Page 500 of 668 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10009

I don't agree with it being covered...but it should be decriminalized at the least, and if it is ever legalized, see it regulated like Nevada does

I think we might hit a point where a small number of states have it legalized (like Nevada) but you probably won't see it widespread
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Dude, awesome post! Mortgages are so relevant to our current topic of discussion about whores. SWEET!!!
    Either way you're getting screwed.
    And you're probably feel dirty afterward.
    And end up scared for life if you aren't careful.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Regulation...BAD! RAWR!!!

Waste-water injection well caused 12 earthquakes in Ohio, investigation shows

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A waste water injection well induced the series of 12 earthquakes in Youngstown last year, an on-going state probe has concluded.

And because of that, Ohio regulators on Friday unleashed a round of new permitting rules for injection well drilling that could limit or slow down the number of new injection wells as contractors scramble to comply with tougher rules.

The regulations come on the eve of an expected boom in gas and oil drilling in the state -- a boom that will also produce millions of gallons of naturally occurring salt water and chemically-laced water used to fracture shale containing the gas and oil.

In a 24-page preliminary report of its investigation into the quakes, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources has included a series of new permit requirements that it says go well beyond national standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Should the US legalize prostitution?
    In terms of giving prostitutes the full protection of the law? Yes. Keeping the distasteful matter regulated seems safer than otherwise (ditto alcohol and a lot of drugs).

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    This explains a great deal about the state of American politics

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2012/03/09/scientists-say-america-is-too-dumb-for-democracy-to-thrive/?tsp=1"]http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election...-thrive/?tsp=1[/URL]

The United States may be a republic, but it’s democracy that Americans cherish. After all, that’s why we got into Iraq, right? To take out a dictator and spread democracy.

“Government of the people, by the people, for the people.” “One person, one vote.” We are an egalitarian society that treasures the mandate of its citizenry.

But more than a decade’s worth research suggests that the citizenry is too dumb to pick the best leaders.

and this forum.
    Consider for a moment this question.

What are the alternatives?

What setup would defuse the inevitable "I can do better" movements to a greater degree, and how do you get the level of feedback needed to keep a Really Stupid Political Program from hitting when the alternate selection process slips up?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Try reading the actual Sun article. The only evidence you have for most of their claims is... half a sentence. By them. With no outside corroberation. "Terence Read claimed for being 'virtually unable to walk' but was seen at a dance event" - that bit about him being 'virtually unable' is a paraphrase, but from who and about what? What's his condition? What dance is he doing and for how long? (The photo looks pretty simple)

"Terry Langford took disability benefits before being seen refereeing a football match, Gladys Popoola took £200k in benefits but had three jobs and property worth £500k and Albert Davies got mobility and care allowance but was filmed playing golf" - the second sounds legit, but how severe was Davies' illness and what sort of golf does he play, big long games or does he have to pace himself? What the fuck disability does Langford have? This is amateur hour. It's like they're baiting Lord Leveson, "dares ya to say good things about the press NOW, dares ya dares ya!".
    I did read The Sun piece and it's essentially a whipping up of morons to bully disabled people.

For example a mate of mine is seriously mentally ill, but as long as she takes her meds she's fine but there's no way she can hold down certain types of job. She was told the other week that she was faking it in order to 'scrounge' by some alleged friend of a friend.

I've heard of people who are walking on sticks getting on busy buses and being told that they're not really disabled. Frankly the Tories have done a seriously effective job in demonising the disabled and it's disgusting how many people have fell for it thanks to cuts like Duncan Smith and the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    In this instance, things went disastrously wrong.

But the whole reason she went out by herself, using public transport is that she desperately wants to get her life back including getting back into the workforce.
    There's a point to be about DLA, which is a benefit introduced by Labour (in one of the better things they did) to help disabled people get around on public transport, so many who couldn't get to work, finally could.However DLA is seen by Sun readers as 'scrounging' even though it's self financing and the level of fraud is 0.5%, but this is not a campaign built upon facts.

Ofgem has smacked EDF with a £4.5m fine for breaching licenses during sales - £3.5 has to go to the customers. The other £1m to the Citizens Advice Energy Best Deal campaign which tells said customers how to get the best deal on energy tariffs. Diss!
    I had EDF desperately try to sell their vastly overpriced service upon me ages ago and I told them to fuck right off. They still tried to switch my electricity over without my permission, so I'm glad they've finally been sorted out for now.

Ofgem has been raising its fines over the past year, which is a good move: lower fines didn't seem to be stopping the fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    For example a mate of mine is seriously mentally ill, but as long as she takes her meds she's fine but there's no way she can hold down certain types of job. She was told the other week that she was faking it in order to 'scrounge' by some alleged friend of a friend.
    Why the fuck would anyone want to fake a mental illness, one of the things that gets you shunned by "polite" society?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

http://gawker.com/5892182/

"Emo" kids stoned to death by Iraqi Militants
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I don't agree with it being covered...but it should be decriminalized at the least, and if it is ever legalized, see it regulated like Nevada does

I think we might hit a point where a small number of states have it legalized (like Nevada) but you probably won't see it widespread
    No, no, think about it. This is perfect. If it's covered it creates a literally billion dollar taxible mega-industry overnight, as opposed to just trusting pimps to fill out tax forms properly, and it ends the private vs government insurance problem, because you're going to get a seriously different quality of whores. My logic is flawless.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    I did read The Sun piece and it's essentially a whipping up of morons to bully disabled people.

I've heard of people who are walking on sticks getting on busy buses and being told that they're not really disabled. Frankly the Tories have done a seriously effective job in demonising the disabled and it's disgusting how many people have fell for it thanks to cuts like Duncan Smith and the Sun.
    When shit gets tough, isn't blaming some outgroup (Jews, the disabled, blacks, the poor, etc.) for society's problems a rather standard trick? What's most outrageous isn't that some prick politician or newspaper columnist is actually saying this stuff, but that a sufficient number of people nod their heads in agreement and therefore make such sentiments dangerous. (Put another way, and to use an American example, I'm more terrified of Rush Limbaugh's listeners than Rush Limbaugh.)

Of course, if these people were actually concerned about minimizing fraud, they'd work behind-the-scenes with the program administrators instead of publicly taking a shit all over the disabled and making their lives that much more difficult.
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Why the fuck would anyone want to fake a mental illness, one of the things that gets you shunned by "polite" society?
    Ah, but surely anyone wanting to fake having a mental illness could be considered to be showing the symptoms of mental illness and so, um, erm...Joseph Heller!

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serik View Post
    (Put another way, and to use an American example, I'm more terrified of Rush Limbaugh's listeners than Rush Limbaugh.)
    Rush isn't going to go to the extremes that some of his listeners will, because he's comfortable with his lifestyle and doesn't need to interact with the individuals his words could hurt on a daily basis.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    No, no, think about it. This is perfect. If it's covered it creates a literally billion dollar taxible mega-industry overnight, as opposed to just trusting pimps to fill out tax forms properly, and it ends the private vs government insurance problem, because you're going to get a seriously different quality of whores. My logic is flawless.
    I can see the campaign now: "The government has always burned through money like crack whores, now it's time to tax them!"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton