Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Reiterating Forum Behavior: PLEASE READ

So much has happened to Wonder Woman in the past year or so, and we've seen an influx of new posters to this forum. Opinions get debated, ideas get discussed, but I have seen more than my share of sniping here than I have in a long time.

Basically, the jabs, the quips, the sarcasm that's personal... it needs to end.

Discuss IDEAS. Discuss the differences of opinion (opinions, by the way, everyone is entitled to). If you don't agree, then explain your POV. Engage someone in an intelligent debate, not a dismissive rant.

Don't ridicule others. Don't get snarky. There's no place for that.

If you can't behave, then don't post here. Seriously.

September brings MUCH change, and probably many new posters. We need to be willing to be respectful, understanding, patient, and civil.

Remember, we're here because we love Diana. Show others compassion. Share your wisdom.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Thank you for posting this. I've noticed a significant increase in nastiness lately, but I didn't know how to address it. I hate to report posts, because I feel guilty about giving you more work to do. I was actually considering taking a vacation from the board if it continued.

http://www.myspace.com/louise_robeys_creeps

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    So much has happened to Wonder Woman in the past year or so, and we've seen an influx of new posters to this forum. Opinions get debated, ideas get discussed, but I have seen more than my share of sniping here than I have in a long time.

Discuss IDEAS. Discuss the differences of opinion (opinions, by the way, everyone is entitled to). If you don't agree, then explain your POV. Engage someone in an intelligent debate, not a dismissive rant.

September brings MUCH change, and probably many new posters. We need to be willing to be respectful, understanding, patient, and civil.

Remember, we're here because we love Diana. Show others compassion. Share your wisdom.
    Thank you Ageisbearer! your the best! so glad your the Mod here! xoxoxoxo
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

=W=
    (*_*)\m/
    =W=

Quote Originally Posted by BnL View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I've noticed a significant increase in nastiness lately, but I didn't know how to address it. I hate to report posts, because I feel guilty about giving you more work to do. I was actually considering taking a vacation from the board if it continued.
    BnL, report away. I'd rather have more work to do than not. You're a valued poster here, and your opinion matters.

Lynda, thank you. You're awesome!
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Now, now, now. We can't have any of this being civil and respectful towards others around here. What kind of people do you think we are....? Wonder Woman fans? Oh wait a second

http://www.myspace.com/louise_robeys_creeps

Thumbs up

BnL, report away. I'd rather have more work to do than not. You're a valued poster here, and your opinion matters.

Lynda, thank you. You're awesome!
    Awwwwwwwww!
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

=W=
    (*_*)\m/
    =W=

Aegis, I wonder if this should be one of the "fixed" posts at the top of the thread? Not forever, but perhaps for a little while?

Loves the ignore button jason_w's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Not forever, but perhaps for a little while?
    I wouldn't mind to see it permanent since it has one of those nifty "caution" signs beside it.

Besides, I think ALL of us (myself included) need a little reminder from time to time to disengage or not reply at all. There have been a lot of times lately I'd see something posted that made me fume, but caught myself before I hit the send button.

Cool Thank you...

Thank you for posting this I am the type of person that likes to state my opinion and sometimes I ruffel feathers. I am not saying I done it one this board but I have done with other boards. I am just saying that I like looking at all aspects or opinion and state things in a respectful way. I wish people had more sense to post things like this in a respectful way.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BnL View Post
    i know what you mean. i do not like personal attacks, which sometimes can ruin a person's enjoyment of a forum. the way i see it, we are all fans, and each fan should be respected for his or her opinion. when people attack each other it makes for a miserable experience, not only for the members who might be new to the website, but also for long-term members who grow tired of the behavior.

Negativity?? In the WW Forum?? Get outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Negativity?? In the WW Forum?? Get outta here.
    I would say that negativity isn't the problem, personal attacks are. You know, like taking a dig at the entire forum.

Guys, it's incredibly inappropriate to demean someone for his or her posts/threads. You don't HAVE to comment in them. If you have an issue, make it private or ask bulldog or me to intervene.

We're going to have an interesting few months ahead, and I know I speak for bulldog when I say we all need to be respectful of one another. Some will like what's coming, some won't.

Civility and respect. Please.

Aegis, I would like to thank you for putting up with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    Aegis, I would like to thank you for putting up with all of us.
    We're family, Ben D. Dysfunctional and in need of strait-jackets, but a family nonetheless ;)