Page 213 of 335 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5013
    Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I've been away for a while also. We're having major work done on the house, and most of my time has been taken up by moving our 18-year accumulation of stuff. My wife and I are both pack rats, and we figured out recently that this is the longest either of us has ever lived in one place. In order to get the asbestos scraped off the ceilings and the carpets removed, we had to get almost everything out. Our stuff is now distributed between 2 PODs, 4 storage units and a 2-bedroom apartment, plus the garage and a few small rooms in the house that had neither asbestos nor carpet. The various projects will all happen over the next month, and then we'll move it all back in. Slowly.
    On a bit of a smaller scale...we're converting the nearest bedroom to a baby room...
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    On a bit of a smaller scale...we're converting the nearest bedroom to a baby room...
    I suppose this means that some sort of congratulations are in order.

I don't have any children myself... sometimes I regret it, sometimes meh, not so much... but then it is somewhat different for a guy. Nevertheless, I do have the greatest admiration for those brave souls who choose to do.

So congrats... and best of luck.

Any thoughts on here about the proposed idea of a Collected Editions forum?

I know some people on here only buy tpbs and graphic novels. I love them but the only thing I am not for is that it is now also becoming a collectible market. Some trades that are out of print are now going for high prices. A few Essentials come to mind. If the discussion is just about what is being collected and what people are buying I'm fine with it but I just don't like how there is now a collector's market for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    Any thoughts on here about the proposed idea of a Collected Editions forum?

I know some people on here only buy tpbs and graphic novels. I love them but the only thing I am not for is that it is now also becoming a collectible market. Some trades that are out of print are now going for high prices. A few Essentials come to mind. If the discussion is just about what is being collected and what people are buying I'm fine with it but I just don't like how there is now a collector's market for them.
    I can't see the idea getting much traction. There are already places to discuss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I can't see the idea getting much traction. There are already places to discuss them.
    A few people over in the announcements section want it. But as a mod said and you said it if to have a whole forum wouldn't generate enough traffic. I posted here cause and idea came up to post about Collected Editions on the Classics board.

i already started a Golden age classics reprints/collected editions thread, intended for material from the 1940's/50's. I think its best to split them by era - Maybe you can start a thread for silver/bronze or classic-modern reprints?

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    i already started a Golden age classics reprints/collected editions thread, intended for material from the 1940's/50's. I think its best to split them by era - Maybe you can start a thread for silver/bronze or classic-modern reprints?
    I'm really just interested in what trades people have read lately. Its also very interesting how many trades and collected editions people own.

I'm really just interested in what trades people have read lately. Its also very interesting how many trades and collected editions people own.
    There are several "what tradebook did you buy/read recently" threads in various forums...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Poor Old Dirt Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    There are several "what tradebook did you buy/read recently" threads in various forums...

I know we have one here. I was just making a statment.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Apologies to any & all who might've received a spam email from my account -- at least two of you did, I know, which tells me that it happened with a few others as well. I blame Confessor, from whose account (not even the one he normally uses) I received the same thing the previous day. Or rather, of course, I blame who/whatever hacked that account to begin with.

I've since changed my email password, though doing so took a lot more effort than I recall having to expend for so mundane a task before (I doubt that I'd done so since Yahoo took over AT&T's email functions), to the point that I wound up having to call AT&T for assistance. Happily, though, I spoke with someone in Lousville, as opposed to Bombay or somewhere (nothing wrong with India, but a Kentucky accent is a lot easier for a lifelong Southerner -- & particularly a lifelong Southerner with tinnitus -- to understand), who in addition to being very helpful & friendly also turned out to have 3 cats, so we passed a fair amount of time comparing notes.

I forgot to ask her opinion on comics &/or Frank Miller, though. Just as well, I'm sure.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Apologies to any & all who might've received a spam email from my account -- at least two of you did, I know, which tells me that it happened with a few others as well. I blame Confessor, from whose account (not even the one he normally uses) I received the same thing the previous day

Oh really?! So it didn't appear to have come from my hotmail account then? Which account was it from?
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

I buy TPB when the original issues are far beyond my scope to purchase in individual issues. Cerebus is one I am currently purchasing. The Essentials and Showcase are another boon to older issues that I am fine with reading in B&W to save money so as to actually read something I could never afford to buy in singles.

In the last two years or so I have adopted "if the TPB is less than the singles it collects, I buy the TPB". It's turned me from a collector to a reader and has really alleviated a lot of stress about spending big money on comics.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Oh really?! So it didn't appear to have come from my hotmail account then? Which account was it from?
    btopenworld.com, whatever that is. Sounds rather nefarious to me.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!