Default Wonder Man vs Namor

who would win?

It's the usual deal with Namor. In the water, Namor wins. Out of water, Namor isn't strong enough to beat Wonder Man. Namor is normally considered to be Class 75, while Wonder Man is Class 100. It should be a good fight though, because Namor is more experienced, more aggressive and a more manueverable flier.

They actually fought briefly, during a crossover story in Avengers and Super-Villain Team-Up. Wonder Man won.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Namor is still a class 100 out of water it takes a little while for his strength to drop. Namor wins unless this is ionic Wonder Man or something

Doesn't WM have low end superspeed?

I'd go with Namor even if he had been out of the water for a few hours. I feel Namor's skill and warrior nature should compensate for the loss in strength.
    Last edited by maczero; 07-18-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Anyone know if WM has actual super speed or not? Can't he also continually explode himself?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Anyone know if WM has actual super speed or not?
    I don't know there are quite a few Marvel bricks that have nebulous speed feats but most of it are travel flying speeds

Can't he also continually explode himself?
    I believe thats an ionic version

Oh, for some reason I thought he was currently ionic..
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Wonder Man is always ionic. That is the nature of his powers. The only question is whether he is energy form or human form.

He never needs to eat, drink, breathe, sleep because he is made up of energy. It's why he is always wearing shades or has glowy eyes.

In water, I think Namor whups him pretty good. Outside of water, I'd say Namor takes 6/10 through skill and maneuverability. Wonder Man might be a little stronger, and is probably more durable, but he'll land a lot fewer solid shots than Namor.
    "It's woodshed time for that inner child. And it's my fist that's gonna rock the cradle."
    -Wildcat, Batman/Wildcat, Round 3 of 3

Infinite Opinions, my blog for comics and things comic-related.

Well, Simon mentioned to the Beast that he sees the world in slow motion a few times, he's run through traffic complete with speed lines during his solo series, he's done the spin around so fast he creates a vortex(IIRC against Quantum) there are probably others, but I'm several hundred miles away from my comics right now.

Oh, not that it really counts but he has a bio type entry from an Avengers comic that mentions his combo of strength and speed make him perfect for using the blitzkrieg tactic.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

The Rumbles Board Lawyer's Analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    Well, Simon mentioned to the Beast that he sees the world in slow motion a few times,
    Objection - hearsay.

he's run through traffic complete with speed lines during his solo series,
    Objection - travel speed, not combat speed.

he's done the spin around so fast he creates a vortex(IIRC against Quantum)
    Objection - arguably that's again travel speed, not combat speed. But I'd be willing to withdraw this objection upon review.

Oh, not that it really counts but he has a bio type entry from an Avengers comic that mentions his combo of strength and speed make him perfect for using the blitzkrieg tactic.
    Objection - again, hearsay.

I'd love Simon to pick up a win against one of the big dogs, but there needs to be more direct combat evidence than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The Rumbles Board Lawyer's Analysis.

Objection - hearsay.

Objection - travel speed, not combat speed.

Objection - arguably that's again travel speed, not combat speed. But I'd be willing to withdraw this objection upon review.

Objection - again, hearsay.

I'd love Simon to pick up a win against one of the big dogs, but there needs to be more direct combat evidence than that.
    Actually running wouldn't be a travel feat as he's running around under his own power and would need to be able to move and react at those speeds or he would be crashing through everybody.
    Come vote on the league match of the century.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=379297

That and IIRC the spinning around to create a vortex was before he could fly under his own power.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

That and IIRC the spinning around to create a vortex was before he could fly under his own power.
    If it was fighting Quantum it was WAAAAAAAAYYYYY before he could do that. Quantum was back in the first few issues of WCA. He was still safari-jacketed at that time. After that he had the green-yellow-red horror-show costume with the retro-jet-pack on the back, and then switched back to black-and-red with the waist-mounted jets before he finally realised he could fly unaided.