Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Rozum, McDaniel and "Static Shock" Hit the Big Apple

Writer John Rozum and artist Scott McDaniel talk with CBR News about the elctromagnetic-powered star of "Static Shock," one of DC's September relaunch titles.

Full article here.

BANNED

Hmm sounds good. I never knew Mr. Mcduffie had a degree in Physics but that does explain a lot and McDaniel has one in Electrical Engineering, not bad at all. One of the books I am most looking forward too.

John Rozum is just too good to pass up.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

BANNED

The Fate of Xombi, once again proves buyers don't buy quality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    The Fate of Xombi, once again proves buyers don't buy quality.
    Can you define what "quality" would be like? Or let me put it this way, "what made Xombi, and other books, so good?"

Some part of me totally wishes that like ... Black Lightning ends up being Virgil's science teacher. Electric City.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Good interview I really liked what they were saying concerning Static's rogue gallery and the tone of the book. But I was kinda hoping for a little more info, such as why Virgil's interning at STAR Labs.

My #1 pick for the relaunch/reboot

Sad Xombi is gone as it was a fun and hip book which sadly means besides those two points and he's not part of Bat/Supes/Lantern family a lot of people skipped it or are trade waiting

This has to be my most anticipated book. Hopefully we don't see too many tech base enemies as that doesn't seem like a challenge for someone with statics powers.

Also im hoping they take alot of cues and story ideas from the animated series. Maybe we will see zeta or the ebon/heatwave team up.

That was an interesting read and I really hope that this new series is a success. I really want Static to be a mainstay in DC and want him to play as a big a role as possible. I also hope that they (re)establish him among the teen heroes of DC like the Teen Titans and maybe one day have him join the team again. If Superboy can have solo title and a spot on the team then so can Static.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Hmm sounds good. I never knew Mr. Mcduffie had a degree in Physics but that does explain a lot and McDaniel has one in Electrical Engineering, not bad at all. One of the books I am most looking forward too.
    Yeah, I was surprised about that too, very cool.

You know what was also pretty cool? This interview. Definitely looking forward to Static.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    This has to be my most anticipated book. Hopefully we don't see too many tech base enemies as that doesn't seem like a challenge for someone with statics powers.

Also im hoping they take alot of cues and story ideas from the animated series. Maybe we will see zeta or the ebon/heatwave team up.
    That is a good point. Tech is not good against Static.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That was an interesting read and I really hope that this new series is a success. I really want Static to be a mainstay in DC and want him to play as a big a role as possible. I also hope that they (re)establish him among the teen heroes of DC like the Teen Titans and maybe one day have him join the team again. If Superboy can have solo title and a spot on the team then so can Static.
    Yeah I want Static as mainstay.

I agree on that. Its not fair that Connor who I like and all gets a solo and a team slot while Static, Blue Beetle, and Supergirl don't. I mean seriously u could form a nice core with those three.

I would make a team with those three and add Aqualad (Jackson), Aquagirl (Lorena, she can focus on her tp), Damian and Traci 13. I think that make a good team with diverse skills and backgrounds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blank_space View Post
    Good interview I really liked what they were saying concerning Static's rogue gallery and the tone of the book. But I was kinda hoping for a little more info, such as why Virgil's interning at STAR Labs.
    Yeah I wish they would have talked some about STAR Labs.

I'm a big fan of Lobdell, but I'm also wondering why Blue Beetle and Static aren't a part of the Teen Titans. I know it's probably nice to have characters you created so you can do as you like with them, but really none of those new characters looks the least bit interesting to me (then again when I was looking at previews of the Avengers Academy kids I thought they had horrendous looking costumes and wouldn't interest me in the slightest, and it's one of my top 5 books now). Hope they join up at some point though.
    A Fool for the Foom

Quote Originally Posted by blank_space View Post
    Honestly, if you were a geeky kid in the DCU, STAR Labs would probably be one of the best places to intern considering that they have such a heavy focus on super-technology beyond what anybody else is working on. It's also an easy way to introduce him to a lot of DC characters.

Any ideas on who the Milestone character will be showing up? I'm praying it's not Holocaust.