Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Does anyone find it sad that Layla is no where near the whole Avengers vs X-men event at all ?
    Hear hear. Somehow "I spent five years in the future where Hope is responsible for millions of deaths" seems like it would be a relevant topic when the Phoenix is concerned with her.
    Last edited by 1derer; 01-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Here here. Somehow "I spent five years in the future where Hope is responsible for millions of deaths" seems like it would be a relevant topic when the Phoenix is concerned with her.
    We need more Layla. She seems like one of those characters that should be involved more, but, sadly, she's not. But maybe she would want it this way, away from the spotlight.

In the WMG section, I think she's the future daughter of Mistress Death and Deadpool. Now that would be cool

I dig magic Layla

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Does anyone find it sad that Layla is no where near the whole Avengers vs X-men event at all ?
    She should count herself lucky. I'm considering avoiding the entire thing myself.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    She should count herself lucky. I'm considering avoiding the entire thing myself.
    Agreed. Things never go down well when X-Factor get mixed up in X-Men business. They're better off keeping well away.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Agreed. Things never go down well when X-Factor get mixed up in X-Men business. They're better off keeping well away.
    Their appearance in Children's Crusade was great. Being forced into Messiah Complex was not.

There are times where it would make sense for them to have tie-ins, but it needs to be organic and not interrupt the flow of the plot.

Retired

So for the first time since House of M, looks like Layla will reunite with Wolverine! Nation X doesn't count - they barely even looked at each other, and she was still a kid in Civil War.

PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Nothing gets Wolverine more excited than the chance to mentor a girl.

Retired

Nothing gets Wolverine more excited than the chance to mentor a girl.
    HA! So true.

I've braced myself for the possibility that Layla might take a break from X-Factor for a while, but I still don't like. I don't think PAD would send her off into limbo. Though if Jamie doesn't come back I'm almost certain she won't stick around. Where would she go? Latveria doesn't seem like a viable option for the moment and I can't see her on any other team. Will just have to hope for the best.

HA! So true.

I've braced myself for the possibility that Layla might take a break from X-Factor for a while, but I still don't like. I don't think PAD would send her off into limbo. Though if Jamie doesn't come back I'm almost certain she won't stick around. Where would she go? Latveria doesn't seem like a viable option for the moment and I can't see her on any other team. Will just have to hope for the best.
    If PAD gets rid of her for a while, I'd like to see her guest elsewhere. It could at least be a way to get her in AvX.

Retired

If PAD gets rid of her for a while, I'd like to see her guest elsewhere. It could at least be a way to get her in AvX.
    After this week's issue I get the impression she's just gonna end up staying in the morgue, until Jamie comes back. She's good at being still and just waiting, lol.

Everyone's turned on her really quickly. I understand why, but would they really rather Guido stayed dead? I hope she'll at least maintain her friendship with Shatterstar. Was quite disappointed that Rahne of all people wasn't a little more tolerant. She "respects" Layla? They were kind of close in the beginning, like when Rahne went to get her back from the orphanage. I guess she mistrusts Layla for not forewarning her about the birthing incident (even though Layla made it up to her with ice-cream, lol).

I don't foresee much of a relationship with Layla, Lorna and Alex.

Also unrelated, and although I can't really say I'm a fan of her costume, I do appreciate the stripes on her trousers as a reminder of kid Layla.

After this week's issue I get the impression she's just gonna end up staying in the morgue, until Jamie comes back. She's good at being still and just waiting, lol.

Everyone's turned on her really quickly. I understand why, but would they really rather Guido stayed dead? I hope she'll at least maintain her friendship with Shatterstar.
    I was thinking about the Shatterstar thing too. Not only should he probably care less than most people about what Layla did, but the two of them are extremely close to the point that PAD's made their relationship an actual plot point. It seems odd that he would just back off like this, unless it was at Rictor's behest. Maybe Rictor isn't as good of an influence as Shatterstar thought he would be.

Also unrelated, and although I can't really say I'm a fan of her costume, I do appreciate the stripes on her trousers as a reminder of kid Layla.

Holy Shit, I never noticed that before. I like her civvie version of that costume a lot more, as well as her brief "Doom-lite" look where she wore the green cloak. In fact, I have no idea why Layla is just chilling in her costume instead of, you know, jeans.

Retired

In fact, I have no idea why Layla is just chilling in her costume instead of, you know, jeans.
    That's exactly what I mean. I miss the days when everyone in X-Factor was casual with small elements of costumes. Now they're all in their matching two-tone jackets all the time. Jamie's T-shirt suddenly grew a collar and ever since then they've not looked back. With Lorna and Alex joining I think costumes are just something I'll have to get used to. Still, I like to think of X-Factor like this:

Anyway here's some more Layla appreciation courtesy of tumblr:

Poor girl, don't let the meanies gang up on you. Go hug Shatterstar and give Dr Doom a phone call.

I miss the days when everyone in X-Factor was casual with small elements of costumes. Now they're all in their matching two-tone jackets all the time. Jamie's T-shirt suddenly grew a collar and ever since then they've not looked back. With Lorna and Alex joining I think costumes are just something I'll have to get used to. Still, I like to think of X-Factor like this:
    My sentiments exactly!

Anyone else see this yet?