Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Captain Marvel (Variant) Covers "Flashpoint" #4

DC Comics has released Rags Morales' variant cover for the August 3 shipping "Flashpoint" #3 featuring the alternate reality's version of Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family.

Full article here.

Hmm, cool cover. Wonder why they didn't stick with the Reis/Perez team for all the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Hmm, cool cover. Wonder why they didn't stick with the Reis/Perez team for all the variants.
    I suspect Perez is more than a little busy scrambling to meet the "3 issues done by 8/31" deadline (as are all the other 52 new creative teams).

All this Captain marvel exposure.. there's GOTTA be a place for him come September!
    Did Wonder Woman and Superman just catch an aircraft carrier?

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Both are preparing for their ongoings? But then, so is Morales...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    All this Captain marvel exposure.. there's GOTTA be a place for him come September!
    It'd be nice but ... they've solicited everything for September and Cap isn't in there. Period. We're not going to see him again until Multiversity, if at all.

Smile The new DC!

Wow-- they're going to do a grim 'n' gritty Captain Marvel. How... innovative! At DC they sure know what the fans want!
    Without Wax,
    Carlton Donaghe
    Chief Mojo
    mojopopcomics.com

That isn't Captain Marvel, that's Captain Thunder and his fearless friend Crin... I mean Tawny! ... aka Captain Planet given the dynamics.

Hey the marvel family actually being used. Yeah. Oh wait it's the crappy flashpoint stuff. Ugh. Captain Thunder just latest shot at Shazam fans. DC has just torn apart and treated this characters like garbage in recent years. Hey DC where are those plans now for them huh? Are you going to try pull that crap on us at Comic Con again?

Well, things like the Marvels and the JSA are bound to come up in Q&A so we'll have to see what the new "line" is.

BANNED

Anyone think we might be seeing Captain Marvel show up in the pages of Morrison's Action Comics?

It's Flashpoint Cap i.e. Captain Thunder. Of course it's different from the Captain Marvel we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    DC has said that just because a character doesn't have a title this September doesn't mean one isn't coming. I'm confident Cap will have one, probably in the next wave of releases along with the New Gods, JSA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    It'd be nice but ... they've solicited everything for September and Cap isn't in there. Period. We're not going to see him again until Multiversity, if at all.
    And you know this how ? Does your crystal ball tell when the next wave of releases is coming, or Multiversity for that matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Hey the marvel family actually being used. Yeah. Oh wait it's the crappy flashpoint stuff. Ugh. Captain Thunder just latest shot at Shazam fans. DC has just torn apart and treated this characters like garbage in recent years. Hey DC where are those plans now for them huh? Are you going to try pull that crap on us at Comic Con again?
    Oh hey, the Marvel Family are being used.

Oh wait. It's Flashpoint. At least we're seeing some experimentation with the characters, raising their awareness, and gauging fan response to our plans to get a Shazam title on the stands again.

Torn and treated like garbage ? In recent years ? Like what ?

Crap on you again ?
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

BANNED

Captain Planet oh wait.... He-Man...nah... oh Captain Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Captain Planet oh wait.... He-Man...nah... oh Captain Thunder.
    Heh. It's the other way around...and if you really want to get down to it, Captain Triumph is a lot closer to this concept

Cool I can't even stand to read modern DC Comics

You know, I would love to read DC and Marvel Comics super-heroes again. I have the money to buy any comic and every comic I want. I would love to buy a great Superman comic, or Batman, or Wonder Woman. Heck, it would be great to buy half their line.

But I don't because, well, I find them repulsive.

I was in my local Hastings the other day and saw the cover to the latest Green Lantern. I don't know if any of you have seen it, but it's the one with a close-up of GL's face as he's vomiting blood.

DC Comics are absolute trash and they've lost me as a reader.

Absolutely nothing I've read about this reboot gives me any hopes that the people in charge of this company have any idea how to produce good comics.

Who are the people reading these books? Whoever they are, they are dwindling in number, and I don't think those in charge of DC have a clue how to turn it around.

I'll tell you what I will do-- I will laugh when this big relaunch fails. I don't think Didio, Lee, Johns, et al, have the slightest clue what people outside of their small, dwindling group of readers really want to read.
    Without Wax,
    Carlton Donaghe
    Chief Mojo
    mojopopcomics.com