Page 441 of 668 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 10018
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Polaris would have been better off if she wasn't part of PAD's X-Factor in 1991. Then the false notion of PAD being her creator and owning her and being the only writer capable of writing her properly would not exist.
    WTFrakk? Who in the Goddess' name perpetrated that gross falsehood?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Retired

Polaris would have been better off if she wasn't part of PAD's X-Factor in 1991. Then the false notion of PAD being her creator and owning her and being the only writer capable of writing her properly would not exist.
    You do realise that Polaris was headed to X-Factor regardless of PAD. She was going to retain her strength and size manipulation powers over her magnetism too. Without him, you'd have had this to deal with.

PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    You do realise that Polaris was headed to X-Factor regardless of PAD. She was going to retain her strength and size manipulation powers over her magnetism too. Without him, you'd have had this to deal with.
    Your wasting your time AČ. It's time to......
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Retired

Okay, but I'm taking you and Vexx with me.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

This. Any other writer could have restored her magnetic powers. Polaris was cemented as a peripheral character because of the success of PADs X-Factor during the height of the X-Men franchise popularity. She will always be remembered for X-Factor like a curse that can never be lifted. She will serve out her tenure as the most valuable Madrox prop PAD could keep his grubby hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Your wasting your time AČ. It's time to......
    Fare thee well, PAD Kool Aid Crew. We look forward to your return. Everytime.

Lorna Lehnsherr

I've yet to see someone think PAD created her. And I've yet to see anyone say PAD is the only person capable of writing her. Who are you? Read a book.
    *Sigh of relief* Just checked, and yep... Polaris is still Magneto's daughter. Dodged another bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    This. Any other writer could have restored her magnetic powers. Polaris was cemented as a peripheral character because of the success of PADs X-Factor during the height of the X-Men franchise popularity. She will always be remembered for X-Factor like a curse that can never be lifted. She will serve out her tenure as the most valuable Madrox prop PAD could keep his grubby hands on.
    Amen and amen. X-Factor is Madrox and Layla's title. Everyone else is just a prop. Being a prop to the most irrelevant characters is going to do Lorna wonders.
    Last edited by Siena Blaze; 12-04-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

Amen and amen. X-Factor is Madrox and Layla's title. Everyone else is just a prop. Being a prop to the most irrelevant characters is going to do Lorna wonders.
    Stop it this instant! I'm getting you a special Christmas gift...some PAD-colored glasses and a lifetime supply of the PAD Kool Aid in order to restore your rationality and help you remember that PAD is God's gift to Polaris and all women. Just ask Madrox. He'll confirm PAD is the gift that keeps on giving.

I honestly don't understand the PAD resentment from Polaris fans. It's as ridiculous as a Storm fan hating on Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Okay, but I'm taking you and Vexx with me.
    I'm already in the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I've yet to see someone think PAD created her. And I've yet to see anyone say PAD is the only person capable of writing her. Who are you? Read a book.
    Siena tends to be playfully exaggerated in posts. Emphasis on the 'playfully' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    I honestly don't understand the PAD resentment from Polaris fans. It's as ridiculous as a Storm fan hating on Claremont.
    Uhh... that post kind of implies that what Siena was playfully poking fun at is, while not as severe, to an extent accurate. Saying Peter David is to Polaris what Claremont was to Storm is pretty much saying "Peter David is the only person capable of writing her," that his ideas of who Lorna is are the only ones that count and fans of the character can't think differently.

And I'm not getting into an argument about this, nor am I trying to say anything bad about anyone (disclaimer because I know some people here like to twist everything I say into the worst possible interpretation), but what stands out to me in that comparison is what came afterward. By the time Claremont was done using Storm, she had been elevated to such a pivotal and well-known name in the X-Men franchise and the Marvel universe that she got to be just about everywhere and have a ton of fleshed out developments to her name, even her own book at one point. By the time Peter David was done using Polaris, on the other hand... while she was in a better position than before he used her, she was still unknown to anyone outside comic book fandom. Polaris didn't get her own book, or play any kind of role, even a tiny bit part, in any movies or video games. She wasn't even in X-Men: Evolution. I'm absolutely NOT saying that Peter David did "nothing" for her, but I don't think we can say that what he's done with Polaris is equal to what Claremont did for Storm.

