Interesting title. Mark Henry will have to wait.
Can the next title be "My Heart Dont Pump Kool-Aid?"
"It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck
I wouldnt mind seeing, the usos, vs dbd/cara vs slater and gabriel in a tlc match.
Clearly what a tag team division needs is the former tag team champs, Hawkins and Ryder.
As The Super Broski's!
Nothing's gonna happen without a warning
I have a comic book podcast, my name is Luro on it. Please listen for the good of mankind.
I'm just saying this right now and hoping someone saves it for the future. It's a name for a future Postmania.
Wrestling: Postmania X: Madison Square Garden
Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that The Kings of Wrestling, Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero, might be headed to WWE as the team received a tryout with the company several weeks ago and impressed officials.
While nothing has been confirmed at this point, it's being said that Ring of Honor has extended contract offers to The Kings, and wanted all long-term contract deals signed by yesterday. According to reports, however, Castagnoli and Hero did not sign the contracts, and the feeling is that they are leaning towards signing with WWE.
It should be noted that Castagnoli did agree to a WWE developmental contract back in 2006, but was released before he began working with the company.
Former World Champion Diamond Dallas Page revealed on Twitter that he is backstage for tonight's RAW in Las Vegas. DDP showed a photo of WWE crew members and a steel cage, indicating that there will be a cage match on tonight's show.
- WWE has released an image on their website of the RAW Roulette wheel they will be using on tonight's show. Here are the options:
* Strange Bedfellows
* Player's Choice
* Steel Cage
* Pillow Fight
* Blast from the Past
* Mystery Match
* Falls Count Anywhere
* Body Slam
* ? On A Pole
* No DQ
* Special Guest Referee
* Trading Places
* Song & Dance
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._and_More.htmlAccording to WWE numbers updated this past weekend, the 2011 Over the Limit pay-per-view actually has beat the 2010 edition of the pay-per-view with a little more than 200,000 buys.
- FCW stars were forced to perform in the rain at the June 24th outdoor show in Bradenton, Florida. Regarding the experience and his WWE future, former ROH star Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) wrote the following on Twitter:
"Wrestled in the pouring rain for the first time in my near 7 year career. It was awesome. Kind of made me realize I’ve been having a lot of fun in FCW. But at the same time I can’t wait to get on the road and take WWE…and the world..by storm. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be and in my heart of hearts I feel that my time is near."
- Roddy Piper noted that he was paid $5,000 for his appearance on the June 13th RAW for Piper's Pit with The Miz and Alex Riley.
Jim Ross is back with a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
- It's hell week for WWE TV personnel as they have their 'doubleheader' tonight and then two more, consecutive days of Smackdown tapings Tuesday and Wednesday. I've been a part of many of these marathon weeks and I can assure you that one really has to pay attention, take great notes and sleep when one can or announcing and continuity mistakes can easily occur. I hear that UFC TV production personnel are experiencing 'burn out' to some degree with all the TV's that they have been doing lately, too.
- It will be fun to see Sin Cara vs. Even Bourne for those who like the flying stuff. Both guys are talented and I'm curious to see if they have in ring chemistry with the other. I hope that sooner than later Sin Cara can begin to speak some English as that will help him connect better with what could be a sizable audience for the Mexican star as time goes on.
- @shawnmichaels_ and @brethart and I talked about WM9 in Vegas which was my first live WWE event (toga) where Shawn wrestled Rick Martel and Bret lost the WWE Title to a fatigued Yokozuna. Not the most auspicious of nights for either HOF'er but they discussed this era and this event in detail when we did our DVD sit down last week. Again, that project is slated to be released in October.
I've gotten more emails and Tweets @JRsBBQ about this topic than any individual top in years. Some of the questions are so embarrassingly bad that I've deleted then to protect the innocent. Every thing to what the guys were wearing to what they had for breakfast to whether or not their answers were all scripted to if they physically fought on the set.
The interview was real. The answers were real. They did not know the questions that I was going to ask ahead of time. Their reactions were real. I realize that because of the genre that there will be doubters but when one sees the finished product I think all concerns about realism and honesty will be alleviated. Plus, this project wasn't solely about 'Montreal' even though the '97 Survivor Series was throughly addressed.
- I'm very curious to see what @cmpunk says tonight on Raw about his upcoming departure which seems as if it will occur in Chicago, Punk's hometown, after the MITB PPV there in July. Punk is at the top of his game, without question, and I, for one, feel that the Raw TV shows leading into the Chicago PPV could be compelling as it relates to Punk. His loss will be significant but w/ any loss comes the opportunity for someone to step forward.
- The Rock confirmed on Twitter today that he will be starring in the next GI Joe movie. He wrote: "It's official: Call the Pentagon, get me my big ass gun - Rocks a JOE!"
- WWE Hall of Famers Bob Orton Jr. and Ted DiBiase Sr. both need their knees replaces. Orton Jr. will be having the surgery soon while DiBiase doesn't have a date yet. Doctors told DiBiase that they could treat his hip issues with medication, therapy and getting his weight down from his current 320 lbs.
- WWE NXT: Redemption talent Darren Young is now without a Pro after Chavo Guerrero was released this weekend. Young wrote the following on Twitter about Guerrero:
"Chavo passed off his wisdom to me! Now I'm taking the crown home all by myself! Thanx to the @mexwarrior for his advice and willingness to help me become a better superstar. Its much appreciated Chavo!"
COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
snowflame, new guardians #2
wanna make some quick cash?