Page 445 of 668 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 10018
    Elder Member

X-Factor 249 is out.

The unofficial/sort of official start to Hell on Earth War was this issue and it was a good issue. Lorna's characterization for the most part followed her depiction in X-Factor 237, 241 and 243 which was a quite good thing and she got a decent amount of dialogue. Her outfit also has been starting to grow on me (blue-purple is a better color scheme then the one we first saw on the cover). She also said her first Jewish phrase that I recall off the top of my head. Though, I still doubt she is actually openly a member of any organized religion.

Is it worth it to pick up? I thought so.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-19-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

What did people think of Lorna's role in X-Factor #249?

It was alright, PAD is certainly trying to appeal to Lorna fans. She largely took a leading position, kicked ass and gave a self-righteous M a good talking too. It was a very good issue for her, regardless of what one may think of the writing and more general issues on the whole. Quite pleased.
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    X-Factor 249 is out.

The unofficial/sort of official start to Hell on Earth War was this issue and it was a good issue. Lorna's characterization for the most part followed her depiction in X-Factor 237/241/243 which was a quite good thing and she got a decent amount of dialogue. Her outfit also has been starting to grow on me. She also said her first Jewish phrase that I recall off the top of my head. Though, I still certainly doubt she is actually openly a member of any organized religion.

Worth it to pick up? I thought so.
    I think this could be a jokey reference to some off-panel conversation about her heritage, with the issue around Magneto bought to light. That's what you think right?

I'm still not totally sold on the costume, but I can't quite put my finger on what aspect of it could be improved. It's fine though, not too much of a big issue at the moment.
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

X-Factor 249 is out.

The unofficial/sort of official start to Hell on Earth War was this issue and it was a good issue. Lorna's characterization for the most part followed her depiction in X-Factor 237/241/243 which was a quite good thing and she got a decent amount of dialogue. Her outfit also has been starting to grow on me. She also said her first Jewish phrase that I recall off the top of my head. Though, I still certainly doubt she is actually openly a member of any organized religion.

Worth it to pick up? I thought so.
    I think this could be a jokey reference to some off-panel conversation about her heritage, with the issue around Magneto bought to light. That's what you think right?

I'm still not totally sold on the costume, but I can't quite put my finger on what aspect of it could be improved. It's fine though, not too much of a big issue at the moment.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Perhaps... or perhaps not. It's a phrase that has been growing in popularity in the states.

I am not entirely sure what could be improved either. Perhaps a slightly deeper shade of purple? But, yes her characterization and the story are the bigger issues for the near future. Anyway, this storyline is supposed to lead to somekind of crossovers onto X-Factor or as PAD said at NYCC 'the rest of the Marvel universe will be gunning for them'.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I haven't picked up the issue yet, but it's good to hear she got a good bit of panel time.

Perhaps... or perhaps not. It's a phrase that has been growing in popularity in the states.

I am not entirely sure what could be improved either. Perhaps a slightly deeper shade of purple? But, yes her characterization and the story are the bigger issues for the near future. Anyway, this storyline is supposed to lead to somekind of crossovers onto X-Factor or as PAD said at NYCC 'the rest of the Marvel universe will be gunning for them'.
    That insecurity will be the last thing Lorna would want, especially after her time in space. But I think that sort of situation would be one Lorna would otherwise flourish in in terms of resourcefulness, alongside Layla and probably much of X-Factor... All of already been and survived situations in which they're a target of the rest of the world and need to defend themselves.

Elder Member

This forum is pretty much dead. I understand the strong anger of those who feel Lorna is cut off from her family and mutant issues and is her own seperate world from the rest of the Marvel universe and that Havok is getting the kind of love from Marvel that Lorna never seems to recieve. But, the situation is not as hopeless as it appears. If the whole Marvel universe is gunning for X-Factor post HoEW then its stands to reason that the Uncanny Avengers might be one of the groups. Now we know politically reasons why it might not happen, but given the continued fan interest in Wanda and Lorna having somekind of interaction and the fact that Havok is part of Uncanny Avengers the potental is certainly there. I certainly think the editors and writers are aware of the potental as well as that there is tons of interest and certainly have thought of the possibility well before anything I wrote.

Oh, and legally speaking as a former student of law the statement above is not an idea which I own Marvel. Its something that I am not only certain you already thought about, but also the connections are already there and self-evident and I did no more then remind fans here of them.

