Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

I just finished A Feast for Crows and have two thoughts: first, now I understand why everyone was so upset by how long it took to get A Dance with Dragons" out, and, secondly, I'm thinking the word Brienne shouted wasn't a word but a name, Arya.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Animation & Illustration

Apparently George revealed at a convention some time back that the word she shouts is "sword".
    Last edited by Inkthinker; 07-26-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    Apparently George revealed at a convention some time back that the word she shouts is "sword".
    ah, trying to get Stoneheart to understand that the blade is Ice.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    The name of the sword being "oathkeeper"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm still worried that Martin shit on Cersei so much in an attempt for us to feel bad for her.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. People feel bad for Cersei?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    either she dies....or ends up meaning nothing in a world where she has lived her whole life trying to mean something
    I could see that.

Animation & Illustration

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    ah, trying to get Stoneheart to understand that the blade is Ice.
    Well, that or a response to the choice Stoneheart gave her, "rope or sword?"
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Just finished reading A Dance With Dragons. Decent read, but it felt like the phrase "Much and more" appeared on every page of this book.

George has finished The Winds of Winter! According to his not-a-blog, the series has now grown to a 10-book series.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

spoilers:
    Hook, line and sinker, man. Good job.
    end of spoilers
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

I am really looking forward to Dany getting back to Westarios. Most of the Great Houses don't believe in the Dragons she has. Going to be a huge shock for them.

So many scum to clean up. I really don't mind Westarios falling to a White Walker Invasion.

Rargh book now.

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    I am really looking forward to Dany getting back to Westarios. Most of the Great Houses don't believe in the Dragons she has. Going to be a huge shock for them.

So many scum to clean up. I really don't mind Westarios falling to a White Walker Invasion.
    Am I the only one who doesn't want Daenerys to go to Westeros?
    I mean...Westeros has enough problems as is. Dany showing up? That's just an extra civil war on top of all the pre-existing civil war going on. Not good.
    If anything, I feel that Dany is exactly where she's needed, fighting to abolish slavery.
    ...OK, there's the wights. That's the problem with my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't want Daenerys to go to Westeros?
    I mean...Westeros has enough problems as is. Dany showing up? That's just an extra civil war on top of all the pre-existing civil war going on. Not good.
    If anything, I feel that Dany is exactly where she's needed, fighting to abolish slavery.
    ...OK, there's the wights. That's the problem with my plan.
    The abolishing slavery thing wasn't working out too well for her last I checked.

The idea was great. She just didn't consider about all the remifications that came about it.

Still her heart was in the right place.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    The idea was great. She just didn't consider about all the remifications that came about it.

Still her heart was in the right place.
    That's a theme not covered often enough in fantasy stories... How people with the best intentions just can't make things better, no matter how they try, and through no fault of their own (nor of any single individual or small group). Very often, a system is so ponderous and deeply ingrained that only decades of efforts by crowds of individuals can start to change things. I wonder if Daenerys will come to such a realization after her recent ordeal, and if so whether she'll resolve to work even harder to bring about lasting change or if she'll wash her hands of the whole thing. Honestly, with Martin's way of surprising us, I'd hesitate to make any prediction!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog