Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 249
  1. #16
    Junior Member Dupe1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barachiel View Post
    In this, I will agree. The big reveal of why she knew stuff and what her power actually is was a cheat. It also provided a retcon to an old character that didn't need it. What was so wrong with Fitzroy being a spoiled, rich entitled mutant who abused his powers that they needed to add a "she brought him back without his soul" bit? I mean really?
    I have no problem with the Fitzroy "Retcon", which I find did not really take anything away from the character, (especially since as it stand Fitz was likely never to be heard from again). If anything I kind of wish PAD found a way to take Fitz out of the MU timeline to keep the character around.

    The creepy relationship with child layla was actually really fun. I`d love to see a playful scene where jamie comes home and finds adult layla in the long socks and pigtails, (some clean wholesome role play fun) Jamie can decline not knowing what to think then Layla can slap him and the ensuing dupe can volunteer, (she knew he would, she knows stuff).
    The FUX-Men: Jamie Madrox, Strong Guy, Layla Miller, Forge, Bishop, Quicksilver, Monet, Beast.

    "We're the Good Guys, and we do not F'n care what you think about that!"

  2. #17
    Junior Member visi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupe1979 View Post
    I have no problem with the Fitzroy "Retcon", which I find did not really take anything away from the character, (especially since as it stand Fitz was likely never to be heard from again). If anything I kind of wish PAD found a way to take Fitz out of the MU timeline to keep the character around.

    The creepy relationship with child layla was actually really fun. I`d love to see a playful scene where jamie comes home and finds adult layla in the long socks and pigtails, (some clean wholesome role play fun) Jamie can decline not knowing what to think then Layla can slap him and the ensuing dupe can volunteer, (she knew he would, she knows stuff).
    I pretty much agree with all of this. The only problem I had with what PAD did with Layla was the explanation of her powerset. It doesn't really make sense given what she's done in the past and continues to do

  3. #18
    Senior Member 1derer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visi View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of this. The only problem I had with what PAD did with Layla was the explanation of her powerset. It doesn't really make sense given what she's done in the past and continues to do
    I feel like I can explain how it makes sense.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

  4. #19
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    so layla was raised by a future cyclops??

  5. #20
    Shut up. fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    so layla was raised by a future cyclops??
    Not 'raised' really. More like he looked after her for 5 years of her teenage life, kind of.

  6. #21
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Not 'raised' really. More like he looked after her for 5 years of her teenage life, kind of.
    how old was she when she in messiah complex

  7. #22
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    ????????????????

  8. #23
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Surrealist View Post
    Layla Miller is awesome.



    I liked her better as a kid. Sue me. I hate it when child characters are mystically aged to adulthood(ok, she was sent to a parallel future and grew up there, but you get my point) instead of being allowed to grow up on their own time. It seems like the only reason she was aged was so Madrox can get some ass.

    Anyway, whatever happened to the idea that Scarlet Witch subconsciously created Layla as a failsafe to restore reality after she(Wanda) caused the House of M reality warp?
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

    PHOENIX INVICTUS!

  9. #24
    Shut up. fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    how old was she when she in messiah complex
    I'm guessing 15. She's about 20 now.

  10. #25
    Shut up. fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post

    Anyway, whatever happened to the idea that Scarlet Witch subconsciously created Layla as a failsafe to restore reality after she(Wanda) caused the House of M reality warp?
    I'm assuming that theory still stands. She was just brought over to the real world after House of M. It's not like Wanda isn't capable of creating people (see current Magneto).

  11. #26
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    And so begins Layla not knowing stuff. The future's bleak for Butterfly.

  12. #27
    Senior Member 1derer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    I'm assuming that theory still stands. She was just brought over to the real world after House of M. It's not like Wanda isn't capable of creating people (see current Magneto).
    PAD hoped onto the "Is Layla Magneto's Granddaughter?" thread and confirmed that Wanda did not create Layla.

    Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    And so begins Layla not knowing stuff. The future's bleak for Butterfly.
    I expect that she'll still know stuff. I could be wrong though. I just interpreted that as meaning that her powers mess with stuff so much that she can screw up her own knowledge. She still knew that she would need that bad-ass exorcism spell (which appeared to be significantly more intense than her previous one).
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

  13. #28
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Perhaps, I just got the impression that the unwavering faith in what she thought she knew has now become so shaken, that in the future she'll be unsure if she can ever truly trust herself to rely on it again.

    Regardless, an excellent Layla issue. One of my favourites in a long time. I was starting to wish we had the old cute and creepy Layla back, but here I finally felt myself become more attached to the mystical, secretive, adult Layla. I think a lot is going to change for her from here on in, even if Jamie comes back. Though part of me suspects she may be taking a hiatus.

  14. #29
    Senior Member 1derer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Perhaps, I just got the impression that the unwavering faith in what she thought she knew has now become so shaken, that in the future she'll be unsure if she can ever truly trust herself to rely on it again.

    Regardless, an excellent Layla issue. One of my favourites in a long time. I was starting to wish we had the old cute and creepy Layla back, but here I finally felt myself become more attached to the mystical, secretive, adult Layla. I think a lot is going to change for her from here on in, even if Jamie comes back. Though part of me suspects she may be taking a hiatus.
    You make a really good point. Having the most important person in your life bite-it would definitely cause some doubts to fester, even if her knowledge isn't totally useless from now on, I can see PAD focusing on other aspects of her character.

    I really liked her exorcism scene in this issue. It was pretty epic and I hope to find a pic of it to put up here. Layla as an acolyte (of Doom ) is looking to be a fun ride. I dig her mystic angle.

    I suspect that wherever that her presence in the book will largely be dependent on Madrox's. So long as he isn't around (or in the same universe/timeline/etc) as her, she won't have any reason to be other than dealing with Guido's lack of a soul.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

  15. #30
    Elder Member CMBMOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,748

    Default

    Does anyone find it sad that Layla is no where near the whole Avengers vs X-men event at all ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •