Page 434 of 668 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 10018
  1. #6496
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Is Lorna stronger than Magnus? I thought she should be ever since her powers are now celestial origins thanks to apacolypse
    Technically she's still considered a mutant, the celestial technology just seems to have amped up what was already there. That being said, she should be his equal in terms of power since they both use the same source. Lorna would seem a lot more powerful if she was evil considering what Zaladane was able to do with her powers.

  2. #6497
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Thanks for sharing those sketches Justin. Would be nice to see the options he didn't go with if he ever decides to upload them. I like how she looks without the coat and gloves as well. Hopefully that version crops up from time to time. The costume's growing on me, but I'd still prefer if the headdress were put away to allow her hair to breathe once more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    I actually get really irritated when I read some fans responses to the current depiction of Polaris. She hadn't been written for a while, so I think it lead a lot of fans to constantly re-read over old comics or fantasise about how Polaris would be written when she returned. PAD was given her a year ago and some fans still can't seem to accept what he's doing with her. I think some fans are in such a stasis: either they can't seem to move on from old issues or others (I've noticed a certain poster on here) have created a fantasy Polaris and they refuse to accept what is being produced/is on offer.

    Honestly, if you are a fan? Read X-Factor. If you don't like it? That's great! But if you are supportive of the character, giving X-Factor an extra reader can only be a good thing for Polaris in the long run.
    You, I like.
    Last edited by .A; 11-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

  3. #6498
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Scarlet View Post
    I like how they simplified the tiara. It always seemed to be changing.
    Lorna has a whole closet full of headgear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    I actually get really irritated when I read some fans responses to the current depiction of Polaris. She hadn't been written for a while, so I think it lead a lot of fans to constantly re-read over old comics or fantasise about how Polaris would be written when she returned. PAD was given her a year ago and some fans still can't seem to accept what he's doing with her. I think some fans are in such a stasis: either they can't seem to move on from old issues or others (I've noticed a certain poster on here) have created a fantasy Polaris and they refuse to accept what is being produced/is on offer.

    Honestly, if you are a fan? Read X-Factor. If you don't like it? That's great! But if you are supportive of the character, giving X-Factor an extra reader can only be a good thing for Polaris in the long run.
    It's not really unheard of for a fan to be upset over a one portrayal of a character or another. Different writers for the same character leads to different sets of fans and just because one set of fans enjoys a current portrayal of the character doesn't mean the entire fanbase does. For example many fans haven't been too keen on the direction Wolverine's character has been taken recently, but they still read the book and are entitled to comment on how they would to see things done rather than the way they are.

  4. #6499
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Technically she's still considered a mutant, the celestial technology just seems to have amped up what was already there. That being said, she should be his equal in terms of power since they both use the same source. Lorna would seem a lot more powerful if she was evil considering what Zaladane was able to do with her powers.
    Well she is a mutant, I just thought with the adding of the celestial power like warren should make her a lot more powerful like in WOK are at least in the beginning Rise and Fall of Shi Ar

  5. #6500
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Well she is a mutant, I just thought with the adding of the celestial power like warren should make her a lot more powerful like in WOK are at least in the beginning Rise and Fall of Shi Ar
    Actually I did a little research after I responded to your question. It looks like the Celestials are responsible for creating mutants in the first place, which would explain why Celestial technology restored her powers. Anyways, during her time in space she seems to be a lot more powerful than she had been previously. I think Magneto gets to be presented as being more powerful simply because he's Magneto. The same reason Jean Grey was never able to shown to be a strong telepath while Xavier was around. I'd definitely put her on Magneto's level.

  6. #6501
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Lorna has a whole closet full of headgear.
    Given they are almost certain metal I imagine her in front of the mirror altering them over and over again to see what fits.

    It's not really unheard of for a fan to be upset over a one portrayal of a character or another. Different writers for the same character leads to different sets of fans and just because one set of fans enjoys a current portrayal of the character doesn't mean the entire fanbase does. For example many fans haven't been too keen on the direction Wolverine's character has been taken recently, but they still read the book and are entitled to comment on how they would to see things done rather than the way they are.
    I would certainly say so and keep in mind I had almost entirely positive things to say about her depictions in X-Factor 237, 241 and 243. Obviously, as I said at the time there were lines I had some issues with like in X-Factor 237 her basically calling Magneto a super villain, but it was a throwaway line and I felt the good aspects of her depiction vastly outweighed the one or two issues I had.

    If some fans here had certain issues with her depiction in X-Factor 245 its their right. I did because it was at least for me pretty much devoid of the aspects of the character that interested me in her and had aspects that reminded me in a not nice way about Lorna before she came to care about anything other then herself and Havok. Now that might be a one shot deal time will tell. Fans reading the character are all allowed to express their personal views on her characterization in any issue or issues she has been in.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.

  7. #6502
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Actually I did a little research after I responded to your question. It looks like the Celestials are responsible for creating mutants in the first place, which would explain why Celestial technology restored her powers. Anyways, during her time in space she seems to be a lot more powerful than she had been previously. I think Magneto gets to be presented as being more powerful simply because he's Magneto. The same reason Jean Grey was never able to shown to be a strong telepath while Xavier was around. I'd definitely put her on Magneto's level.
    I guess that makes sense.

  8. #6503
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I guess that makes sense.
    She was scanned and has her x-gene according to X-Men Legacy 259 so she is a mutant. One thing it is important to know about their powers is they don't personally have the power of a planet or star's electromagnetic field, but they can tap into those power sources and look at it this way Earth's EM field is like a pea shooter compared to that of the electomagnetic energy of a star. I felt the Iron Man vs Magneto fight did a good job talking about how Magneto's power works.



