Page 591 of 668 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 10009
  1. #8851
    Veteran Member matthewaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    It's not exactly like that. The leader of new democracy could not find enough people to make a government. Pasok is now third party. However they the two parties that had Greece in this state for 35 years. Siriza is now second party and will try to find a way to form a government. Nobody declined, they just could not make it.
    Siriza however does not agree with what the other two parties are sudgesting, and the people voting for it gives a message that the people want something different because they can't stand this anymore.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

    I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

  2. #8852
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Have they honestly learned nothing?
    The lesson that has been reinforced over the last few years is that they can pretty do whatever they damned well want to do
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  3. #8853
    Y? Cause I Gotta! JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Have they honestly learned nothing?
    Ehen a child breaks all his toys and you buy him new toys, what does he learn?
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

  4. #8854
    Elder Member Charles RB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    New Democracy waved the white flag and have called their coalition attempts "impossible", so it's up to Syriza to make a coalition.

    And if they can't, it's a new election!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Essentially Greece has voted for banruptcy, poverty and a generation or more of lost opportunities.
    And for twenty one Nazis.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    Things are sure uncertain, but I have hope that we can have a goverment that will renegotiate with the imf, so things may look better than what they are.
    You're looking at a Syriza-led coalition of multiple parties (including, I'd assume, will include the Communists) who haven't been in power before. How are they going to renegotiate with the IMF and EU? What are they going to offer them?

    Seriously, if they can't renegotiate they've either got to carry on with the last government's policies or Greece goes all Argentina.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

  5. #8855
    Elder Member Charles RB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35,816
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

  6. #8856
    Veteran Member matthewaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    New Democracy waved the white flag and have called their coalition attempts "impossible", so it's up to Syriza to make a coalition.

    And if they can't, it's a new election!



    And for twenty one Nazis.



    You're looking at a Syriza-led coalition of multiple parties (including, I'd assume, will include the Communists) who haven't been in power before. How are they going to renegotiate with the IMF and EU? What are they going to offer them?

    Seriously, if they can't renegotiate they've either got to carry on with the last government's policies or Greece goes all Argentina.
    Simply put, the previous goverment has signed. Siriza and any other government except pasok or new democracy can say that they do not recognize it. What you say is not at all true. They can renegociate with better terms. The only reason they "can't" is because Germany, the imf and everyone else including will lose profit.
    And I do not think that it can play any real role the fact that they were not in power before. And why do you outline that there will be communists in the coalition, I do not understand.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

    I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

  7. #8857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    Simply put, the previous goverment has signed. Siriza and any other government except pasok or new democracy can say that they do not recognize it. What you say is not at all true. They can renegociate with better terms. The only reason they "can't" is because Germany, the imf and everyone else including will lose profit.
    And I do not think that it can play any real role the fact that they were not in power before. And why do you outline that there will be communists in the coalition, I do not understand.
    1. Governments are empowered to sign binding treaties. A new election doesn't mean a country can repudiate previous agreements.

    2. PASOK and New Democracy control 50% of the seats in Parliament between them, any new government formed without them will not have a majority in Parliament even if they bring in Golden Dawn and LAOS. Other than not wanting to pay their debts, what do the left wing parties and the far-right have in common?

    3. Germany just gave you tens of billions of Euros, not wanting to give you tens of billions of Euroes more for nothing is not profit-seeking.

    4. this negotiation will be interesting:

    "Please give us another E100 billion. Also we don't want to pay back the money you already loaned us."

    "No."

    "Please."

    "No."

    "Pleeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!"

    A Greek departure from the Euro will cause enormous harm to the wider European economy. The EU and the IMF have been prepared to pump massive amounts of money into Greece to avoid that. But if you keep demanding ever increasing amounts of money, at some point they'll simply decide that the cost of giving in exceeds the damage caused by a default.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

  8. #8858
    Hey, brother. Matt Algren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Obviously, this blue part here is the land...
    Posts
    14,197

    Default

    So, this happened.

    Fox News contributor laments ‘mistake’ of letting women vote

    “I think that one of the greatest mistakes America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote,” Peterson says. “We should’ve never turned this over to women. And these women are voting in the wrong people. They’re voting in people who are evil who agrees with them who’re gonna take us down this pathway of destruction.”

    “And this probably was the reason they didn’t allow women to vote when men were men. Because men in the good old days understood the nature of the woman,” he adds. “They were not afraid to deal with it. And they understood that, you let them take over, this is what would happen.”

  9. #8859
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    that's terrible ............ At least bob burgers is funny .... So not all is lost

  10. #8860
    Junior Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    So, this happened.

    Fox News contributor laments ‘mistake’ of letting women vote

    “I think that one of the greatest mistakes America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote,” Peterson says. “We should’ve never turned this over to women. And these women are voting in the wrong people. They’re voting in people who are evil who agrees with them who’re gonna take us down this pathway of destruction.”

    “And this probably was the reason they didn’t allow women to vote when men were men. Because men in the good old days understood the nature of the woman,” he adds. “They were not afraid to deal with it. And they understood that, you let them take over, this is what would happen.”
    Someone has been watching too much Boardwalk Empire.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

  11. #8861
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    It was really only a matter of time.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  12. #8862
    Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Whiterun Hold
    Posts
    14,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It was really only a matter of time.
    Bring on the Serfdom.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

  13. #8863
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    Bring on the Serfdom.
    Not likley, my wife knows how to shoot.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  14. #8864
    Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Whiterun Hold
    Posts
    14,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Not likley, my wife knows how to shoot.
    One man can make a difference Michael.






    (where's that quote from?)
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

  15. #8865
    Elder Member Charles RB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    Simply put, the previous goverment has signed. Siriza and any other government except pasok or new democracy can say that they do not recognize it.
    A government cannot say "we don't recognise what the last government signed" willy-nilly. That says to everyone else "don't make any deals or agreements with Greece, they'll ignore it after an election". You'd be fucked for years to come.

    What you say is not at all true. They can renegociate with better terms.
    How? What are you going to offer to the people you need money from?

    And if you say "we don't recognise what we signed", you can't renegociate. They'll say "fuck off".


    And why do you outline that there will be communists in the coalition, I do not understand.
    You have a communist party. Syriza will have to include them in a left-wing coalition (it'll also have to include part of Pasok) to get workable numbers.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •