Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer Leak

From CBR News:

A week after bootlegged footage hit the Internet, Warner Bros. has released the official teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises," the epic conclusion of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Full article here.

And from AJM:

Don't know if i'm breaking any rules. If so, sorry.

Colour me underwhelmed.

Not Active

Well it's a teaser trailer... it's not supposed to reveal that much. Just build hype, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Guglio08 View Post
    Well it's a teaser trailer... it's not supposed to reveal that much. Just build hype, really.
    Exactly, i think people are forgetting this film is a year away..

Quote Originally Posted by Guglio08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Please stop using the "it's just a teaser" and the "it's a long way off" defense. That doesn't change the fact that i think it's a bit dull.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Yeah, they've barely gotten into production. It didn't really start in it's entirety until early june. I'm surprised we even GOT any actual footage.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Please stop using the "it's just a teaser" and the "it's a long way off" defense. That doesn't change the fact that i think it's a bit dull.
    But thats the point though. Its not meant to do anything but let you know that the film is on the horizon. The Dark Knights teaser trailer was just Bruce talking about the Joker and then the Joker saying one out of context line while they showed an image of the bat symbol. Where lucky we even got any footage at all. They just started shooting the thing.

BANNED

Batman is about to get his ass kicked.

I have a feeling at least half the movie will be about Bruce struggling with getting back into the costume.

I don't know but I thought Dark Knight's teaser with Bruce and Alfred talking about the Joker is way more exciting and powerful, even with zero new footage. This one just lacks...something
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    But thats the point though. Its not meant to do anything but let you know that the film is on the horizon. The Dark Knights teaser trailer was just Bruce talking about the Joker and then the Joker saying one out of context line while they showed an image of the bat symbol. Where lucky we even got any footage at all. They just started shooting the thing.
    . . . and AGAIN that doesn't alter the fact that i think it's dull. The editing, the composition, the rehash of old scenes none of it excites me. Perhaps the HD version might reveal something cool, who knows. The TDK one with just the new audio was more effective, more mysterious, and more exciting. This has more but moves me less.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I don't know but I thought Dark Knight's teaser with Bruce and Alfred talking about the Joker is way more exciting and powerful, even with zero new footage. This one just lacks...something
    AGREED, 100%. It's far more conventional than the previous ads, and i really hate the text: "EVERY JOURNEY HAS ITS END" etc. It's an unusually cheesy and trite approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Grayson View Post
    I have a feeling at least half the movie will be about Bruce struggling with getting back into the costume.
    God No. Been there done that. Enough with Bruce deciding to be Batman or not.

@Mods: Just a suggestion, would it be a good idea to have a sticky just for 'The Dark Knight Rises' release/speculation/spoiler/discussion?

AGREED, 100%. It's far more conventional than the previous ads, and i really hate the text: "EVERY JOURNEY HAS ITS END" etc. It's an unusually cheesy and trite approach.
    Agreed!

Aren't all the things that you dislike about the Teaser really just due to the marketing people, so i wouldn't worry anyway.

Not Active

What you're forgetting is that the hype for this movie is already incredible, so they're tossing small things out there for the masses.

It got me pretty psyched, I'll admit.

Quote Originally Posted by GarfieldFanatic View Post
    Enough with Bruce deciding to be Batman or not.
    Yeah . . . wasn't that a major part of TDK? Batman should turn himself in, he only makes Gotham worse, should Bruce continue, Gotham needs a hero . . . and the theme of the new movie according to the teaser trailer is: Gotham needs a hero, should Bruce continue . . . That, plus the inclusion of Liam Neeson who's apparently been witnessed playing a role in the new movie suggests nothing new to me at all. There's really nothing about the teaser that hints at anything new or fresh, and the rumours about the plot Ra's and possibly Talia Al Ghul, Gotham being in BIG trouble, don't sound very inspired.

I'm hoping my first glimpse of Catwoman will change my mind, but i'm really unimpressed with the teaser poster and trailer. At this point in the campaign for The Dark Knight i was practically at fever pitch.