A Much-Needed Reality Check About the Luka Rocco Dismemberment-Murder-Kitten Case:
1. Luka is neither a porn "star," NOR a porn actor, NOR a model. He has never made a film or a professional video in any capacity.
He aspired these things, but he was never employed by, or worked with, any movie company-- his efforts in front of his own camera are the only evidence of his moving image in public.
Luka paid pro photographers to take head shots; he published his own videos and stills on the his own web sites.
The only videos anyone has seen of him (so far) are of sadistic animal and human murder, not "sex scenes" as one would describe a in an erotic movie.
2. Luka was a prostitute, albeit an unsuccessful one. He was starving, literally.
3. To call this man "gay," or "bi," suggests some kind of consummated adult sexual life with other people.
But that doesn't seem to be the case. The rare "customers," and even rarer people he dated, report that Luka didn't have sex with them, and was seemingly paralyzed or too catatonic to do anything sexual in bed.
To his short-lived friends, he reported traumatic incest with his mother, and mental illness. Everyone who met him casually noticed he was disturbed.
He is alienated from his family and it seems that the one man who knew him slightly, he killed.
I don't know any word for this except "extremely dangerous and damaged adult, history of severe childhood abuse."
3. Investigators and magistrates are talking about inate evil, about a man lacking "a moral gene," and "serial killer DNA."
But there is no proof, not remotely, of any of these things. There never has been. That's like saying the devil made him do it.
4. There is no evidence Luka knew Karla Homolka, let alone dated her. The Montreal police have taken back that first reckless statement. His celebrity obsessions were entirely of his own imagination.
Aside from the shock of this case, and the tragedy, I know that gay and bisexual people, and sex workers and erotic actors/models, EVERYWHERE, are cringing.
So are mental health pros and seasoned reporters, the few that are left.
We are all hoping that the sensation of these murders will not be exploited by political opportunists and the con-artists of the right. So far, not so good.