Page 288 of 668 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 10018

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    But neither PAD nor Tom Breevort would ever let that happen! I look forward to delving into Lorna's past. I wonder if she'll be revealed to be just a clone.
    Now now A2 lets not be a troll.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Now now A2 lets not be a troll.
    <3! No but seriously, a clone story (although cheap) is still a possibility is it not? Her genetic material matches Magneto's, but that doesn't mean she's absolutely his daughter does it? Regardless, I am genuinely pleased to hear that Lorna will be getting some focus.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

<3! No but seriously, a clone story (although cheap) is still a possibility is it not? Her genetic material matches Magneto's, but that doesn't mean she's absolutely his daughter does it? Regardless, I am genuinely pleased to hear that Lorna will be getting some focus.
    She's actually one of the few characters were it's been stated directly on panel that's she's not a clone.

I just don't like the idea of a clones anyway. Sometimes it's done well like X-23 but I just see it taking a lot away from Lorna's characters. I also don't see why people find it so hard to believe that Magneto could have gotten two women knocked up in the 80s years he's been walking around the marvel universe. It's not like he's ever really been shy of female companionship.
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Retired

Ah fair enough then, I shan't pursue it any further. Still, appearance in AvX, potential new costume, and an origin story in the works, looks like things for Lorna are on the up!
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Ah fair enough then, I shan't pursue it any further. Still, potential new costume, origin story in the works, looks like things for Lorna are on the up!
    Well you can pursue, I just won't like it lol. I'm in two minds about this new costume thing. I'm one of the few that actually like her current.

Looks that way. I think Lorna really needs a big character defining story. She hasn't had one for quite a while. If her voice become's more defined maybe more people will use her.

Elder Member

My questions again didn't get asked, but its nice that two of our regulars here did and thanks to the x-editors for responding.

Unfortunately the clone idea is liked in a few circles, not just yourself, which makes the telling of her backstory something apprehensive to me until it happens. I am very much not a supporter of the clone idea for a number of reasons.

The most basic is take the good news that Lorna will be in what was offically labeled as the coda of sorts to House of M that being AvX. I never said it was impossible for her to be there. I know Brevoort gave me a negative response toward her being there several months ago, but that was several months ago. I said months ago even after Brevoort's response that if a writer like Bendis wanted it happen that would be the best shot of it happening and I said that it would make for an great link between HoM and AvX for Lorna to be there especially written by Bendis and drawn by Oliver Coipel.

Would her potental interaction with Wanda, Pietro, Magneto, etc be more or less interesting if she was a female clone? Alot less in my view. Its hard enough for her to have the pannel time to develop anykind of meaningful on pannel relationship as it is with them, with Lorna being dad's female clone to Wanda instead of her half sister it would become impossible in my view for the simple fact that Lorna is never going to get the kind of pannel time X-23 has had with her family which was required to make it work.

Well you can pursue, I just won't like it lol. I'm in two minds about this new costume thing. I'm one of the few that actually like her current.
    Put me down into the tweak her current ones camp to improve its headdress (more like it was in X-Men Legacy) and top (add skull) and I would strongly support it. I do support it right now over any change to a regular team like X-Factor costume.

Mitteloss has also made an issue of her breasts popping out on her new outfit and I can see how he and others could see that issue. I don't mind low cut, but it is pushing it as even Wanda usually doesn't have them that much out there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Would her potental interaction with Wanda, Pietro, Magneto, etc be more or less interesting if she was a female clone? Alot less in my view. Its hard enough for her to have the pannel time to develop anykind of meaningful on pannel relationship as it is with them, with Lorna being dad's female clone to Wanda instead of her half sister it would become impossible in my view for the simple fact that Lorna is never going to get the kind of pannel time X-23 has had with her family which was required to make it work.

Put me down into the tweak her current ones camp to improve its headdress (more like it was in X-Men Legacy) and top (add skull) and I would strongly support it. I do support it right now over any change to a regular team like X-Factor costume.

Mitteloss has also made an issue of her breasts popping out on her new outfit and I can see how he and others could see that issue. I don't mind low cut, but it is pushing it as even Wanda usually doesn't have them that much out there.
    I prefer the current headdress. The one in legacy was too shapeless. As for Wanda and her outfits of course she shows off, she's a roma gypsy. Virtually all those women have bodies like supermodels, according to Channel 4 anyway, if I was straight.....