    Anyway power wise Magneto and Lorna shouldn't be different (other then times like Genosha where one of their powers is messed up) given they both tap into external EM fields. The main difference is skill and he still has a few decades on her there. I think she closed the gap a couple decades in the 6 months Marvel time she was on Genosha, but there is still a difference there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.

  9. #6504
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fionavar
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    I love those sketches...but..is it just me or is something lost between Kirk's pencil work and the inked finishes? (The colours remain outstanding).
    And one more thing...what does he have against knee-high, heeled boots that accentuate the lower leg?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

  10. #6505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    Some Polaris sketches by Leonard Kirk





    Looks much better here. Maybe it will grow on me in the book too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    I'd say the third design is the best. I'm not the hugest fan of the coat, but Polaris doesn't feel like Polaris without something long and flowey (in my opinion).

    __________

    I actually get really irritated when I read some fans responses to the current depiction of Polaris. She hadn't been written for a while, so I think it lead a lot of fans to constantly re-read over old comics or fantasise about how Polaris would be written when she returned. PAD was given her a year ago and some fans still can't seem to accept what he's doing with her. I think some fans are in such a stasis: either they can't seem to move on from old issues or others (I've noticed a certain poster on here) have created a fantasy Polaris and they refuse to accept what is being produced/is on offer.

    Honestly, if you are a fan? Read X-Factor. If you don't like it? That's great! But if you are supportive of the character, giving X-Factor an extra reader can only be a good thing for Polaris in the long run.
    I most definatley understand your irritation. It something I have brought up myself. Personally I love X-Factor. I think it's probably the best book on the stands for sheer consistency but even still I was disappointed with #245. Like Jmc247 it was a message that PAD isn't going to be dealing with some aspects of the character that I like. However I don't think that's all by choice at all. I think Magneto is just unavailable to him right now and that's why he had her say what she did. He was trying to give the audience a reason as to why she and Daddy won't be meeting up anytime soon. I also disliked how severe she was in speaking of Scott. However it's important to note they were both talking in the heat of the moment during a break up just after she found out about her parents death. I don't think anything she said should be taken too literally given the context.

    Either way I plan to keep reading X-Factor.
    Last edited by blanchett; 11-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

  11. #6506
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Given they are almost certain metal I imagine her in front of the mirror altering them over and over again to see what fits.
    I can imagine Lorna doing her clothes shopping at Home Depot now.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    He was scanned and has her x-gene according to X-Men Legacy 259 so she is a mutant. One thing it is important to know about their powers is they don't personally have the power of a planet or star's electromagnetic field, but they can tap into those power sources and look at it this way Earth's EM field is like a pea shooter compared to that of the electomagnetic energy of a star. I felt the Iron Man vs Magneto fight did a good job talking about how Magneto's power works.



    Anyway power wise Magneto and Lorna shouldn't be different (other then times like Genosha where one of their powers is messed up) given they both tap into external EM fields. The main difference is skill and he still has a few decades on her there. I think she closed the gap a couple decades in the 6 months Marvel time she was on Genosha, but there is still a difference there.
    That's a much better explaination than whatever I was trying to say lol

    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Looks much better here. Maybe it will grow on me in the book too.
    I think the design itself only has a few things to improve on. I think the long cape/coat and tiara are good choices because they keep classic visuals for the character while giving her a team-look that others were asking for. It's a decent middle groud, I just think the color scheme needs work.
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 11-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.

  12. #6507
    New Member Vexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .A
    You, I like.
    Any fan of martha is a friend of mine :)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett
    I most definatley understand your irritation. It something I have brought up myself. Personally I love X-Factor. I think it's probably the best book on the stands for sheer consistency but even still I was disappointed with #245. Like Jmc247 it was a message that PAD isn't going to be dealing with some aspects of the character that I like. However I don't think that's all by choice at all. I think Magneto is just unavailable to him right now and that's why he had her say what she did. He was trying to give the audience a reason as to why she and Daddy won't be meeting up anytime soon. I also disliked how severe she was in speaking of Scott. However it's important to note they were both talking in the heat of the moment during a break up just after she found out about her parents death. I don't think anything she said should be taken too literally given the context.
    Either way I plan to keep reading X-Factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    It's not really unheard of for a fan to be upset over a one portrayal of a character or another. Different writers for the same character leads to different sets of fans and just because one set of fans enjoys a current portrayal of the character doesn't mean the entire fanbase does. For example many fans haven't been too keen on the direction Wolverine's character has been taken recently, but they still read the book and are entitled to comment on how they would to see things done rather than the way they are.
    Sorry, I really didn't intend to chastise anyone for any readers having a negative opinion on the book, I truly didn't.

    I do, however, take issue with people who don't read the book and would rather live in a fantasy/fan art world whilst shouting about how marvel is killing the character...
    Last edited by Vexx; 11-13-2012 at 06:48 AM.

  13. #6508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    Any fan of martha is a friend of mine :)

    I do, however, take issue with people who don't read the book and would rather live in a fantasy/fan art world whilst shouting about how marvel is killing the character...
    Vexx that's not just you. Not by a longshot.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

  14. #6509
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    I just realized I quoted blanchett without ever responding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
    Sorry, I really didn't intend to chastise anyone for any readers having a negative opinion on the book, I truly didn't.

    I do, however, take issue with people who don't read the book and would rather live in a fantasy/fan art world whilst shouting about how marvel is killing the character...
    To be blunt, if you're talking about salarta I don't think the poster will be around for a while.

  15. #6510
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,947

    Default

    Sales for X-Factor 245 are out and they are up slightly making for two months in a row of slight sales increases.

    112 15.08 X-FACTOR #245 $2.99 MAR 22,364

    101 14.18 X-FACTOR #244 $2.99 MAR 22,193

    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •