Page 330 of 335 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5013

It's not just spiders which scare me. Not a fan of lizards or snakes either. Just the hissing and those tongues which are forked and sticking out. Yikes! Now I don't mind small reptiles. Maybe a couple of inches at best but the bigger ones? No thanks. Same with rats. We had one come into our house some years ago. I was in the tv room and I saw this black thing run past in the hallway and I thought is that one of our dogs? So I got up to have a look and it was a rat. Big ugly thing it was too. Eventually it ran back outside but yuck. One of my best friends incidentally loved rats. Had quite a few of them at her home. I didn't visit her much.

After my appt later today I'm hoping to get to the local shops as there's a cute deli at the shopping center that I really like visiting because they have some yummy salads (all made fresh on the day).

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    What is it about spiders? Good question! And several things come to mind - they pop up in the most unexpected places! I once had one crawl on my chest in bed. I was half asleep at the time and I pulled back the sheet wondering what was going on and when I saw that big ugly spider I almost burst into tears I was so scared. They are very hard to kill with bug spray! Even when you spray them for like a minute they are still moving. I remember one time there was a big spider on the carpet so out of the corner of the room I sprayed maybe half a can on it, and I left the room to go get some tissues to flush it down the toilet and when I came back into the room the spider was nowhere to be found. Totally creeped me out because I knew how much I had sprayed on it. And I thought oh god, if its still alive it will definitely remember who I am and come after me. Its also the shape of the spider. These long legs inching along. And these beady eyes staring at you. There is one thing I hate above spiders, and that's those spiders which jump when you get near them. Always makes me leap a few inches off the ground those do.
    My preferred method of spider elimination is a can of Lysol and a lighter. Makes a wonderfull blowtorch. They rarely run away from that. Of course, it may not be suitable for use indoors...
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

I go get a clear plastic container and a piece of paper and trap the spider and take it outside, where it can do some good.
    --
    Rob Allen

Pigged out on the cookies a bit too much the past day. I definitely look heavier for it. But they were so yummy at the same time! I really like cookies and milk.

I sometimes re-locate the spider outside if the spider is small enough. The big ones however usually die from repeated blasts of my insect spray. I just find the big ones terrifying. It's hard to even get near them with a can of insect spray because I'm usually so terrified looking at them.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Not scared of spiders...put a Huntsman Spider on my halter right between the Jez bosom...freaked out my then boyfriend. Sissy boy he was...

I also put Iggy the iguana and several local snakes around my shoulders....
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Unless spiders are of a proportion that they would make a fit adversary for Conan the Barbarian they don't bother me in the slightest. They help keep in check the damn mosquito population.

Well I went to my appointment and I find it very intimidating among some professionals. Particularly those who tend to speak over you and judge you (often harshly). It's no secret that I suck at boundaries and I am a very insecure person so I find the whole thing rather intimidating. Part of me wants to talk back and stand up for myself but the other side thinks, if you do that then it will just make the situation worse. It reminds me of being in school when I would get bullied. I would hate it but eventually ignoring them the bullies would go away. But yeah, not a good appointment by any means. Have been sweating and shaking a bit since going there.

Stopped by some local stores a while ago, and outside on the pavement was a cute brown haired dog. I love animals so went up to him and he seemed so nervous, especially when I put out my hand so I just sat on the ground with him reassuring him and he let me pat him and scratch his head while he closed his eyes. So cute! I really enjoyed that experience.

One of the cool things about visiting stores in person is that you get to see and hold things you wouldn't otherwise consider. Like Phantom comics. At one of the bookstores I visit they have several boxes full of Phantom comic books. When it comes to Phantom I do not know that much about him but I do know that he is immensely popular with many people (particularly adults). Next time I visit the stores I might have a closer look at these comics. It's pretty much hit and miss though, just me picking up a comic or two and seeing if anything I am looking at resonates enough to make a purchase?

Feel sad today. Still bothered about how the appointment went yesterday. I crave consistency but as the person told me consistency often isn't possible in real life. I disagree. I think it is, its just that its a harder balance to achieve. I find one on one appointments exhausting. But I also find group appointments exhausting too. With just one person it's intense. But with a group of people its more exhausting because you have multiple conversations going on and I tend to zone in and out on a good day so sometimes I just sit there wondering what everyone has been saying? I think its why I like bookstores, mostly used bookstores so much. Its usually just me and the books. I can sit there as long as I want to and even if I zone out, its usually in a good place surrounded by things I love. I'm very much looking forward to the next chance I get to visit the stores. Each time I see it as an opportunity. Something to cherish and enjoy. And I try to soak up each visit as much as humanely possible. Just being very appreciative of the chance to do so.

Talked to a friend last night and asked him if he is excited about Xmas but he's not. Not really. He said it's all the packing and traveling necessary at this time of the year. A lot of hassle and work. But he is looking forward to seeing his parents. I haven't decided what I'm going to buy for myself this year. Knowing my tastes it won't be anything expensive. Maybe an action figure and some comic books? With some cool superhero wrapping paper and card to go with it? That sounds pretty good to me. I definitely want to get my Xmas shopping done prior to the final few days before Xmas because the stores will be too packed and when they are really packed its a bit overwhelming. Plus the staff at the stores tend to get over-stressed from the constant demands made upon them by customers. I'm still looking for a 2013 journal. Have not found one I like yet. I want the binding to be really tight but the pages to be supple and smooth to the touch.

Cei-U, when's the warning thread come out for this year's 12 Days of Comics Classics Christmas?
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    It's not just spiders which scare me. Not a fan of lizards or snakes either. Just the hissing and those tongues which are forked and sticking out. Yikes! Now I don't mind small reptiles. Maybe a couple of inches at best but the bigger ones? No thanks. Same with rats. We had one come into our house some years ago. I was in the tv room and I saw this black thing run past in the hallway and I thought is that one of our dogs? So I got up to have a look and it was a rat. Big ugly thing it was too. Eventually it ran back outside but yuck. One of my best friends incidentally loved rats. Had quite a few of them at her home. I didn't visit her much.
    I imagine you must remember this Jim Stafford song fondly: Spiders and Snakes .