Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Anyone see the Direct TV commercial with a character called "The Truth"?
    Team Cool Approved Corrie Winning member of The Clique if it was real

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    Anyone see the Direct TV commercial with a character called "The Truth"?
    Theres a direct tv conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair Snitsky got pretty over as a heel and kicked a baby on WWE TV years ago. The whole..."Its not my fault" became a funny thing to say. The angle was a part of the whole Kane/Lita deal that sucked , but Snitsky its said added the only real fun the entire angle had.
    Snitsky was also entertaining when he was a foot fetishist. Who came up with that idea anyway?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Snitsky was also entertaining when he was a foot fetishist. Who came up with that idea anyway?
    I don't think thats really what a wrestler wants though.
    You finish your career and are like "Man, people loved that match i had at wrestlemania, i did this amazing hardcore match, people loved it when i sucked feet."

The sacking of vince has to have impact on s.d
    Tegan and Sara - j'Adore

Quote Originally Posted by shamone View Post
    The sacking of vince has to have impact on s.d
    Agreed. To make that angle seem really important it has to affect Smackdown also.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Agreed. To make that angle seem really important it has to affect Smackdown also.
    It probably will, but Smackdown has teddy long already.
    Raw has a computer.
    If nothing else it lets them build the meta story faster.

The Wrasslin' Fan

Rating is not good at all. Looking at the avg for the year, only one post-PPV RAW was below a 3.2 - Capitol Punishment, which was a 3-hr RAW and the extra hour actually brings down the rating. The rating for the two regular hours on that episode was a 3.26.

So two weeks in a row (and if you hold the analysis that the 7/4 RAW would have been a 2.9 rating with a regular TV audience, THREE WEEKS in a row!), the RAW rating is lower than the average for what it should be. Considering this was the most hyped PPV of the year outside of Wrestlemania, it should have at least mirrored or came close to Elimination Chamber or Extreme Rules post-RAWs.

I'm sure others will try to spin it as "this isn't a bad thing" or whatever, but frankly, it very much is. Don't be surprised if next week's RAW does another 2.9.
    Last edited by syxxpakk; 07-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by syxxpakk View Post
    Rating is not good at all. Looking at the avg for the year, only one post-PPV RAW was below a 3.2 - Capitol Punishment, which was a 3-hr RAW and the extra hour actually brings down the rating. The rating for the two regular hours on that episode was a 3.26.

So two weeks in a row (and if you hold the analysis that the 7/4 RAW would have been a 2.9 rating with a regular TV audience, THREE WEEKS in a row!), the RAW rating is lower than the average for what it should be. Considering this was the most hyped PPV of the year outside of Wrestlemania, it should have at least mirrored or came close to Elimination Chamber or Extreme Rules post-RAWs.

I'm sure others will try to spin it as "this isn't a bad thing" or whatever, but frankly, it very much is. Don't be surprised if next week's RAW does another 2.9.
    I still bet MITB did the biggest buys of any b ppv in a long long while.

The Wrasslin' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I still bet MITB did the biggest buys of any b ppv in a long long while.
    I think so too. It has to, because anything less than more than the MITB PPV last year is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by syxxpakk View Post
    I think so too. It has to, because anything less than more than the MITB PPV last year is not good.
    Maybe they just can't improve ratings?
    I mean, they can build a ppv, but perhaps people only want the finish to a big story, and just don't care about tuning in anymore.
    Of course it's safe to assume that 99% of the people who bought the ppv are all made up of the 4 million or so who watch Raw every week, and you are only fighting to get a bigger cut of them.

I don't think thats really what a wrestler wants though.
    You finish your career and are like "Man, people loved that match i had at wrestlemania, i did this amazing hardcore match, people loved it when i sucked feet."
    Well, the last time Mark Henry was popular it was for shagging Mae Young.
    It's just a Mae Young thing.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

The Wrasslin' Fan

Maybe they just can't improve ratings?
    I mean, they can build a ppv, but perhaps people only want the finish to a big story, and just don't care about tuning in anymore.
    Of course it's safe to assume that 99% of the people who bought the ppv are all made up of the 4 million or so who watch Raw every week, and you are only fighting to get a bigger cut of them.
    The ratings have to improve. Like others pointed out, you included, the majority of their revenue comes from TV licensing fees. They can't afford low ratings.

I think unless Raw is borderlined on the 1. range then I would say they are doing decent, ratings wise

Hunter taking full advantage of the hate that many in the IWC have for him will be a breath of fresh air. I see Rey winning next week, and having Alberto Del Rio challenge him at Summer Slam. Two main event latinos battling for the WWE title will get them into the seats in LA.

Cena should just be booked in two on one handicap matches for awhile. I would make him run the gauntlet. Have him fight Mark Henry, than having fight Sheamus right after that.Hunter can re enact what he whent through went through after the Kliq incident.