Page 440 of 668 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 10018
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

It's from her concept art in XML2.
    There is are mods for the PC versions of that game and MUA that make her playable.

Lorna Lehnsherr

Ah, gotcha. I figured, but wasn't sure. As a Mac user, it's rare I get the opportunity to play comp games... -_-

I would so love to play Lorna one day...
    *Sigh of relief* Just checked, and yep... Polaris is still Magneto's daughter. Dodged another bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I would so love to play Lorna one day...
    Lorna always gets the short end of the stick for video games. If we ever get another X-Men game we can hopefully she'll at least be included in some DLC expansion.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Lorna certainly doesn't get much love from outside media and it sucks. I always try to lobby support for her when and wherever I can, but it's unsuccessful.
    Yes, at least with hard core x-fans she is viewed as a legacy character and a B lister. When it comes to outside hard core x-fans, she tends to be viewed as the ultimate non-character. Her hopes of taking off in the comics were dashed with her being sent off into space and Disney ax WATXM was another big dashing of hopes. Every time Lorna had a opening to get better known by the masses its fallen through.

The whole thing is quite depressing.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

i'd still love to see her in a fighting game

like for real next time someone thinks of making an x-men game (whaddup capcom) tell me and I"ll file letters like CRAAAZY
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Elder Member

Lorna always gets the short end of the stick for video games. If we ever get another X-Men game we can hopefully she'll at least be included in some DLC expansion.
    The usual excuse of game makers is that she is a Magneto clone, but then even in games where he isn't playable she isn't there... so it goes deeper into the realm of they think other then a few online crazies nobody knows or gives a damn about her.

I am happy there are those who continue to fight for Lorna to get into a game and it may happen some day. But, I fought for her to be in four games and these were times where she was much higher profile then she is now and each time it was a total bust as they didn't even have her be a decient NPC.

Breaking the myth that fans outside a few hard core online fans don't give a damn about her is vital to getting her into a game and getting her more respect across the board.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-02-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The usual excuse of game makers is that she is a Magneto clone, but then even in games where he isn't playable she isn't there... so it goes deeper into the realm of they think other then a few online crazies nobody knows or gives a damn about her.
    and the clone thing is bs too

I mean all kinds of games have them

hell, king of fighters has like nearly TEN characters based off one dude (kyo)

so two magnetically powered people shouldn't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

I am happy there are those who continue to fight for Lorna to get into a game and it may happen some day. But, I fought for her to be in four games and these were times where she was much higher profile then she is now and each time it was a total bust as they didn't even have her be a decient NPC.

Breaking the myth that fans outside a few hard core online fans don't give a damn about her is vital to getting her into a game and getting her more respect across the board.
    I remember getting a lot of online support for Lorna back in MUA2, but of course she couldn't get an NPC role (which was really what I was aiming for) among all the D-Listers in that game. I mean, they even included Havok ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    and the clone thing is bs too

I mean all kinds of games have them

hell, king of fighters has like nearly TEN characters based off one dude (kyo)

so two magnetically powered people shouldn't be a problem
    Not to mention MvC3 had Wolverine and X-23, and Hulk and She-Hulk and all four characters were just fine. I mean most superhero games have 2-3 super strong people that just punch things and no one seems to make a fuss.

Elder Member

Not to mention MvC3 had Wolverine and X-23, and Hulk and She-Hulk and all four characters were just fine. I mean most superhero games have 2-3 super strong people that just punch things and no one seems to make a fuss.
    Breaking down the mindset left over from Claremont's first run that Lorna is the ultimate nothing character is the biggest problem. It would be easier if she died off in 1975 and just reappeared in 1991, but the problem is so many people in their mid to late 30s and onword who are casual x-fans who are making these games have a view on her stuck in the Claremont era as her being a worthless bad character.

That is the main reason IMHO she gets no respect in games even back in 2005 when she was getting respect in the comics.

While Claremont didn't do much to propel Lorna, he did amp up her power levels. Roy Thomas often went back to the same well with storylines that depowered super heroines -- and he was kinda doing that in his run on X-Men with Lorna. In GS X-Men #1, Lorna saves the day. Then, in X-Men 97, she's shown flying for the first time. We all know that she had to lose to Storm to show that the new X-Men were superior to the old X-Men, but at least the sneakly Lorna X-Sentinel got in a good shot at Ororo in X-Men 100.

I don't know why having the same powers as a prominent character is such a big deal. Isn't that what X-23 is?

Marvel allows X-23 to be Wolverine's equal so she gets to look cool. Lorna always gets knocked down so other characters look good so it makes her look lame. That's basically the root of the difference. There wouldn't be an issue with Lorna having the same powers as Magneto if she got too kick any random important characters ass. That's what it boils down to with videogames lol

I remember getting a lot of online support for Lorna back in MUA2, but of course she couldn't get an NPC role (which was really what I was aiming for) among all the D-Listers in that game. I mean, they even included Havok ffs!

exactly! so anyone tripping that Lorna would be redundant clearly hasn't played ANY x-men fighting game
    esp next dimension or mutant academy

Elder Member

Marvel allows X-23 to be Wolverine's equal so she gets to look cool. Lorna always gets knocked down so other characters look good so it makes her look lame. That's basically the root of the difference. There wouldn't be an issue with Lorna having the same powers as Magneto if she got too kick any random important characters ass. That's what it boils down to with videogames lol
    That pretty much sums it up, power feats mean nothing to battle board people like those who makes game look to what A list characters she has beaten and hell Lorna has gotten her ass kicked twice by even Sabertooth someone she should be able to kill with a thought. And, humilated by Rogue and Storm in ways I just laugh at as if the writers decided to come up with the lease plausable way for Storm and Rogue to win against Lorna and went with it. To say she was depicted sans one or two comics as either mind controlled, wallpaper or the ultimate wimp in the 70s and 80s would be a massive understatement and it will always haunt her.

I love CC as a writer and he did amazing things with the X-Men, but Lorna wasn't just one of the back of the bus during the 70s and 80s, she was being dragged behind the bus with her face on the asphalt with a 12 foot chain tied around her neck.

I met Clarmont in person and talked to him and and like him alot, but truth be told he would have done far less damage to Lorna just killing her off in 1975. I had some hopes last decade she would rise above it, but no it doesn't look like she ever will. I don't say that emotionally I just say it is my clear opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-04-2012 at 01:59 AM.

At least she got to ride on top of Iceman while she was being dragged behind the bus.

Seriously though, I feel like she a good showing with that rag-tag group in Murderworld but other than that she probably would've been better off dead until 1991 or at least in limbo trying to live a "normal life" until the government recruits her for "X-Factor".

Polaris would have been better off if she wasn't part of PAD's X-Factor in 1991. Then the false notion of PAD being her creator and owning her and being the only writer capable of writing her properly would not exist.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters