Page 205 of 668 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 10018

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That is fine, my question was general about how he regards Lorna and Havok's development as characters since he left.
    I had something similar at his last X-Position and he didn't answer that one either. He probably just wants the material to speak for itself on that issue.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

I asked him who his favorite female x-character is.

Princess Puffin JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    I'd love to see the answer

Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    I'd say it's Linda Danvers. to be fair she was really cool.
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    If Wanda comes out of the Children's Crusade with a good relationship if Lorna has one two then she'll be redundant again....or we could just assume that they are different characters, with different personalities, different histories and no matter what relationship they have with their father they are individual characters with individual values.
    From the first sentence onward right there screams to me yet another "Lorna is a nobody compared to precious Wanda" situation. They might want Wanda to be able to have a positive relationship with her father soon, so Lorna can't have one now since it would detract from Wanda having one? That would be so much bullshit. Horrible writing. If they want to have Lorna suddenly hating her dad and getting in fights with him and such, the reason should be because they think it's appropriate for Lorna's character development, not because "hurrrr Wanda is our special little princess right now and she's the only one of them allowed to like her dad, it would take away from her if Lorna did too."

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    I don't want to be too unsettled by PAD's response. I think he was responding to the question (which was cueing him) and not necessarily discussing plans.

As JeanGreyForever said, and this was settled to me in the recent Legacy arc, it would just not make sense for the writers to turn around and say that Magneto is responsible for her mothers death- it would be out of character as he already named her his heir in Genosha and was very honestly keen to rescue her in Legacy.

If he had killed Susanna... he would've avoided Lorna as soon as he found out she was his daughter.

In every opportunity he did the opposite. It should be pretty certain he didn't kill her mother, though given what we know, he is likely involved in the circumstances in some way as the plane pieces were magnetized.
    I have to play Devil's Advocate a little here, only to be fair to story possibilities; Carey said there is a lot Magneto needs to make amends for in his recent arc. Magneto naming Lorna as his heir and similar things could be seen as Magneto trying to make up for killing Lorna's mom, whether her death was intentional or accidental.

I'm not advocating using that approach, I'm just pointing out that direction is possible.

I'd say it's Linda Danvers. to be fair she was really cool.
    Please, everyone knows Peter David's favorite female X-character would have to be Aya Brea.

The real Aya Brea of course. Not the awful pretender from the recent terrible "spinoff."

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    From the first sentence onward right there screams to me yet another "Lorna is a nobody compared to precious Wanda" situation. They might want Wanda to be able to have a positive relationship with her father soon, so Lorna can't have one now since it would detract from Wanda having one? That would be so much bullshit. Horrible writing. If they want to have Lorna suddenly hating her dad and getting in fights with him and such, the reason should be because they think it's appropriate for Lorna's character development, not because "hurrrr Wanda is our special little princess right now and she's the only one of them allowed to like her dad, it would take away from her if Lorna did too."
    That's actually what I was saying. I don't think either girl's current relationship with her father should influence the other.

I have to play Devil's Advocate a little here, only to be fair to story possibilities; Carey said there is a lot Magneto needs to make amends for in his recent arc. Magneto naming Lorna as his heir and similar things could be seen as Magneto trying to make up for killing Lorna's mom, whether her death was intentional or accidental.

I'm not advocating using that approach, I'm just pointing out that direction is possible.
    It's a red herring. But it's one that logically needs to be addressed.

Elder Member

He was talking about his failures as a father (he even says my failures as a father have been extreme) Carey was clearly refering to never being there for Lorna when she needed it. As for the direction being possible of course it is, but if they did I am done buying Marvel comics for good. That is no idle threat. Some things there is no coming back from for a character and cold blooded murder of a former girlfriend who has no power to defend herself on a plane is one of those things. It would be the end for any future Lorna/Magneto relationship other then one based on hate and fighting.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Elder Member

An interesting commission a fan had done.

my commission request from the wonderfully talented bonnynotion was for a quick sketch of Lorna and Erik having actual father-daughter bonding time. This is what she sent me today, and it is SO ADORABLE! The details are the best. I love the whimsical snow, how Lorna’s fussing with her hair or her lapel, the genuineness of her smile, how Erik reaches for her hand after letting her take his arm, which is so old school gentleman of him (and I just noticed he has red and purple accessories, just like his Magneto costume!). I am just going to have to stop blabbing at some point, because eeee! This makes me so happy! Go watch her tumblr, and let her know how cool she is!

http://bonnynotion.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    An interesting commission a fan had done.
    ....It's a very good illustration but they look more like a couple than father and daughter....tad creepy. I can't imagine a father and daughter walking around like that. She's even preening herself classic sign of attraction.

Poor Rogue would be so jealous if she saw them like that.

Princess Puffin JeanGreyForever's Avatar

....It's a very good illustration but they look more like a couple than father and daughter....tad creepy. I can't imagine a father and daughter walking around like that. She's even preening herself classic sign of attraction.
    Ditto. Lorna seems a little bit older and closer to Magnus's age than she ought to be. It's still an amazing piece though. It ought to be added to a Polaris gallery.

Daddy went to visit Polaris at her home base at the North Pole.

More Magnus family incest. Typical.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I'd love to see the answer
    Me too! I want to see who his favorite is among the X-Factor ladies. It's not something he should be afraid to reveal since he treats all his characters so well.

Elder Member

I like comic art where its snowing, the Magneto Testament cover with it snowing is one of my favorite covers of all time, there isn't enough fan art out there with it snowing.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-05-2012 at 06:47 PM.