View Poll Results: Should Betty Brant know about Peter Parker's identity as Spiderman once again?

Voters
56. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

23 41.07%
  • No

33 58.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Betty's prominence has greatly diminished over the years. I was thinking about this subject and came to the conclusion that nobody cares about Betty Brant.

- She had an extremely minor role in Ultimate Spider-Man, where she was a reporter who was eventually killed by Venom early in the Miles Morales run. I can't even remember any prominent interaction she had with Ultimate Peter.

- She had a small role in the Raimi films as Jonah's secretary. She had some nice interaction with Peter but it didn't really mean much of anything.

- She was completely absent from the Webb reboot film. And while MJ was absent from the first one, she was cast in the second and people were still wondering where she was in the first one for awhile.

- No appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

- Minor appearances in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

- Minor appearance in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. But there was no hint of a romance between her and Peter. (Although this was an Avengers series and Spidey himself only popped up a few times in season 2.)

- She didn't appear in the 1990s animated series. Probably the most popular Spider-Man cartoon.

- She wasn't in the Broadway play.

- Her last prominent usage outside of comics were the 1960s animated series and the 1980s animated series (that wasn't the more popular Amazing Friends).

Oh, and I think we had a Peter/MJ/Betty triangle once. During the Bill Mantlo Spectacular days
    All true. I think that the past Spider-Writers wanted Peter to be in other relationships following his break-up to Mary Jane the first time around. I liked Bill Mantlo's love triangle between Betty x MJ x Peter. Although, once MJ was written out of the story, I wished that the love triangle was Betty Brant x Peter Parker x Natasha Romanov long before there was Mary Jane x Peter Parker x Felicia Hardy love triangle.

Right now, Marvel is too fixated on Peter Parker x Mary Jane x Gwen Stacy love triangle. With the latter being dead so long ago. The current love triangle for Peter Parker should be with Betty Brant and Mary Jane.

When I saw the Spider-Man cartoon for the first time, it was the 1960's version. And I thought that the show was so boring in comparison to Marvel Superheroes. I wished that the Black Widow(as Madam Natasha) was featured in the 1960's version of Spider-Man, along with the Abomination because it might have made things interesting when he confronted both of them for the first time.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-25-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

It's easy to see why Marvel likes the Peter/MJ/Gwen triangle. And why they are so focused on that.

John Romita. He was an artist of romance comics. And he brought that dynamic with him to Spider-Man.

Steve Ditko was a lot of things but nobody ever talks up his love stories. And as the Betty relationship was originally done during the Ditko days, that is why it falls far short of Gwen and MJ. Nobody even remembers the Ditko-Gwen anymore.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I love Betty as Peter's best friend. There was a great Dan Slott issue with them. I think they have great chemistry in a non-romantic way and she could easily know the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Before the mindwipe of his secret identity as Spiderman, Betty stood by Peter because she finally understood the man behind the mask. Like Mary Jane, don't you feel that Peter should reveal his secret identity to Betty once again? It appears that a closer friendship was to have formed between them before OMIT. It would be nice to see an ex-girlfriend, besides Mary Jane, know of Peter's indentity as Spiderman. If Betty had known about Peter's identity as Spiderman, the same way as Mary Jane, she might not have broken up with him. And, secretly, I feel that Betty still regrets breaking up with him because her love life hasn't been the same since. Neither Flash or Ned would ever be as close to her heart as Peter Parker.
    Peter broke up with her, not the other way around. And she was extremely annoying and jealous when they were going out, so I don't really want to see more of her

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    I love Betty as Peter's best friend. There was a great Dan Slott issue with them. I think they have great chemistry in a non-romantic way and she could easily know the secret.
    The non-romantic part could easily apply to Mary Jane as well. I feel that if Peter was to have a love triangle, it should be with Betty Brant and Mary Jane. I would rather see more on Better Brant as the focus of Peter's life and a little less on Mary Jane.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-26-2012 at 01:05 AM.