Anyway speaking of which even though its been close to 9 years now since Lorna and Wanda interacted in the 616 and back then it wasn't much. Interest in their potental for having somekind of relationship certainly continues in no small part I suspect because Marvel sister/sister relationships are fairly rare and they are highest profile sisters of the Marvel universe with strong and in many cases opposing views and they are both massively powerful.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...laris#/d5ohjva
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-23-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Didn't pick up the latest issue of X-Factor, because I didn't see a whole lot of Lorna in it. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the rest of the team. That said, I found it very difficult to get throught Uncanny Avengers #2. I know it's considered a hot property at the moment, but it's not getting as warm a reception as most people expected.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Didn't pick up the latest issue of X-Factor, because I didn't see a whole lot of Lorna in it. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the rest of the team. That said, I found it very difficult to get throught Uncanny Avengers #2. I know it's considered a hot property at the moment, but it's not getting as warm a reception as most people expected.
    There was some Lorna in it and she had a few decient scenes.

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas everyone :D

Looking forward to what 2013 brings us, especially with the Extinction Team and the HoEW and its consequences for Lorna. I hope it will be more settled than 2012... well until the 50th anniversary at least :o The Original X-Men will hopefully return to their timeline after that.

It's still early days for Uncanny Avengers... perhaps we shouldn't rush to judge how critically acclaimed it will be...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    It's still early days for Uncanny Avengers... perhaps we shouldn't rush to judge how critically acclaimed it will be...
    Its certainly far too early to judge how critically acclaimed Uncanny Avengers will be.

Anyway, Polaris sketch card.

Its certainly far too early to judge how critically acclaimed Uncanny Avengers will be.
    But it's not too early to hope

Nice sketchcard, even if her boobs look disproportionately big!

I haven't thought about how 70s Lorna's hair looked with that costume. I guess the long, flowing locks of the 60s could be considered a bit hippie??
    Last edited by Mitteloss; 12-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.

I hope to find some time to produce some Lorna Dane art for this thread. I may just have to scan an illo I did several years ago -- until I find time to create a new one.

As Christmas comes to a close, I'm reminded of one of my favorite comic book-related Christmas gifts. I believe it was December 1977 -- and I had ordered some backstock from Discount Comics for my grandparents to give me on Xmas day. The package consisted of mostly X-Men related comics including X-Men 92 which turned out to be a reprint of an earlier issue with Red Raven -- not too bad. X-Men 66 with some great Sal Buscema/Sam Grainger art -- and a bit of Lorna, Alex and Bobby. This was a Hulk issue, and I was looking forward to seeing Lorna and Alex go up against old jade jaws, but it wouldn't be until a Hulk Marvel Treasury reprinting Incredible Hulk 150 that the H&P would meet the Hulk. The highlight of that package, though, was Uncanny X-Men 97. I was really anticipating this issue -- especially after reading comments about it in X-Men 98 (a book I found at a roadstop gas station down south on the way with the family to Florida). It was everything I had hoped for and more. I was surprised to see Lorna's new outfit colored purple --as the glimpses of it in X-Men 104 and 105 showed it to be emerald green (the same color used when she and Havok made some cameos/guest appearances in the Defenders for a Day storyline in The Defenders -- natch!).

Even though Lorna inexplicably got bested by Storm, she still had a great showing -- albeit for being mentally manipulated by Erik the Red. Those were heady days. Just loved the Claremont/Cockrum run on X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hope to find some time to produce some Lorna Dane art for this thread. I may just have to scan an illo I did several years ago -- until I find time to create a new one.

As Christmas comes to a close, I'm reminded of one of my favorite comic book-related Christmas gifts. I believe it was December 1977 -- and I had ordered some backstock from Discount Comics for my grandparents to give me on Xmas day. The package consisted of mostly X-Men related comics including X-Men 92 which turned out to be a reprint of an earlier issue with Red Raven -- not too bad. X-Men 66 with some great Sal Buscema/Sam Grainger art -- and a bit of Lorna, Alex and Bobby. This was a Hulk issue, and I was looking forward to seeing Lorna and Alex go up against old jade jaws, but it wouldn't be until a Hulk Marvel Treasury reprinting Incredible Hulk 150 that the H&P would meet the Hulk. The highlight of that package, though, was Uncanny X-Men 97. I was really anticipating this issue -- especially after reading comments about it in X-Men 98 (a book I found at a roadstop gas station down south on the way with the family to Florida). It was everything I had hoped for and more. I was surprised to see Lorna's new outfit colored purple --as the glimpses of it in X-Men 104 and 105 showed it to be emerald green (the same color used when she and Havok made some cameos/guest appearances in the Defenders for a Day storyline in The Defenders -- natch!).

Even though Lorna inexplicably got bested by Storm, she still had a great showing -- albeit for being mentally manipulated by Erik the Red. Those were heady days. Just loved the Claremont/Cockrum run on X-men.
    That's a nice recall kcekada. :)