Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Lol she totally is.

Still can someone explain to me how 7+8=13. I mean do Mera and Aquaman count as a combo pack. is atom to small to count. does deadman not count because he is dead. etc.
    Its 15 members.

Don't be so hard on them Skaddix not everyone is as good at math as you are.

I really like the designs of the Big 7 in this pick. They look great.

Not crazy about the pointy spikes on Cyborg's back or his blaster yet, but its not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Dingo View Post
    Jeez, poor Martian Manhunter.
    He's starring in Stormwatch which looks to be miles better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidenMGS View Post
    Only if is a minority...
    I prefer the Avengers approach of having three teams the boring classic team, the new avengers, and the secret avengers.

I guess we do have three Justice League Books so my rant is a little invalid.

On the whole Diversity thing Maybe JLI shouldn't have two white American males.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Its 15 members.

Don't be so hard on them Skaddix not everyone is as good at math as you are.

I really like the designs of the Big 7 in this pick. They look great.

Not crazy about the pointy spikes on Cyborg's back or his blaster yet, but its not bad
    Lol okay.

Yes I would prefer too normal hands. The costumes look fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    He's starring in Stormwatch which looks to be miles better than this.
    Lets wait until we get full rosters before comparing. Also I think Midnighter's new look is worse then any of these.

Hmm, the mystery woman on the right looks to be Zealot or Miranda Shrieve.

BANNED

DC Diversity = 1 Black Dude and 14 White People (but hey, some of them are alieenz!)

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    I prefer the Avengers approach of having three teams the boring classic team, the new avengers, and the secret avengers.

Maybe a Batman and Guy won't be in it for long.

BANNED

There are four to five avengers books. Two of the being teen books. Although I will say Teen Titans and Young Avengers are kinda similar. Still I read a book where guys like Dick, Wally and Donna train some younger heroes like Static, Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Aqualad, etc.

Batman sells books so I don't have a huge issue with him being on the JLI as long as he doesn't hog the whole book I'm okay with it.

But I'm really starting to get behind this book. I'm definetly picking this up. Personally Avengers books have been completely lack luster in this new Heroic Age. Bendis had a good run overall despite the constant criticism. But the man seems to have run out of ideas.

This new Justice League book looks like it can be good. Really liking the new big 7 its an improvement on the original imo. Now if they made Cyborg's look a little sleeker this team would be perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Hmm, the mystery woman on the right looks to be Zealot or Miranda Shrieve.
    Zealot!!! I hope it's Zealot!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    DC Diversity = 1 Black Dude and 14 White People (but hey, some of them are alieenz!)
    Hey Firestorm counts for 50%. And Elemental Woman may be Asian.
    Still 4 females vs 11 dudes.
    Its still better then JL Dark though. Although Dark does better in females.

I hope Stormwatch is better. Given the numbers of minorities from Wildstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    One of the 2 characters constituting Firestorm is African-American, and Element Woman is Asian-American.

Everyone except Aquaman and Green Lantern recedes in that drawing. And those redesigns are instantly dated--but in the wrong direction: This is 2011, but everything about those designs says "1991."

And Cyborg is now more machine than man. I'll try not to read that as racial commentary.
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

There are four to five avengers books. Two of the being teen books. Although I will say Teen Titans and Young Avengers are kinda similar. Still I read a book where guys like Dick, Wally and Donna train some younger heroes like Static, Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Aqualad, etc.
    The fact none of these characters are on a team right now is idiotic. Mark my words the DCnU Teen Titans is going to tank hard, the book looks incredibly bad

Lol okay.

Also I think Midnighter's new look is worse then any of these.
    Agreed. He looks like some weird BDSM character now

BANNED

Hey Firestorm counts for 50%. And Elemental Woman may be Asian.
    Still 4 females vs 11 dudes.
    Its still better then JL Dark though. Although Dark does better in females.

I hope Stormwatch is better. Given the numbers of minorities from Wildstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by FotoCub View Post
    One of the 2 characters constituting Firestorm is African-American, and Element Woman is Asian-American.
    Ah, I didn't realize Element Woman was Asian-American (it's funny how many minority characters are physically mutated).

And yeah, JL Dark doesn't even pretend to try.

What a minute, why is Deadman in two Justice League titles. I bet a lot of these members will be different between the first and the second arc.