Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Didio & Lee Cover DC's New 52

From the origins of DC Comics' relaunch to the bold story changes hitting Superman and the entire DCU, Co-Publishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee share their grand plan for Comic-Con, advertising and beyond.

Full article here.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

I only wish that Kiel had asked Jim Lee about his drawing Justice League and how far along he was.....
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

So hard to read through these guys and the relentless corporate towing and spinning. Holy crap
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    So hard to read through these guys and the relentless corporate towing and spinning. Holy crap
    i know what you mean -- i long to read an interview where they have to answer in two sentences or less.

Such a lot of spin in these interviews. And of course, now they are wheeling out all of Marvel's justifications for why a superhero marriage is better left undone. I guess storywriters just do not like married people as writing fodder?

Quote Originally Posted by xavkoenig View Post
    Such a lot of spin in these interviews. And of course, now they are wheeling out all of Marvel's justifications for why a superhero marriage is better left undone. I guess storywriters just do not like married people as writing fodder?
    According to them it makes for less conflicted emotions right?

So you're telling me that the mere fact of Clark & Lois not being able to have children is in no way an opportunity for conflicted emotions & isolation?

Thank God I already made up my mind about not buying this come September.
    Pull List: Batman, Demon Knights, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics_Addict View Post
    According to them it makes for less conflicted emotions right?

So you're telling me that the mere fact of Clark & Lois not being able to have children is in no way an opportunity for conflicted emotions & isolation?

Thank God I already made up my mind about not buying this come September.
    Yeah the more I learn about DC's reboot the less comics I plan to buy from them.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Yeah the whole marriage thing and why they want to get rid of it. I guess when I read about Superman and Spider-man. I must have poor reading comprehension since I always thought these two would get married and have long lasting relationships. It's as though I thought it was part of their character, guess I was wrong about that.

Seems like DC and Marvel subscribe to the Gene Simmons book of relationships. Sure live together, have some kids, have dual ownership, but never ever get married. Because how they're living now is just so different.

Wonder it this thinking is why Luke Cage and Jessica Jones haven't gotten married? Or just some stereotype for Luke. ( Thanks for all those who answered that they are married. Like I said in later post haven't read Marvel in a while.)

I can't help to rant. How many "superheroes" are actually married? If fans can't relate to people being in long lasting relationships that cultivate into marriage. Then fans can't relate to having powers and saving people.
    Last edited by JoeComics; 07-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeComics View Post
    Yeah the whole marriage thing and why they want to get rid of it. I guess when I read about Superman and Spider-man. I must have poor reading comprehension since I always thought these two would get married and have long lasting relationships. It's as though I thought it was part of their character, guess I was wrong about that.

Seems like DC and Marvel subscribe to the Gene Simmons book of relationships. Sure live together, have some kids, have dual ownership, but never ever get married. Because how they're living now is just so different.

Wonder it this thinking is why Luke Cage and Jessica Jones haven't gotten married? Or just some stereotype for Luke.

I can't help to rant. How many "superheroes" are actually married? If fans can't relate to people being in long lasting relationships that cultivate into marriage. Then fans can't relate to having powers and saving people.
    It seems only Aquaman, Barry Allen and Wally West are the only married heroes right now in this new DCU. Because I wonder if DC will keep Midnighter and Apollo married.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

You mean, who had not had their spouses killed?

I can only think of Superman, the Flashes, Reed and Sue Richards and Apollo and Midnighter.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    You mean, who had not had their spouses killed?

I can only think of Superman, the Flashes, Reed and Sue Richards and Apollo and Midnighter.
    And Aquaman.

I think maybe they got rid of the Clark/Lois relationship so that they could explore the Superman/Batman relationship more.

Last edited by Heroid; 07-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    i know what you mean -- i long to read an interview where they have to answer in two sentences or less.
    Well, I'm sure when the Senate hearings on comic book reboots convenes they'll get the merciless grilling they deserve. Until then they'll continue give interviews in which they make a conscious effort to promote their company's product (i.e., their jobs).

Wonder it this thinking is why Luke Cage and Jessica Jones haven't gotten married? Or just some stereotype for Luke.
    Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have been married for about 5 years now.

If fans can't relate to people being in long lasting relationships that cultivate into marriage. Then fans can't relate to having powers and saving people.
    Not really seeing what one has to do with the other.
    Last edited by kalorama; 07-19-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    I think maybe they got rid of the Clark/Lois relationship so that they could explore the Superman/Batman relationship more.

Good lord, is that someone's tombstone?

I'm glad they are doing their jobs and promoting their company, but does it have to feel like they are talking down to readers like we are all children?

So far I have not heard anything that makes me excited about September and beyond.
    Now with 10% more Wookie rage per serving!