Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Hands On with "Gotham City Impostors"

A Batman first-person shooter? Relax, it's not what you think. In fact, it's quite mischievous. CBR News has hands-on impressions of the game that lets players pretend to be Batman and the Joker.

Full article here.

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Holy crud, Batman.

It really is Batman: Team Fortress 2.

Wow. Where do I even begin on how ham fisted this is and how it has next to nothing to do with Batman. What a horrible use of the character and franchise.

Hell. Two seconds and I just thought of a better idea and use of the characters. Don't have the idiotic looking Batman team at all. Have them all be teams of henchmen of different rouges. Use the four classes for teams of henchmen for Joker, Riddler, Two_Face, Hatter, maybe Freeze and some others.

That Batman team and the use of the Bat name with them is ridiculous.
    Xenos

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Holy crud, Batman.

It really is Batman: Team Fortress 2.

Wow. Where do I even begin on how ham fisted this is and how it has next to nothing to do with Batman. What a horrible use of the character and franchise.

Hell. Two seconds and I just thought of a better idea and use of the characters. Don't have the idiotic looking Batman team at all. Have them all be teams of henchmen of different rouges. Use the four classes for teams of henchmen for Joker, Riddler, Two_Face, Hatter, maybe Freeze and some others.

That Batman team and the use of the Bat name with them is ridiculous.
    Isn't this straight out of Detective Comics from early this year?

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Ace View Post
    Isn't this straight out of Detective Comics from early this year?
    Um.. no? Wait.. no.. huh.. Unless you meant the Hine run.. and.. yup. I guess it is? How closely it matches the arc.. I dunno. I rather dropped the book like a rock after fifteen or so years of getting it when they ended the fantastic and groundbreaking Batwoman arc only to use this pretty much fill in story. I took one look at this imposter storyline and gave up. (Though I did jump back on when I saw Vertigo scribe Snyder and artist Jock were on the next arc for what was promised at the time to be the long run. Of course we now know that was bs and the whole company reboots in September.) Still, that imposter arc was pretty forgettable and if it even is truly based on that arc. The story actually has a character called The Imposter, so it makes me wonder even more how loose the connection is.

Looking into this game more, the fact that it's merely an X-Box Live / PSN 'arcade' games doesn't bode well. I've seen too much shovel ware using decent franchises flood that market. The recent Ghostbusters game on XBLA/PSN I hear was a utter travesty and was both boring and broken. I'm sad to see Batman fall into the same trap, especially when both their full games had amazing production value. Plus seeing the other games Monolith has developed, this is mini-game from them seems weak.

But.. hey.. that's just me. I don't see the point in shoehorning such a big character / franchise into such a simple game. You're a few steps away from doing a cheap cell phone game. Yet people buy both these online 'arcade' games and cell phone games like mad, so more and more I'm in the minority of people who want full well developed games.

Also.. hats. I don't see enough hats. Why are there not more hats? Hats are the entire reason people even play video games. Valve knows the value of hats. They know more games should have hats. This game needs more hats.
    Xenos