Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Well yeah, Chase is still out of commission. But I think before anyone does anything with the Characters that plot should be wrapped up first or at least explained off panel. One SHot, Mini series, in another book, I don't care but the current running "Runaways" plot needs to be resolved before they can be used well anywhere.
    Oh I agree that is the big barrier. Other option is to label it elseworld and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Oh I agree that is the big barrier. Other option is to label it elseworld and ignore it.
    I would not be for that option to be honest. I disliked it as much as the next guy and the two year long cliffhanger is a bitch but I just don't like ignoring things like this.

I'd be cool if they randomly showed up safe somewhere only if it was explicitly stated to take place before that story or if a conclusion to the story is promised and is on the horizon.

I'm kind of a weird fan really.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I hope Stature doesn't die.
    I don't think she will...I think she will finally call it quits with them because they are slowly stringing her on with her wish for her dad to return...She could be the "Wanda" out of the group.
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    There's a Ms.Marvel joke in here.
    I cannot believe I missed the opportunity for a Fat Carol joke, let alone that this went unanswered.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian33407 View Post
    beleieve me I understand that. It was the same for FALLEN ANGELS (not a PAD' ones, but a mini featuring some of the misfits of the MU) as it had been the same for SQUADRON SUPREME or Neil Gaiman' run on SANDMAN, and it was fine and better like that. But considered, how some story-arcs or franchises are as you said "milked", it's a funny argument.
    The Fallen Angels mini actually had a sequel set for it once Sunspot and Boom Boom returned to X-Factor/The New Mutants. It was killed mid-production.

The real issue here is how past series were tested with minis, maxis and guest appearances before solid ongoings were launched as opposed to today, where the ongoing is launched amongst hoopla with very little groundwork instead. Sentinel, Runaways… Marvel was looking for new titles that could appeal to different audiences in the digest format, but ended up getting ideas with built-in endings that, unsurprisingly, couldn't continue.

And the blame lies squarely on editorial. [My least favourite decision was Mark Powers' killing of Excalibur on the logic we only read it for the three X-Men, as opposed to the complete sidecast as well.]

If Tom's willing to acknowledge that Runaways' later volumes weren't well thought out and they don't want to go that route again, Marvel will be in a much better position in the future. But I doubt that logic will hold; all they need is to put Wolverine in it or Bendis on the writing and suddenly that book's going to be their new hottest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ian33407 View Post
    The recent CLOAK AND DAGGER and ALPHA FLIGHT mini let me hope for the best about the future of some characters, that everybody though they were un-usable anymore..
    Cloak & Dagger were decently used recently in connection with The X-Men. But the point about being unusable is only partial true.

Personally, I think that Marvel is only in its infancy in realizing the reason why classic concepts are being requested — Alpha Flight, Power Pack, Cloak & Dagger, a UK-based team — is that the core of those concepts is strong enough that readers who know them can say they belong logically in all these events and give a different view to them, much like the old days.

The plus side of that infancy, though, is (coupled with past mistakes) they want to make sure the concepts can survive longer. Testing Alpha Flight here and there with minis can lay the groundwork for another ongoing — something I'd rather see than just throwing a title to an author who loved them, only for that author to walk twelve months later and the book tank.

They've been through this before and they'll be through this again. The ironic thing is that they never learn: the cores stay solid, the rest crumbles time and time again.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Default @Brian from Canada

I used to think too "they never learn" but cannot say so now.
    Yes, a lot of minis were throwing with a creative team and a launch-concept and that was it. Despite I'd even say I'm starting to believe Tom when he says he's waiting for the right pitch.

See CLOAK AND DAGGER, Spencer' approach seems respectful and very concerned, if the SPIDER-ISLAND ties-in works, we could expect an ongoing of quality (have to do some excuses to Emma Rios there, the first 13 pages are stunning); take also a look to Joe Casey and Nick Dragotta' VENGEANCE who's looking for an interesting and very organic take-on of the MU as we hadn't see from Marvel since long.

Without CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, SPIDERMAN, X-MEN and AVENGERS, no DEFENDERS, no ALPHA FLIGHT, no CLOAK AND DAGGER, no MOONKNIGHT, no SPIDERWOMAN (still hoping) so if some franchises have to be milked (Loeb and McGuiness' HULK) then go for it, that ain't what I'm reading.. I'm (half) rassured that some less-known of the MU are starting to get the creative attention they deserve.
    Last edited by ian33407; 07-11-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Kinda scared for the Young Avengers future after hearing this. Part of me feels like Marvel doesnt think theyre worth the trouble or something, since excluding a few cameos they really havent broken the mainstream. People who dont read comics dont know them and they dont have an ongoing. I dont think any character could really be considered safe. They could easily filter whoever is left alive/powered in to other teams. I mean Cassie and Vision are already in dual membership.

Wiccan was depowered by Doom, if what happened was permanant he'd be off the team. Since Childrens Crusade started ive really felt like Billy is the soul of the team. I have this bad feeling that because of what Wanda did, he wont be left alive or with his powers, the other heroes just wouldnt be willing to take the chance. My guess would be either Marvel are trolling us, (since i remember them saying the team wouldnt escape Secret Invasion unscathed) or the team will be dismantled and maybe 1 or 2 of them besides Vision and Stature, will join another Marvel title. I'll be very said if so, i think the best thing about the YA's was their future and potential instead of their current roles.

where can we ask are questions to be answered? I know sorry but please point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by steve the turtle weiner View Post
    where can we ask are questions to be answered? I know sorry but please point me in the right direction.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=274875