Elder Member

I prefer the current headdress. The one in legacy was too shapeless. As for Wanda and her outfits of course she shows off, she's a roma gypsy. Virtually all those women have bodies like supermodels, according to Channel 4 anyway, if I was straight.....
    Lorna shows off as well, that said Pietro should be the last person to ever call her on it considering how little (nothing that I recall) that he has said when Wanda has worn virtually nothing.

As for her current headgear its fine for me when its drawn straight on like below, not so much when its drawn from the sides.

At least if she does interact with Wanda in AvX she will be wearing her current outfit and not a team X-Factor one. Lets just say her current one or any of her green numbers really goes well with Wanda's red.

In fact her green outfits mesh really well with any of the other core outfits of the rest of her entire family. I am not precluding the possibility that a team outfit on her might be able to mesh well with the rest of her families costumes, its simply most of them haven't over the years that I recall except maybe her second Acolyte outfit.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Hearing that Lorna and Alex get to be in AvX after all is good news. Not as good as if I had heard that Lorna would get to have a role as big as what she had in House of M, but given I've been spending the past several months expecting she got COMPLETELY screwed out of the crossover because of nostalgia, I'm happy to hear they didn't entirely blow off her potential and I'll take what I can get. Unless, of course, she's written in a very mean-spirited or insulting manner, but for now I'm going to hope for the best. :) I know Lowe isn't going to read this, but regardless, thanks to him for revealing that she actually will get to be in the series after all.

As for the second part, about her origins being addressed in X-Factor... we'll see. Right now, I don't trust Peter David covering them would be a good thing. He has too many characters on the team, something he has claimed outright himself when he said that Scarlet Witch could never join the book. That alone makes me think there's absolutely no way he could spend enough time on Lorna's origins to do justice to them, even if he has the most amazing origin idea imaginable. This is further hampered by how the Lorna portrayed so far in X-Factor comes off the same as before her past decade of development, living in a world where Alex is the be-all and end-all of her universe with no genuine interests and motivations of her own outside him. Saying the news doesn't come straight from Magneto is a bad omen too, because it suggests that it may try to undermine her worth and identity as a daughter of Magneto.

But as I've said before, if Peter David can write her well and respectfully toward her past decade of development, I will admit being wrong about him... but to re-emphasize, that's if that does turn out to be the case. I know there are X-Factor and Peter David fans that think the world of him, but I still don't have a lot of faith in him. Which would make it all the more meaningful if he does actually write Lorna well and turn my expectations of him around.

This actually touches on a video review by Linkara yesterday. He was reviewing Marville #2, and the writer of that thing actually insulted Peter David right in the comic, saying Peter David is a bad writer and has almost no fans. That's something I can see being said by readers on message boards, but it surprised me to see something like that. Also annoyed me. It came off as very unprofessional and mean-spirited of Marville's writer for purely personal ego reasons (I'm too lazy to look up the name of Marville's writer).

But neither PAD nor Tom Breevort would ever let that happen! I look forward to delving into Lorna's past. I wonder if she'll be revealed to be just a clone.
    Not sure where the Peter David part comes from, but for the Brevoort one, it is quite surprising. Either he's more open-minded and considerate than I thought he was, which owes an apology from me, or he was overruled on the issue of whether or not Lorna gets to be in it at all. I'm presently assuming it's the latter. Brevoort's last word on if Lorna would be in AvX was "read and see." But before then, it was "no, she's not going to be in it," with comments on how wrong it was for her to be excluded responded to with "she's not important enough to be in the crossover, we can't put everyone in it." Now that we know Lorna will be in AvX after all, I can't make any definite current judgments about him since I do not know the circumstances behind the change of direction; whether it means Brevoort became more open to Lorna as a meaningful character, or if it means that he was forced to let her come into play. Or if she got added but in an insulting way that defeats the purpose. Any of those is possible, so I'll say thanks to Brevoort if she got added because he was willing to grant her some respect, and that I hope she's written in AvX in a way that he comes around to her if he was forced to add her.

In sum, hearing Lorna will, in fact, get to be in AvX in some way after all makes me happier and puts me a lot more at ease concerning Marvel's attitude toward her. It gives me more of an impression that they do acknowledge and respect her past decade of development enough for her to be involved where she should be, even if it's not as big of a role as I would personally like to see.

I think Alex and Lorna might get a full page introducing them to the story. It's mentioned that they look great drawn by Coipiel, I assume they get a page or double page spread to earn that comment. On the next page there will probably be a panel with Magneto saying something like "daughter it is good to see you", Lorna will probably start bowing..I kid, partly. Scott with say something similar to Alex. I'd imagine they will just be fodder for the X-Men side, I think everyone is pretty much going to be fodder in this story except for Scott, Iron Fist, Hope, Wolvie, Wanda and Cap. Even though AVX has a huge cast, the focus is on a very small group of characters.
    Last edited by blanchett; 05-01-2012 at 06:39 PM.

I think Alex and Lorna might get a full page introducing them to the story. It's mentioned that they look great drawn by Coipiel, I assume they get a page or double page spread to earn that comment. On the next page there will probably be a panel with Magneto saying something like "daughter it is good to see you", Lorna will probably start bowing..I kid, partly. Scott with say something similar to Alex. I'd imagine they will just be fodder for the X-Men side, I think everyone is pretty much going to be fodder in this story except for Scott, Iron Fist, Hope, Wolvie, Wanda and Cap. Even though AVX has a huge cast, the focus is on a very small group of characters.
    It's also possible that Lorna and Alex don't even get to fight at all; there could be an event akin to Decimation, where mutants all over the world are affected by events in AvX, and Lorna and Alex are only shown briefly to show the effects. I'm going to remain hopeful for now that it actually does turn out to be at least a little more than that, though, given they have a lot of potential for the crossover. And even if it's just a small part like suggested, I'll still appreciate the nod to them. Unless it's handled badly, but I'm currently under the impression that even a small part for them will be handled respectably, as their one page inclusion in Regenesis did.

Elder Member

That would be fine with me as long as long as all we get isn't just Havok and Lorna talking to each other, if they don't have her talking with any member of her family they at very least they get somekind of reference into her parentage. I don't expect much, but I expect a little from a Coipiel drawn Polaris in the coda to House of M seven years after it first came out. The two things I am hoping for at my minimum.

1. A great drawn depiction of Lorna. I have zero doubt Coipel will pull it off here as he did before.

2. If she doesn't get a couple lines with a member of her family which I am hoping for at very least a reference to her parentage.

People forget that a book like X-Men Legacy which was the first x-title to deal with the issue since Austen left is only read by around 40K comic fans with maybe another 20K fans reading it online or at Marvel.com or buying the trade. Something like AvX the main series will be read by 200-300K hard core comic fans as it comes out with at least another hundred thousand or two reading it online, at Marvel.com, in trade, etc over the next several years.

Lorna's been out of the loop a long time and AvX is the perfect place to remind fans in a short and sweet way who she and Alex are and their family relationships. The family relationships part matters more for Lorna, because Alex as Scott Summers brother has been better established over a longer period of time and their last names aid in that. I fully expect another round of 'Huh... Lorna is Magneto's daughter/Wanda's sister/etc?' if her parentage is referenced in AvX.

But, hopefully that will be the last time it happens. I spent way more time then I should have answering such threads across the internet in past several years. I think we are finally reaching the point where its close to common knowledge to Marvel fans both long time comic buyers and new casual fans and it coming up in AvX will seal the deal with that.

Anyway Lorna sketch card.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-01-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I actually DO like Lorna's current/space costume, but I see the need for a new look since she's back on Earth and on a street-level team.

On a side note, I hope Lorna gets to say something regarding the Wanda situation with her AvX cameo.
    Bring back Hawkwoman

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I actually DO like Lorna's current/space costume, but I see the need for a new look since she's back on Earth and on a street-level team.
    I don't see why Lorna can't keep a street level outfit when going about daily tasks and daily life and something like her origional or current outfit as wear for coming up against big threats.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Polaris art by Steranko.

Wow! These are so awesome! <3 The Steranko drawing is just beautiful art- quite iconic of Lorna's first storyline. Obviously, there is something dark about it- which I love because it highlights the ambiguous role Lorna had in that storyline quite effortlessly. The flowing hair and her seemingly unconcerned expression gives it a haunting, ghostly feel to it too which adds to that darkness.

The second image is a really cool Polaris/Havok drawing. It's like it catches Lorna as she's flying.
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.