Page 456 of 668 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 10018

Those designs are so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Are we talking costumes again?
    I vote this one as usual:

It's missed by majority of fans*.

*based on actual stats
    Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post

Polaris is Hawt in anything she wears.
    I love both of these costumes, especially the second one.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    It was certainly a very stupid line that damaged hopes of some reconciliation, given the revelation itself I don't see their relationship ever being as cordial and harmonious as it as during Five Miles. :(

It depends how much future writers will be willing to let Lorna forgive- and how apologetic Magneto is, to salvage the relationship. And how soon to.
    Magneto should not be apologetic for leaving her with the Danes given at that point in his life he was an old man in his 60s and had many enemies so would be the last person to take care of and raise a child. His decision was correct and I don't buy in the least wiping the memory of the event caused her mental problems over the years and neither do Magneto fans in general. Having Magneto apologetic for that will just make Magneto fans even more angry at Lorna and their relationship in general.

What they should have him be somewhat apologetic for is not telling her he is his father earlier say her first X-Factor run and that he only went to her when his back was totally against the wall on Genosha. That he wanted her to have an ordinary life, but should have been there for her earlier when it was clear she couldn't live a normal life the way she wanted. The rest of the stuff about the mindwipe making her crazy all her life and leaving her with the Danes IMHO would be best ignored at their next meeting which could be another 10 years from now.

When even Blanchett was unhappy about how negative she was you can imagine how my friends in Magneto fandom (which is quite vast) think about it. They are to be honest very angry at Lorna and many of them have stopped talking about her or writing about her period. X-Factor 245 hurt alot and there were legions of online fans out there that were interested in Lorna and cared about her that suddenly are not.

On a scale of 1 being almost nothing to 10 being completely regarding how much it angered and turned off many of my friends who like Magneto to Lorna I would give it an 8.5. Its enough so where it might be fixable, but the longer it goes on with that being her last word on him lets just say the harder the mindset will become and the harder it will be to turn around.

Lorna deciding to help Magneto somewhat like their first Genosha storyline for whatever reason would be one way to possibily help start to reverse the damage. But, to be honest I am not sure it can be reversed. She was just too hateful towards him in that scene and that will be the last we hear from her about her father for a very long time. That will be solidified as her view on him in fans minds and its really made Magneto fans who have read it unhappy if not outright angry at the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.

I kinda disagree with Polaris being as popular as some Academy X student. (Sans Pixie of course) The simple fact is she hasn't been around and the new readers aren't familiar with the character yet. I'm sure people read the X-jammers so I'd say shes popular, just not seen enough to really talk about her. If you're not reading X-factor, then you're just not in the know since thats her only character appearance.

Its a damn shame that Remender didn't get her when he wanted her and Havok when they both appeared on that awesome X-force poster. I would've killed for a Betsy/Lorna relationship. She did get a little support in AvX and one of the Avenger tie-ins. And I really can't rule out that being connected to Havok could finally prove beneficial for once in her case since he'll be a big star by the time remender gets done with him, which makes Polaris a character to watch for.

Still, I think we should be happy that PAD has her right now. I mean honestly she could be stuck in limbo right now so PAD using her in what seems like a leadership role (considering how she told the team how to attack) is pretty exciting. So much so that I 'm hoping for an X-factor/Uncanny Avenger crossover if things get to out of hand with this devil world business.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I kinda disagree with Polaris being as popular as some Academy X student. (Sans Pixie of course) The simple fact is she hasn't been around and the new readers aren't familiar with the character yet. I'm sure people read the X-jammers so I'd say shes popular, just not seen enough to really talk about her. If you're not reading X-factor, then you're just not in the know since thats her only character appearance.

Its a damn shame that Remender didn't get her when he wanted her and Havok when they both appeared on that awesome X-force poster. I would've killed for a Betsy/Lorna relationship. She did get a little support in AvX and one of the Avenger tie-ins. And I really can't rule out that being connected to Havok could finally prove beneficial for once in her case since he'll be a big star by the time remender gets done with him, which makes Polaris a character to watch for.

Still, I think we should be happy that PAD has her right now. I mean honestly she could be stuck in limbo right now so PAD using her in what seems like a leadership role (considering how she told the team how to attack) is pretty exciting. So much so that I 'm hoping for an X-factor/Uncanny Avenger crossover if things get to out of hand with this devil world business.
    Her relationship with Havok is not proving and it will not prove beneficial to her as they ended it the second he went A list. Their relationship goes only one way. When he is rising as a character they kill their relationship. When she is rising they don't and let him rise with her. Lorna never rises along with Havok she only falls with him. So if they want to stick him in space for a half decade they stick her in space too.

Oh and the X-Jammers was terrible for Lorna. Sure it had a few good scenes for her, but the damage it did to her status has proven unfixable. Before Marvel sent her off into space people were starting to think of her as an x-woman in good standing, it killed that and all her connections to anyone outside of X-Factor have been cut as of last Summer/Fall.

Think about that she is a character from 1968 and all her major connections to other X-Men have been cut off from her. X-Factor 245 pretty much ruined her connection to Magneto in the eyes of many of my friends that are Magneto fans. Not all of them mind you, but to say it did significant damage would certainly be true at a level I wasn't even aware of at the time.