The non-romantic part could easily apply to Mary Jane as well. I feel that if Peter was to have a love triangle, it should be with Betty Brant and Mary Jane. I would rather see more on Better Brant as the focus of Peter's life and a little less on Mary Jane.
    Betty is nowhere near as interesting as Mary Jane.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Betty is nowhere near as interesting as Mary Jane.
    Marvel just need to find the right writer who would take advantage of her character in Peter's world. On the heroine end, I feel that Black Cat SHOULD move on with her new partners Daredevil and Hawkeye in exchange for Black Widow and Spider-Woman as Spidey's partners in his world on occasion. There needs to be a little diversity in Spidey's life. Since Silver Sable is dead, the Black Widow would do as his occasional partner, as well as Jessica Drew, whose partnership with Peter Parker outside of the Avengers Arena is long overdue.

In retrospect, I feel that both Natasha and Jessica were well aware about Spider-Man's relationship with Felicia Hardy long before he got married to Mary Jane. Respectively, neither of them ever trusted Felicia to begin with based on their investigation into her backgound. Thus it would be interesting if there was a flashback story on Spidey and Black Cat when they had their relationship and confronted Black Widow and Jessica Drew respectively on their adventures.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-26-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Marvel just need to find the right writer who would take advantage of her character in Peter's world. On the heroine end, I feel that Black Cat SHOULD move on with her new partners Daredevil and Hawkeye in exchange for Black Widow and Spider-Woman as Spidey's partners in his world on occasion. There needs to be a little diversity in Spidey's life. Since Silver Sable is dead, the Black Widow would do as his occasional partner, as well as Jessica Drew, whose partnership with Peter Parker outside of the Avengers Arena is long overdue.

In retrospect, I feel that both Natasha and Jessica were well aware about Spider-Man's relationship with Felicia Hardy long before he got married to Mary Jane. Respectively, neither of them ever trusted Felicia to begin with based on their investigation into her backgound. Thus it would be interesting if there was a flashback story on Spidey and Black Cat when they had their relationship and confronted Black Widow and Jessica Drew respectively on their adventures.
    While you may see someone flirt around with Betty/Peter again, I think that relationship really is as done as it can be in comics. Mostly because Stan Lee and Steve Ditko ended it. And then married Betty off to Ned Leeds. And now she's a widow. We all know that a widow would make Peter too old.

Betty wasn't even on the Ramos cover of Amazing #700. They put MJ, Gwen, Felicia and Carlie on it.

My Facebook page

For me, its a profound "no", initially, Betty *hated* Spider-Man and whilst that isn't now the cas there's too much bad blood between them and it would ruin her friendship with Peter. I don't see why Betty should know, it wouldn't add anything to her character (remember, Pete didn't *tell Mary Jane for years and she found out on her own, also the fact they were going to marry makes for an entirely different relationship then Pete had with Betty)

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    For me, its a profound "no", initially, Betty *hated* Spider-Man and whilst that isn't now the case there's too much bad blood between them and it would ruin her friendship with Peter. I don't see why Betty should know, it wouldn't add anything to her character (remember, Pete didn't *tell Mary Jane for years and she found out on her own, also the fact they were going to marry makes for an entirely different relationship then Pete had with Betty)

Cheers.

James.
    You forget that when Peter Parker revealed himself as Spider-Man to the whole prior to OMD, Betty took the news quite well as she forgave him. Also, her brother came back from the dead in the on-going Venom series where Betty decided to kill him yet again.

You forget that when Peter Parker revealed himself as Spider-Man to the whole prior to OMD, Betty took the news quite well as she forgave him. Also, her brother came back from the dead in the on-going Venom series where Betty decided to kill him yet again.
    I didn't actually forget that, I just don't consider it enough of a reason for Betty to know again, its meant to be a *secret* identity for Peter after all.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

No. Sadly, Betty is no longer relevant in Spider-Man. MJ is the long term love interest and Norah is the female reporter.

Keep Betty over at Venom

Only after his official death

What's with people forgetting the hyphen? It's in every form of media, even in these boards, that is Spider-Man, not Spiderman
    SPIDER-MAN
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Dean MD View Post
    I vote No. I don't see the point.
    This might be the point:

BANNED

What issues are the last two pictures ?