View Poll Results: who is the most handsome clark kent/ superman

Voters
28. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • kirk alyn

0 0%
  • george reeves

1 3.57%
  • christopher reeve

12 42.86%
  • dean cain

4 14.29%
  • tom welling

6 21.43%
  • brandon routh

2 7.14%
  • henry cavill

3 10.71%

Default who is the most handsome clark kent/ superman

who is the most handsome clark kent/ superman

Okay seriously. One of the moderators should put an end to this guys polls. I draw the line at creating polls about voice and handsomeness.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

next:

Which actor had feet shaped most like the comic book Superman's?

Who was the grumpiest Perry White?

Which tv adaptation had the most episode titles with the word "of" in them?

Lord this suddenly sounds like a Smallville forum these days.

BANNED

dean cain

10c

Brandon Routh
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

BANNED

Given only one Superman actually made his living as a model, I'm going with him: Tom Welling. Yes, that's Ashton Kutcher next to him from their Abercrombie & Fitch days.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by clownprince01 View Post
    Okay seriously. One of the moderators should put an end to this guys polls. I draw the line at creating polls about voice and handsomeness.
    Whats the big deal? Who cares? He just curious as to who everyone likes, and why. And so am I, I like to know peoples public opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post
    Whats the big deal? Who cares? He just curious as to who everyone likes, and why. And so am I, I like to know peoples public opinions.
    I love public opinion; and I've started quite a few polls myself. But his are just repetitive and are getting so banal. Not to mention he doesn't appear to contribute to the argument, he's had 6 posts, all of them starting threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Itself View Post
    Given only one Superman actually made his living as a model, I'm going with him: Tom Welling. Yes, that's Ashton Kutcher next to him from their Abercrombie & Fitch days.
    Well that explains his sub-par acting abilities. That's usually what happens when you get a model to do an actor's job.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

I love public opinion; and I've started quite a few polls myself. But his are just repetitive and are getting so banal. Not to mention he doesn't appear to contribute to the argument, he's had 6 posts, all of them starting threads.
    Why are you participating then?

Well that explains his sub-par acting abilities. That's usually what happens when you get a model to do an actor's job.
    It's not a best actor poll. It's the most handsome poll.

Don't want to scare the het men?

1) Henry- Clearly the winner. Sculpted Perfection. He's also a model but never did the runway like Tom
    2) Tom- Beautiful man with lovely eyes
    3) Dean- In his prime he was so cute. He had that Superman smile.
    4) Brandon- A soft face. An average guy
    5) Christopher- Strong and noble, hard not to like even if he's not good looking
    6) Kirk and George do nothing for me.

It explains nothing.

Some of the most talented performers in the industry began their careers as models because it was a way to get work and that goes for men and women alike. The bottom line is that the entertainment industry is very appearance oriented and at times beautiful people get their breaks by being noticed for their "look." There is no shame in that. Some of our Oscar/Emmy/Tony winning performers began their careers in pageants or as models.

Henry Cavill has been the face of several fashion brands in England and he has also been a model. Brandon Routh was a model at one point in his career. And yes, Tom Welling was a model for a very brief period when he was very young.

Tom Welling hated being a model. He's been open about that in interviews. He found it unfulfilling and it wasn't something that he wanted to continue doing but it opened up some doors for him and allowed him to audition for other projects.

He got the job of playing Clark Kent on Smallville because the producers genuinely felt he was the best for the job.

Much like Dean Cain and Brandon Routh, he had very little experience and was very young when he got the job but he worked hard over the years to learn skills and he was serious about acting, directing and producing.

Look, I totally understand that we all have our own preferences about what makes someone "good" and "bad." This is a SUBJECTIVE medium There is no right or wrong. Lord knows Smallville made many mistakes over the years. But I think they also did some things really well that they don't get credit for and I don't think Tom gets nearly the credit he deserves. I've been a Superman fan since I was a little kid and I can honestly say that I can say something GREAT about every single man who played Clark Kent. I think every actor who has taken on the role has brought something unique and special to the part. I really enjoyed watching Tom for 10 years on Smallville. I thought he was excellent at portraying a genuine, humble, kind Clark Kent. I also think that he's one of the more comedically talented actors to portray the character second only in terms of comedy to Christopher Reeve.

I think what it comes down to is that we all relate and respond to different things. And I think that's a really GOOD thing for the Superman franchise because it ensures that there will be something for everyone.

I don't think any actor who has portrayed Clark Kent/Superman has been bad. I think they have all been good in different ways depending on what one's personal preferences are with the character. But I think they have all been very good.
    Last edited by Litgeek; 07-10-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    Don't want to scare the het men?

1) Henry- Clearly the winner. Sculpted Perfection. He's also a model but never did the runway like Tom
    2) Tom- Beautiful man with lovely eyes
    3) Dean- In his prime he was so cute. He had that Superman smile.
    4) Brandon- A soft face. An average guy
    5) Christopher- Strong and noble, hard not to like even if he's not good looking
    6) Kirk and George do nothing for me.
    Hmm...I like your descriptions. :)

I would switch Tom and Henry.

I think Henry Cavill is really gorgeous and I think he's going to be fantastic in the role. I'm particularly excited to see him with his hair longer for the role because I got very used to seeing him with the short hair on the Tudors and I love his wavy hair! But I think Tom Welling's face is a little more stunning and I have to give him the edge for being slightly taller and bigger all over. And when he's in really good shape and really committed to his fitness his body is hard to beat.

Henry and Tom Welling actually remind me of each other in that they both have that really, really beautiful smile and truly beautiful faces. Tom Welling has those incredible blue/green eyes. I always used to notice that when the scenes were lit low they really stood out. For some reason, I really noticed his eyes in the series finale in the wedding scene. It was probably the way the scene was lit but they looked extra light during the walk down the aisle.

I would also put Christopher Reeve higher up. Sometimes I'm stunned when I rewatch the Superman films at just how handsome he was. He looked particularly stunning in that scene in Superman II when Superman and Lois go to the fortress and they have the romantic dinner. I do have to admit though that I don't find Christopher Reeve to be as sexy as Henry Cavill, Tom Welling or Dean Cain. But I do think he was extremely handsome. Do you not find him attractive?

You are right about Dean Cain. I always think of Dean Cain as being the hot football hunk. He was in amazing shape and you're right he had such a great smile. He was the perfect John Bryne Clark Kent because he was this really hot guy who also had superpowers. He's another one that I'm always kind of stunned when I watch old episodes and remember just how attractive he was! I feel like I forget just how attractive the guy was and then it takes me by surprise.

I didn't find Brandon Routh to be particularly gorgeous in Superman Returns but oddly enough I find him very attractive and sexy in interviews. It's a shame the film didn't allow him to tap into more of that in the actual movie. I think he has a nice sense of humor that is very attractive and I think it was kind of wasted in that film. I'm always sorry that he never got a chance to play a version of Clark Kent more like Dean Cain or Tom Welling. I think he could have been charming.
    Last edited by Litgeek; 07-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Cool I have to agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    dean cain

10c
    I have to agree with this one.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman