Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel Releases Second Teaser for Post-"Fear Itself" Event

On the heels of an Iron Fist teaser image unveiled yesterday, Marvel Comics has released another mysterious pic for a project spinning out of their "Fear Itself" event

Full article here.

BANNED

CBR is slow as long as Fraction is not writing it looks good so far.

Seems like a magic-centric event/ongoing, particularly with these taglines.

BANNED

i'm very excited for a dr. strange title. i hope marvel has picked some quality talent.

I like these teasers so far. Really hope these are on goings. Doctor Strange and Iron Fist are two of my favorite characters.
    "Some people look to the past for answers. I look to the future for solutions." --- SJH

Since both Danny and Strange were a part of the Mighty, I assume whatever is going on is somehow related to that. I suppose we'll have to see if the pattern continues though. The next few promos, assuming my guess is right, would probably need to involved: Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Logan, Spidey, Hawkeye, and whoever the other women are.

Other things Strange and Danny have in common... they're both mystical, and they're both New Avengers. So it could be hype for some sort of event for the later, or some sort of event for the former.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhenom View Post
    Seems like a magic-centric event/ongoing, particularly with these taglines.
    Does Marvel really have enough diversity in skills to scrape together a magic team?

I don't really like these.... outlines with words all on it?

bty I believe that these teasers are spelling out the title of their new on goings or limited series.In both the Iron Fist and Doctor Strange pictures theirs letters that are in red,orange and kind of a brown that stick out.Here's the letters for both of them.If someone could try and make up a word or few words out of them that could make up a title.

Iron Fist-T,E,H,H,F,U,E,T,H,V,N,E,R,O,I,S,T,Y,E and G.

Doctor Strange-O,Y,I,U,H,N,V,E,T,R,E,E,O,T,U and S.

So their are the letters,I am terrible at word scrambles.

Amateur Doctor the dot and the line's Avatar

Do the letters that are colored yellow have any meaning? do they spell out something?

could be the new avengers lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Does Marvel really have enough diversity in skills to scrape together a magic team?
    It might end up being just the New Avengers.

Bendis has talked a long time about creating rules for magic in the MU or whatever, and that first arc with Brother Voodoo probably was just the starting point for something bigger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It might end up being just the New Avengers.

Bendis has talked a long time about creating rules for magic in the MU or whatever, and that first arc with Brother Voodoo probably was just the starting point for something bigger.
    Perhaps. Be easier to tell tomorrow or today if they release more.

Although some rules for magic would be nice. I just don't see Marvel have enough Magic characters. Although I guess they could do it. Ghost Rider, A vampire or Blade gets u four, maybe Thor. That would be five.

Each colour of lettering on each picture spells out a specific word. It looks like you need all the character pictures together to get the full message. I think it's ordered by colour, so the yellow word on Iron Fist is followed by the yellow word on Doctor Strange, etc. So far, we've got:

RED = "everyone", "you"
    BROWN = "fight", "to"
    ORANGE = "shut", "the"
    YELLOW = "the", "universe"

Any guesses yet? There must be at least one more character to come, possibly two or even three.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Through my experiences with message boards and Wikipedia, apparently Marvel actually has a very rich mystical aspect to their universe that's not often explored, what with Fear Lords, multiple domains of hells, universal abstracts, gods, the Immortal Weapons, ghouls, goblins, vampires, werewolves.

They can do it if they really want to, but the question is whether or not this is about a magic team or just a magic centric event. What with there being no actual Sorcerer Supreme, you'd think things would've heated up by now. I kinda think this time they should go with a Sorceress Supreme.

Who knows? This could just be another New Avengers relaunch. Looking forward to tomorrow's teaser. But I hope it's a magic event. They've been holding out on that since Annihilation first kicked off. I think RAS was supposed to be working on one back then.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 07-12-2011 at 08:47 AM.