Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: EXCL. PREVIEWS: "Red Robin," Birds of Prey"

Courtesy of DC Comics, CBR presents [em]exclusive[/em] previews for "Birds of Prey" #14 and "Red Robin" #25. Both issues are set to hit stores tomorrow, July 13.

Full article here.

OUCH.the Al Ghul rape reference again.

See I was actually thinking of getting these issues, but with the reboot just around the corner I'm not so sure anymore. Is BoP still going to be in continuity?

Good %$*#ing lord, THIS issue of Birds has fill in art too? Come the #$&@ on! I guess it's tradition now? Man, this volume had a curse on it since it's inception. I feel bad for Gail. This really was her book, and it just started to turn into a mess starting with issue #2. Deserved better.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Good %$*#ing lord, THIS issue of Birds has fill in art too? Come the #$&@ on! I guess it's tradition now? Man, this volume had a curse on it since it's inception. I feel bad for Gail. This really was her book, and it just started to turn into a mess starting with issue #2. Deserved better.
    I know the sentiment since Birds really didn't have the consistency it deserved until Saiz came along (and all-too-briefly), although I'll never call a team consisting of Andreyko and Billy Tucci a bad thing.

Red Robin looks good. I actually like how Tim is handling it ... and the Black Bat is always welcome to drop by and kick seven shades of ass.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I know the sentiment since Birds really didn't have the consistency it deserved until Saiz came along (and all-too-briefly), although I'll never call a team consisting of Andreyko and Billy Tucci a bad thing
    Andreyko and Billy Tucci ISN'T a bad thing, I knew they were coming, but, look at the cover. There are also pencils from Adriana Melo with inks by JP Mayer. Fill in art on a fill in arc...

Elder Member

Not a fan of Tucci's art. It always seems slight and rushed to me.I also don't get why they keep putting him on WWII set stories when his work doesn't have even a hint of the "grit" that war time stories should at least have a touch of.

EDIT: Although since this one is set in 1950, I guess it gets a pass on the "war" thing.

I like the look of "The Black Bat." I never read much of Cassandra Cain, and didn't get into the solo title mostly because I didn't like her faceless costume.

But I'm glad that Cassandra is back for the fans that liked her. I heard she went "bad" sometime ago, but I'm glad that's either been erased or forgotten.

Short preview this time for Red Robin. But, it looks good. Nice to see Cass swooping in.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

The only way that Black Bat splash would be better is if Cass yelled, "Bad touch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    See I was actually thinking of getting these issues, but with the reboot just around the corner I'm not so sure anymore. Is BoP still going to be in continuity?
    If you have any interest in Red Robin, then please pick it up and support the great work Fabian, Marcus and Ray have been doing on the book.

Red Robin has been great so far. I'm not so sure about these new titles. I'm hoping for some killer previews soon.

A very rude... gentleman darthnat's Avatar

Not real keen on the "rape is hilarious!" thing Red Robin has going on, but I'm real excited to see Cass. At the very least, the art will be nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Song View Post
    I like the look of "The Black Bat."
    Me, too. Better than her Batgirl look. Looks like she's grown a bit, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by darthnat View Post
    Not real keen on the "rape is hilarious!" thing Red Robin has going on, but I'm real excited to see Cass. At the very least, the art will be nice to look at.
    Tim doesn't seem to find it too funny. That's the important part.

People are making too much out of an author adding a little levity in a meta sense to the narrative of what is usually a pretty fun book.

If it disturbs you to see Tim nearly getting raped, then good. It should. It's disturbing him. THAT is what matters.

I swear, next you'll see people complaining that Spider-man makes jokes about horrible situations.