Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Jul 15, 2011

Tom Brevoort is back digging into the fan questions mail bag to cover a range of Marvel Comics issues from the X-Men's "Schism" to the future of CrossGen and the fate of characters both female and furious.

Full article here.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Bloody Hell!

I think I just fell in love with (Lady) Ghost-Rider.

Who is doing the interior artwork, does anyone know?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

DOes anyone think that this could be a proper time to reintroude the MC2 Spider-girl again, given all of the female related superheroines in that world ?

BANNED

Right because Idie, Hope and the Lights. Deserve Bigger roles then Storm and Gambit.

As for those two getting bigger roles well anything in the core books would better then what they get now. And I will believe it when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Right because Idie, Hope and the Lights. Deserve Bigger roles then Storm and Gambit.

As for those two getting bigger roles well anything in the core books would better then what they get now. And I will believe it when I read it.
    Makes you wonder how big the changes will be after Schism. I already want to skip over to the aftermath.
    Last edited by 5cents; 07-15-2011 at 02:42 PM.

major failure on handling of Prelude mini-series. I thought it was important and a lead up Schism, but this b.s. esoteric answer undermines it. So they just all gathered around wondering what to do about an unestablished event? Just to give us "theme."

I don't buy this, as much as I'd like Storm to get a bigger role in the X-Men (I'm not that huge a Gambit fan and he's in legacy a lot) no character deserves a bigger role. There are characters with more potential and characters who have exhausted their potential, but it's not like Spider-Man someone deserves all these books because he's sold so well or is so popular. It's an editorial decision to work with characters (can we tell a good story with them?) and a financial decision to run with characters (can we sell a story with them?). Someone doesn't deserve page time because they're well liked.

If you want to argue that the X-Men stories would be better with more Storm in, and would make more sense of the current Schism leadership stuff with her in, then'd I'd agree. I just don't think she should get more time because of some idea she deserves it.

Loved the non-answer to the "Prelude To Schism" question. This was one mini I'd gladly rip the cover off of and mail it to DC. What a waste of time and money.

I would rather they just give Storm and Gambit their own ongoing and have them leave the X-men at this point. You either going to have Storm being wallpaper on Cyclops team or following Wolverine which would be even worst.

As for Gambit. I wouldn't be shocked if Nick was talking about Legacy.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I would rather they just give Storm and Gambit their own ongoing and have them leave the X-men at this point. You either going to have Storm being wallpaper on Cyclops team or following Wolverine which would be even worst.

As for Gambit. I wouldn't be shocked if Nick was talking about Legacy.
    Actually, I would like it if they became number twos for the leaders: Storm takes command of Cyclops' pro-hero team (X-Men) because of her connection of Black Panther and The Fantastic Four, leaving him in charge of Uncanny with Emma; and Gambit takes command of Uncanny X-Force because he can be sneaky like Wolverine.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    DOes anyone think that this could be a proper time to reintroude the MC2 Spider-girl again, given all of the female related superheroines in that world ?
    No, not at all.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

The answer re: Schism made me glad I dropped the prelude after issue 1. Also glad I'm skipping the main mini. Sticking with the 'side' X-books: X-Factor, Legacy and New Mutants.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Bloody Hell!

I think i just fell in love with the fact you fell in love with Lady Ghost Rider.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I think i just fell in love with the fact you fell in love with Lady Ghost Rider.
    LOL

Based on those prevs alone I am going to give this a look-see.

Has it been released? Or is it pending?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Bloody Hell!

It's Matthew Clark.

After having ruined an interesting run by Keith Giffen onto DOOM PATROL, he's doing...that.
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future