Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Talking

I love layla Character. She is interesting. People really do not know what to expect. I am looking foward her issue. Her powers are difficult to understand that is awesome. Some many mutants can not evolve, her power define them. Layla is more about her persona. She does not even know what to do. She pretent she know stuff but she makes mistakes. She is evolving all the time. I like that not all is known about her. That is charming

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Layla is my favorite female Marvel character, I really hope that X-Factor doesn't get canceled. I don't trust anyone other than PAD making her work.

Retired

Nice to see some new faces in this thread, welcome! I'm as apprehensive as the rest of you about Marvel NOW!, but worry not. In an interview with Newsarama, Axel Alonso said:

Axel Alonso: X-Factor is one of a handful of titles that wont be profoundly affected. I cant say more yet.
    I take that to mean that Alex is leaving to join Uncanny Avengers, but apart from that everything will remain unchanged. PAD would go down kicking and screaming before he gave up Layla. I'm certain. I'd even hazard that she's his favourite character. Let's all just look forward to Run, Layla, Run! in X-Factor #240 and try to be optimistic about the future of X-Factor Investigations if nothing else. Speaking of which, if anyone finds a textless version of Yardin's beautiful cover, please post it here. He hasn't uploaded one to his tumblr or DA yet, which is a shame.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Retired

David Yardin just uploaded a textless version of his cover for X-Factor #240 to his deviantart and tumblr. So good. I can't wait for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    Nice to see some new faces in this thread, welcome! I'm as apprehensive as the rest of you about Marvel NOW!, but worry not. In an interview with Newsarama, Axel Alonso said:

I take that to mean that Alex is leaving to join Uncanny Avengers, but apart from that everything will remain unchanged. PAD would go down kicking and screaming before he gave up Layla. I'm certain. I'd even hazard that she's his favourite character. Let's all just look forward to Run, Layla, Run! in X-Factor #240 and try to be optimistic about the future of X-Factor Investigations if nothing else. Speaking of which, if anyone finds a textless version of Yardin's beautiful cover, please post it here. He hasn't uploaded one to his tumblr or DA yet, which is a shame.
    That is interesting. I love X-Factor and hope it doesn't get canceled but it'll survive about 100 issues. I wonder why Marvel overlooks the sales, and for so long, of the title specifically and not others.

PAD could work wonders with Polaris if Havok leaves and she stays.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    That is interesting. I love X-Factor and hope it doesn't get canceled but it'll survive about 100 issues. I wonder why Marvel overlooks the sales, and for so long, of the title specifically and not others.

PAD could work wonders with Polaris if Havok leaves and she stays.
    Tom Breevort recently stated (and with some conviction) that it's not being cancelled. Thankfully! And I agree that separating Lorna from Alex (and Bobby, because she's always either with one or the other) is a much needed step forward in her development. We've yet to see her interact with Layla, could be an interesting dynamic.

Run Layla Run looks good in the preview. Love the stuff about her as a child and now.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Retired

Retired

I AM SO EXCITED. Delighted to have Neal Edwards on this. The art looks beautiful. I love the Tom Twyker film festival reference. I'll be listening to this as I read the issue. I recommend you all do too.

This issue looks amazing. This seems like it will be a premier example of David's excellent eye for pacing, and it's always great when he showcases a character that he's responsible for defining the voice of. Edward's work is so evocative on it barely needs any words on it. In fact, I'm going to read this a second time without looking at the words, just to enjoy Edwards' storytelling ability. Psyched!
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Retired

One day to go. I can't wait. I've been anticipating this ever since PAD casually, jokingly mentioned it on twitter several months ago. I wonder if every page will be two columns of divergent timelines. Would be fitting given the source material.

The issue was really good

Retired

It was everything I wanted it to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Delighted to have some deeper insight into the nature of Layla's knowledge at last, and to see how it seems to have developed given her recent actions. I hope she continues to ensure the actualisation of the future she desires, her horrible Magma-style hair notwithstanding. (It looks good on Amara, but not on Layla.)

Chesapeake, is that the Whore of Babylon in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by tent View Post
    I liked her better when she was a kid and we thought her mutant powers was to "know stuff"...

Her bringing people back to life powers are ultra lame and I really felt cheated.
    I agree. She was much more interesting as a kid. And I'm slightly disturbed by her "adult" relationship with Jamie.

Retired

I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to her being an adult, but I love her just the same. And as she said to Jaime, even when she was younger, she wasn't ever really a kid.