Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    They have already had budget issues. They cut a planned battle from season 1 by only showing the aftermath when Tyrion woke up, they cut a battle scene from this episode and they had to ask for a bit more money to do the Battle of Blackwater in episodes 8 and 9 justice without the wildfire looking like cheap CGI and so they had enough extras.
    such is TV

its been a while since I read book two....how does Blackwater get going? Stannis launches the assualt I think?
    Support your local roller derby league

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    such is TV

its been a while since I read book two....how does Blackwater get going? Stannis launches the assualt I think?
    Yup, episode 8 should end with them entering the bay with Stannis leading his fleet as Tyrion prepares the forces against them and Bronn goes to his mark to pull the chain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They could be, but Blackwater is still bigger than all of them, I think.

The real concern should be actors wages. The kids not so much, but if Kit Harrington or Emilia Clarke get some big movie roles in the meantime...
    The actors are under contracts that renew with each season being greenlit and they have first refusal on projects offered to the cast members, just like HBO did when Jame Gandolfini took a role in The Last Castle and just like how NBC blocked Zach Levy taking a role in Thor because of his contract tied to Chuck. So unless they film around their existing schedules or pull double duty like Alyson Hannigan on Buffy and the first two American Pie films, they are going to be S.O.L. when it comes to taking other projects that conflict with the GoT filming schedule.

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Anyone got any ideas/hopes as to the eventual status quo? Jon Snow as King in The North wed to Daenerys with Aegon on The Iron Throne wed to Arya, Gendry as Kingsguard, Tyrion as the Hand and Lord of Casterly Rock and Jamie sent to the Wall seems possible to me.
    I think most of that is rather unlikely.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    I think most of that is rather unlikely.
    Well then perhaps the actual question I have posed is something you'd like to answer then? Aegon and Dany marrying is their family tradition but we've seen incest seems to cause madness and Jon Snow, if he is spoilers:
    Lyanna and and Rhaegar's son
    end of spoilers he could help in parlaying a deal to split the kingdom amongst the remaining dynasty. Arya is a bit more of a wildcard due to her training up to this point but I think the Baratheons are pretty damn smashed at this point in terms of support for their line. As much as I like Brienne, I don't think she's lasting to the end.
    Last edited by Superbeast; 04-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Well then perhaps the actual question I have posed is something you'd like to answer then? Aegon and Dany marrying is their family tradition but we've seen incest seems to cause madness and Jon Snow, if he is spoilers:
    Lyanna and and Rhaegar's son
    end of spoilers he could help in parlaying a deal to split the kingdom amongst the remaining dynasty. Arya is a bit more of a wildcard due to her training up to this point but I think the Baratheons are pretty damn smashed at this point in terms of support for their line. As much as I like Brienne, I don't think she's lasting to the end.

I agree about Brienne. I think her ultimate purpose is to teach Jamie humility/humanity, which she's done. Any thing else from this point forward is bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    My theory is that taking the Night's Watch oath before the Old Gods rather than the Seven is somehow important. Martin made a point of mentioning that Benjen had taken his oath at a Heart Tree.
    Don't the Starks all worship the Old Gods? I thought they made a point of this when Caitlin was discussing her youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueferret View Post
    Don't the Starks all worship the Old Gods? I thought they made a point of this when Caitlin was discussing her youth.
    All but Catelyn, although Arya's story takes her to a far different religious experience.

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

he could help in parlaying a deal to split the kingdom amongst the remaining dynasty.
    I think that's a dead issue at this point. Northern separatism pretty much died at the Red Wedding. Nobody's really talking about splitting the realm anymore, and all the remaining claimants believe in a unified Westeros.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    I think that's a dead issue at this point. Northern separatism pretty much died at the Red Wedding. Nobody's really talking about splitting the realm anymore, and all the remaining claimants believe in a unified Westeros.
    yup...the place has seen various uprisings and revolts so anyone taking over wants the whole thing under their rule

Quote Originally Posted by Blueferret View Post
    I agree about Brienne. I think her ultimate purpose is to teach Jamie humility/humanity, which she's done. Any thing else from this point forward is bonus.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last we saw of her getting hoisted into the air with a rope around her neck? I realize that in Martin that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but as far as the information we have now goes, I'd say it's safe to say she's out of play.

EDIT: Aaaaand in review I see that I am, in fact, wrong. Retracted!
    Last edited by Kaim; 04-29-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    I gave Iris West -- the kiss of death!

The two primary protagonists in the series appear to be Jon and Dany. This also seems to be supported by the title of the series. Like a manga fangirl, I was hoping for a Jon and Dany union with a nice happy ending. That is together they defeat the Others, get married, and bring peace and prosperity back to Westeros as King and Queen.

Martin has hinted that there will be no happy ending so that conclusion probably ain't happenin'.

Anyone else have speculation as to how the story will wrap up?

Also, to be an Others "zombie," do you have to be killed by The Others? What is the chance that Jon really dies and comes back as a Coldhands-like Zombie? Probably idle speculation on my part, but the conversation earlier in the thread got me thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    The two primary protagonists in the series appear to be Jon and Dany. This also seems to be supported by the title of the series. Like a manga fangirl, I was hoping for a Jon and Dany union with a nice happy ending. That is together they defeat the Others, get married, and bring peace and prosperity back to Westeros as King and Queen.

Martin has hinted that there will be no happy ending so that conclusion probably ain't happenin'.

Anyone else have speculation as to how the story will wrap up?

Also, to be an Others "zombie," do you have to be killed by The Others? What is the chance that Jon really dies and comes back as a Coldhands-like Zombie? Probably idle speculation on my part, but the conversation earlier in the thread got me thinking ...
    With 2 books to go, there is a lot of ground to cover. The Westeros throne is nowhere close to being resolved and then you add the Others into the mix it's a mess.

most everyone dies and the Seven Kingdoms become seven independent kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    It seems a bit on the nose, but I think Melisandre is going to bring Jon back from the grave and somehow get his hands on Lightbringer, which will burst into flames or at least give off intense heat. She'll realize that he's the Azor Ahai, not Stannis. The Black will turn their back on him, but the wildlings and Stannis' men will rally to him.