Page 463 of 668 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 10018
    Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Attachment 107696

She's really shot up in the past few hours.
    As has Sage... hmmm.
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    Much of thier time in space was more about Lorna than Alex...as for later on remember this is comics, where the writer that brings them back together could love them together as a couple and write it that they're glad to be together again, changes to any character only matter if the current writer that's writing them wants to acknowledge it...even now Alex is mostly being used as a figurehead, so that Captain America is free to do his work, so that Alex can look stupid while CA smart, Alex tends to get cast as the red headed stepchild of the Summers family, even back when Stryfe kidnapped Scott and Jean that forcefield let Cable in but zapped Alex strongly while letting him through. When I got into comics I fell for the Havok/Polaris pairing not with her as his girlfriend or arm candy, but with Alex trying to form his own identity but finding it hard when absolutely everyone kept comparing him to Scott and things got out of his control. Lorna was his conscience when he needed more than his own, she was his soulding board, he trusted her opinion and wanted her to be happy, and believed that she was special and all that he needed in the world. She served to boost his confidence and give him someone that was on his side through everything, even when she thought that he was wrong, she'd slap him upside the head for his bouts of stupidity but he knew that she only did it because she loved him.

In the end I could easily see Alex get left or kicked out of his team for something that's not his fault, or take the fall for something that he didn't do, to which then Lorna would go to bat for him and one thing would lead to another...

I always wondered why Sinister never went after the two of them like he did with Scott/Jean...Alex and Lorna are two very powerful mutants...

Don't tempt me Siena...I may just have to take you up on that offer...
    Do it!!!

Lorna chose the worst time to stay away from Alex. She should be riding his coattails to stardom. I'd love to see her pay him a visit one of these days, in his title of course.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Do it!!!

Lorna chose the worst time to stay away from Alex. She should be riding his coattails to stardom. I'd love to see her pay him a visit one of these days, in his title of course.
    Did Lorna rise with Alex when Claremont decided to make him an X-Man? No she was a mind controlled jobber villian who spent most of her time in limbo. Lorna doesn't rise with Alex and never will.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-25-2013 at 05:06 PM.

She didn't rise then...however look at it this way, if she and Alex had never been together at all would she be as highly regarded as she is now...I doubt it even though she's a great character, that's not to say she owes him everything in the least...my problem is that Remender seems to just be using Alex as a figurehead...but I was curious why they broke them up as if they had stayed together then Lorna could have appeared in both books and had a relationship with her sister Wanda, now it'd be weird to have her show up in Uncanny Avengers...and PAD does like everything in his book to be self contained...though honestly his entire run could be retconned out of existence the second that he leaves the book and little to nothing would be lost...right now Lorna is losing being in X-Factor...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

I always wondered why Sinister never went after the two of them like he did with Scott/Jean...Alex and Lorna are two very powerful mutants...
    I think it was more about what their two individual DNA matrices would have produced rather than sheer power level. Something about how Scott's mutation would augment the power of whoever it was paired with and Jean...well if the union would have produced god level telepathy and telekinesis it'd be pretty hard to argue with. I think Alex's powers aren't too different from Scott's so perhaps if he'd shacked up with Jean it'd be the same thing, so in theory a child of his and Lorna's would probably be pretty damn powerful too.

That and Sinister has always been rather obsessive.

Well recently we learned that Lorna can use her powers to power Alex up further than normal, and after all of the trouble that Scott/Jean have put Sinister through one would think that he would have at least thought about or tried something with Alex and Lorna...Alex's powers are similar but different than Scotts...after all Alex can control his powers and Scott can't...and remember Sinister does have a history with Alex and Lorna as well.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Didn't Alex's powers (in along with Storm and Scott) also power up Lorna to hurl Krakoa into space?

Not sure but it would be interesting to find out...leaves me to wonder though if in the end when Scott does fall that Alex will be the one to keep him busy and protect everyone given that their powers don't hurt each other...wonder if with Lorna's help Alex could beat Scott...now that would be cool to see...leaves me to wonder about the afterwards and what Lorna would say to Scott after he was defeated...

I think Lorna herself would support Scott's "ideology" as she herself held a similar one even before he did. That being said, her personal dislike for him would probably cloud any chance of her siding with him and she would probably be glad at his defeat.

Elder Member

Didn't Alex's powers (in along with Storm and Scott) also power up Lorna to hurl Krakoa into space?
    I think only Storm powered her up and Scott and Alex blasted Krakoa to help push it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Do it!!!

I just want her to have babies already. Havok, Madrox, Guido, Vulcan..so many possible fathers.

Jamie's married so unless you want him to cheat on Layla...Guido is all kinds of crazy, and Vulcan is dead or far away in space and insane...so only Alex fits that bill...and he's still the guy that she loves once she calms down...

As for who she'd side with...we know though that she knew what Scott's ideaology was before she went into space and such and even then she didn't agree with him, and the fact that she's in X-Factor helping mutant and human alike without a thought would show against Scott's views imho...

As for who she'd side with...we know though that she knew what Scott's ideaology was before she went into space and such and even then she didn't agree with him, and the fact that she's in X-Factor helping mutant and human alike without a thought would show against Scott's views imho...
    Scott's ideology became more like Magneto's after Lorna was shot off into space actually. She wasn't around to really see his change. Honestly, she adopted more opposing views to Xavier's long before Scott or any of the other X-Men did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaris43.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	107743

I think Uncanny X-Men #443 did a great job laying out Polaris' views on mutant issues after her first hand experience in Genosha.
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 01-25-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typo

Elder Member

Scott's ideology became more like Magneto's after Lorna was shot off into space actually. She wasn't around to really see his change. Honestly, she adopted more opposing views to Xavier's long before Scott or any of the other X-Men did.

I think Uncanny X-Men #443 did a great job laying out Polaris' views on mutant issues after her first hand experience in Genosha.
    Yes, it really did. The beginning of the change in Scott only started to be seen in House of M when he went along with Wolverine and Emma's plan of killing Magneto and his children including Lorna no questions asked. But, it didn't really start becoming clear Scott had changed until 2007/2008 when Lorna was already in space.

Lorna's mutants rights views were certainly quite important to her character last decade and while they don't matter currently. When Lorna is on an x-title again I hope they aren't regressed back to the Claremont era for her.

Anyway Havok is appearing in the Avengers facebook game so it seems.

https://www.facebook.com/avengersall.../photos_stream

Lorna.... not really as yet.

Elder Member

Well recently we learned that Lorna can use her powers to power Alex up further than normal
    When was that?