I'm sure the comparison fits with certain aspects of how the two writers used each character, but not all aspects, and saying that they're equals would require all aspects to match. I'm merely pointing out objective observations as I see them, which is probably still a bad idea because I've noticed that it's almost impossible to try to be objectively observational without at least one person thinking I've done the comic book equivalent of insulting their mother if I dare to question a single thing.
    X-Poster of July 24th, 2013, 6:09:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Siena tends to be playfully exaggerated in posts. Emphasis on the 'playfully' part.

Uhh... that post kind of implies that what Siena was playfully poking fun at is, while not as severe, to an extent accurate. Saying Peter David is to Polaris what Claremont was to Storm is pretty much saying "Peter David is the only person capable of writing her," that his ideas of who Lorna is are the only ones that count and fans of the character can't think differently.

And I'm not getting into an argument about this, nor am I trying to say anything bad about anyone (disclaimer because I know some people here like to twist everything I say into the worst possible interpretation), but what stands out to me in that comparison is what came afterward. By the time Claremont was done using Storm, she had been elevated to such a pivotal and well-known name in the X-Men franchise and the Marvel universe that she got to be just about everywhere and have a ton of fleshed out developments to her name, even her own book at one point. By the time Peter David was done using Polaris, on the other hand... while she was in a better position than before he used her, she was still unknown to anyone outside comic book fandom. Polaris didn't get her own book, or play any kind of role, even a tiny bit part, in any movies or video games. She wasn't even in X-Men: Evolution. I'm absolutely NOT saying that Peter David did "nothing" for her, but I don't think we can say that what he's done with Polaris is equal to what Claremont did for Storm.

I'm sure the comparison fits with certain aspects of how the two writers used each character, but not all aspects, and saying that they're equals would require all aspects to match. I'm merely pointing out objective observations as I see them, which is probably still a bad idea because I've noticed that it's almost impossible to try to be objectively observational without at least one person thinking I've done the comic book equivalent of insulting their mother if I dare to question a single thing.
    I'm merely pointing out that Peter David has spent a long time with Polaris (longer than any other Marvel writer).

Whether or not fans enjoy what he did with her is completely irrelevant. No one associates her conception with David, but no one can argue that he invested a great deal of time with the character.

Holding resentment that she was placed on a regular book and handled by a good writer (as opposed to nothing) is just silly.
    Last edited by Vexx; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

And let us be honest...Even if Madrox and Layla are the "stars" of X-Factor, at least Polaris gets dialogue, panel time and relevance...much more so than if she was in any of the other "main" X-Titles currently, where she would be even less than "wall paper".
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Lorna Lehnsherr

I don't think anyone would argue that Lorna "needs" to be with PAD. But I will argue that Lorna needs to be with a writer that cares about her.

To say Lorna would've been better off never having gone to X-Factor in 1991 is... ludicrous, in my opinion. Prior to that, she wasn't part of any cast. She was shuffled off on Muir Island, before that she was seen in the Savage land getting power-raped by her "sister, prior to that she was Malice, etc etc etc. She wasn't a main character or part of any core cast since the 70's. X-Factor brought her back. And after it ended, she spent a few years out of the spotlight before finally making a big return as a core cast in Uncanny in.. 2002(?) I mean, Claremont wrote Uncanny from 1975 until 1991. Lorna was very much NOT a featured character on any title from, specifically, 1975 until 1991. I just don't see how PAD gets even an ounce of resentment, when Lorna had pretty much zero development for the better part of 16 years prior to 1991 X-Factor.

My only real resentment about how Lorna was handled is toward Claremont, honestly.
    *Sigh of relief* Just checked, and yep... Polaris is still Magneto's daughter. Dodged another bullet.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    And let us be honest...Even if Madrox and Layla are the "stars" of X-Factor, at least Polaris gets dialogue, panel time and relevance...much more so than if she was in any of the other "main" X-Titles currently, where she would be even less than "wall paper".
    That's debateable, if a writer likes a character and wants to use them, they'll get panel time. Whether or not any other writer wants to use Lorna is unknown, but considering she was fighting along side the X-Men in AvX it's pretty clear that it's more than just PAD who at least thinks about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    I'm merely pointing out that Peter David has spent a long time with Polaris (longer than any other Marvel writer).

Whether or not fans enjoy what he did with her is completely irrelevant. No one associates her conception with David, but no one can argue that he invested a great deal of time with the character.

Holding resentment that she was placed on a regular book and handled by a good writer (as opposed to nothing) is just silly.
    PAD only had her for about 2-3 years, then J.M. DeMatteis took over. He wrote her about as long as Chuck Austen (who I thought did great things with the character).