lois.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    What exactly has DC done to Lois? I'm not provoking you or anything; it's just that, other than no longer being married to Superman, she essentially seems like the same character she's ever been, minus the abrasiveness that had been sneaking up on her personality and her part-time action heroine shtick. What's so bad about nu-52 Lois and what changed that much for you to give such a damning indictment?
    I actually find her more interesting when she's doing something besides sitting around in Clark's apt without pants on. That's pretty much all she did in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I actually find her more interesting when she's doing something besides sitting around in Clark's apt without pants on. That's pretty much all she did in the 90s.
    You were reading the wrong books in the 90's...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

A bit more of Lana in this week's Action Comics #17. So far, the only conceivable niche she might yet fill in the present is that of a confidante.

I love Smallville, but the show absolutely did do a lot to damage Lana as a character. Nothing lasting, it seems like, though. We've seen little snippets in the New-52, and I just think "Lana" without "Smallville Lana" ever coming to mind.

Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Why does she have to be a love interest? Cant men and women be friends without their genitals getting involved?
    People like to read about things that are important to them. I suspect that for teenage boys (or adults with the minds of teenage boys) that would be their genitals.