Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SNARK? here ? nah

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I guess all the people who were bashing Carol in the Wonder Woman #2 thread didn't read this. Before you post, always ask yourself. WWDD--What Would Diana Do?
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    WWDD--What Would Diana Do?
    She'd snap your neck

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    Share your wisdom.

Ya know, something interesting that I have discovered thru all my brief samplings of various message boards over the years during my annual internet surfings is that there tends to be a pattern to how peaceful or not a forum is. At least according to my observations.
    I've noticed that factors such as color have an effect on the level of aggression in any given forum. As does the quality of expressive features, and of course the moderators' behaviors.

Its not to say that these are the deciding factors of whether or not people start misbehaving, but they do tend to have at least a 5-10% influence. Color has always had a psychological effect on people. I find that websites with mainly earthy colors tends to evoke more aggression in posters...as does small print. Plus, any complications for people to express themselves also tends to inspire online aggression. But perhaps most of all are Moderators who have multiple account names, interact with members under those names, and then play God by dictating who gets banned based on how agreeable they are to the moderator, no matter if the disguised moderator was the azshole or not.

So...based on my findings, I would suggest the following for less aggression (that is, IF you are in control of CBR's web design):

-Use brighter, bold colors.
    -Vary the colors.
    -Have plenty of expressive options that are easy to use, such as icons, smilies, pics, etc.
    -But make sure any such expressive options do NOT include messages that can be used to insult...such "You got owned".
    -Make sure to moderate the moderators so that they don't disguise themselves with alternate names in order to troll & sneakingly play God.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettJett View Post
    -Use brighter, bold colors.
    -Vary the colors.
    -Have plenty of expressive options that are easy to use, such as icons, smilies, pics, etc.
    -But make sure any such expressive options do NOT include messages that can be used to insult...such "You got owned".
    -Make sure to moderate the moderators so that they don't disguise themselves with alternate names in order to troll & sneakingly play God.
    Thanks, BrettJett. I actually have no control over the color scheme, but I will pass that on. I can assure you that I don't have any other identities than this one :-)

I will send this info to the admins and see what they can do.

Aegis
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

It's been a few months since we've posted here, so I thought it worth lightin' the thread up again, so to speak.

We've had a recent rash of bad behavior - lots of snark/sarcasm, personal attacks and general insults.

Referring to any poster, group of posters or creators in any personal manner is a violation of forum rules. This includes calling people who don't like the book 'haters' as it's pretty much telling anyone who doesn't like the book that their opinions don't matter.

We are here to encourage civil discussion about Wonder Woman and all things related, and we do hate to delete/edit posts and to have people banned from the forums.

Please make good use of the 'Ignore' and 'Report' features :)

Thank you!
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

Good to see this, so theres no excuse for trolls ect.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Yoda's true Master. Darth Twiggy's Avatar

I just got attacked on the X-Men threads.
    Some nice people started defending me tho. Not it appears no one can post anything on the thread anymore.
    weird.
    I know the Power of the Dark Side.