Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well it being.. BULKY might be because it is CEREMONIAL armor not real battle armor... I don't know. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by protonik View Post
    Well it being.. BULKY might be because it is CEREMONIAL armor not real battle armor... I don't know. LOL
    Well for what it's worth it doesn't look bulky here:

or here:

Sounds to me like Lee drew the costume first and they came up with the "ceremonial armor" excuse afterwards.

Not too impressed by the "ceremonial armor" bit either.

Wonder what was wrong with something like the old "invulnerable Kryptonian fabric" from the pre-Crisis comics---if, as noted above, the Fantasic Four (and various other sci-fi stories) could have "durable fabric made of <futuristic_material>", not sure Supes' was any "sillier" (though I guess it means they can't show it getting ripped to shreds every third fight scene).

Also not too big on the "early days" costume also shown---it looks like something a 5-year-old would throw together... :-p
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog
    Twitter

Yes, let's copy Fantastic Four because Fantastic Four is oh so exciting. Everything should be like it.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Why wouldnt he have some type of armor? Its not like normal spandex is going to even survive a flight from Metropolis to Gotham so why doesn't it make sense for him to wear something that's durable and can keep up with him?

BANNED

Good bye sweet prince. 1938-2011

Even Dean Cain did you more justice.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Why wouldnt he have some type of armor? Its not like normal spandex is going to even survive a flight from Metropolis to Gotham so why doesn't it make sense for him to wear something that's durable and can keep up with him?
    He has an invulnerable aura. It's not just his skin, it's a couple centimeters off his skin so it protects the costume, just not the cape. So, it's ridiculous that Superman needs battle armor, especially since it'll be hard for Clark to explain wearing a breast-plate under his work clothes.

Unless this has been since retconned out of cannon...I really can't keep track anymore.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-20-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post
    Good bye sweet prince. 1938-2011

right, because that's what Superman looked like in 1938.

Bring on the armor! LOL

I want this to be used! (just to tick people off!)

right, because that's what Superman looked like in 1938.
    No doubt. People want to be all nostalgic over something that isn't the real thing in the first place.

If you want "the true superman", here you go. Postage stamp logo and those weird boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    He has an invulnerable aura. It's not just his skin, it's a couple centimeters off his skin so it protects the costume, just not the cape. So, it's ridiculous that Superman needs battle armor, especially since it'll be hard for Clark to explain wearing a breast-plate under his work clothes.

Unless this has been since retconned out of cannon...I really can't keep track anymore.
    You don't know because we haven't read the comics yet. But given that he can't even fly yet I'd assume they are (and should) through the aura thing right out the window.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liheibao View Post
    That must have been a much bigger rocket than before, if it carried armour for a full grown man.
    And they knew exactly how tall he was going to be, including his waistline and inseam!
    Last edited by KevinTBrown; 07-20-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTBrown View Post
    And they knew exactly how tall he was going to be, including his waistline and inseam!
    Where has it been said that he got this armour from the space ship?

And if it was why would he wear anything else in Action Comics?