I am all for Lorna having a good story on X-Factor, but I am watching her in real time lose fans not gain fans. That is the problem we were discussing. That is why contacting the makers of the Marvel Lego game at the link TGU provided is important. Lorna needs to be seen in other things to stop the bleeding of fans. Here is the link below again to send a message to them.

http://www.ttgames.com/contact/
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    It would be really cool for Polaris and a bunch of other x-females to appear in a battle against Wood's main cast and give them a good fight even if they ultimately lose to the main cast.
    I'd rather see Polaris guest star if they had an epic battle where they happen to need even more heavy hitters then they already have. It's always nice to be needed.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm fine with Polaris' developments being handled by PAD over in X-Factor (so long as good developments of course). I would also like to see her get more exposure in other books as well. The other writers can use her without interfering with those developments.

Though in X-Factor she'll always play second fiddle to Jamie, and then Layla as well and she's now so far out of the loop that whatever PAD does for her could just be swept under the rug by any future writer because it affected no one but her...and I disagree as I love Alex and Lorna together, it's not their fault how writers write them, as I know that they'll be back together someday down the line. W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha Alex/Lorna I"ll go now.....................

P.S.-And good developments are in the eye of the beholder...aren't they...

More Polaris fans are always welcome here!
    I really would like to enjoy Alex and Lorna together more but I seem to enjoy them together more when they aren't actually together. Of course some writer can come along and fix that, but for now I'd like to see her get somemore independence.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    Though in X-Factor she'll always play second fiddle to Jamie, and then Layla as well and she's now so far out of the loop that whatever PAD does for her could just be swept under the rug by any future writer because it affected no one but her...and I disagree as I love Alex and Lorna together, it's not their fault how writers write them, as I know that they'll be back together someday down the line. W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha Alex/Lorna I"ll go now.....................

They always are and yes Jamie and Layla are the male and female leads. But, who knows what will become of things after Hell on Earth War.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I love both of these costumes, especially the second one.
    The new X-Factor design is really growing on me. Welcome to the Polaris thread btw!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    More Polaris fans are always welcome here!
    I really would like to enjoy Alex and Lorna together more but I seem to enjoy them together more when they aren't actually together. Of course some writer can come along and fix that, but for now I'd like to see her get somemore independence.
    When writers aren't pouring angst and all onto Alex he's actually pretty cool and very different than Scott and supports Lorna, PAD just put Alex back to his old ways and Lorna back to her having issues to break them up, it was that they had to break up really, but when left alone they go together incredibly well and make each other better, and I doubt that they'll be anywhere near each other until Remender or PAD leave thier book...W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha Alex/Lorna I'll go now........................................

P.S.-I became an Alex/Lorna fan from my first few issues of X-Factor, to me they acted like a real couple where neither had sway over the other, Alex was leader but not in the way that he believed himself to be always right, he listened if Lorna had a complaint and she supported him, they could disagree strongly on something without it compromising thier relationship, like when Rhane was connected to him via that spell or whatever. Alex could joke at himself if he did something stupid, and both have shown on more than one occasion that they could walk completely away from the X-world as long as they had each other, walk away and be perfectly happy...

Yes, they certainly are. BTW, welcome to the thread!

I did pick up X-Factor 250 and while I have been extremely critical of Polaris in this title, I have to admit I enjoyed X-Factor a lot and urge you all to get it if you haven't done so already.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

It's good to be welcomed, I have to admit that I'm a stickler for my X-Couples...I really haven't changed...I've loved Alex/Lorna since before the whole Haven Saga where Random tried to kill Lorna for starters, many have suggested that they'd rather see Lorna in Wood's new all ladies X-book, which is oddly almost identical to Uncanny X-Force, in the place of Betsy, Storm, or Rogue...I'd throw Siryn into that mix as well but I'm not the writer...W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now...........................

P.S.-Lorna being in the book imho is PAD's way of giving Jamie some validity, saying as if Lorna believes that Jamie is a good leader then so should we...rather than it just being that PAD is a HUGE Jamie fan...which I am anything but....

When writers aren't pouring angst and all onto Alex he's actually pretty cool and very different than Scott and supports Lorna, PAD just put Alex back to his old ways and Lorna back to her having issues to break them up, it was that they had to break up really, but when left alone they go together incredibly well and make each other better, and I doubt that they'll be anywhere near each other until Remender or PAD leave thier book...W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha Alex/Lorna I'll go now........................................

P.S.-I became an Alex/Lorna fan from my first few issues of X-Factor, to me they acted like a real couple where neither had sway over the other, Alex was leader but not in the way that he believed himself to be always right, he listened if Lorna had a complaint and she supported him, they could disagree strongly on something without it compromising thier relationship, like when Rhane was connected to him via that spell or whatever. Alex could joke at himself if he did something stupid, and both have shown on more than one occasion that they could walk completely away from the X-world as long as they had each other, walk away and be perfectly happy...
    Oddly enough, I like Havok when he's not "together" with Lorna. I thought his best showing in Mutant X when he didn't have someone like Scott to "hold him back" per se. I'm hoping that Uncanny Avengers will give Alex some good developments but I have my doubts because of who's on the roster.

I could honestly ship Lorna with a lot of people, but that's why I'm not the writer. The books would read like a lyric booklet from a Taylor Swift album.

Elder Member

Welcome to the Polaris Thread LoganAlpha.

Lorna and Havok work best together as a couple IMO when writers don't think of them as a couple, but as characters in their own right with their own seperate strengths and weaknesses.