Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: IDW Turns Bin Laden's Death Into Graphic Novel

In the wake of the surprising Navy SEAL mission to kill the infamous terrorist leader, IDW has announced the graphic novel "Code Word: Geronimo" on Osama bin Laden's final night to hit stores this September.

Full article here.

Well, that's nice. The first draft of this story had a lot of plotholes so hopefully this comic book will hang together better...

Sounds great to me. IDW consistently produces quality stuff. This looks like no exception.

BANNED

the art would be really striking if it was left B&W.. inked, I mean, but not colored, save a single spot color. full color and over rendered in today's style it'll lose what makes it pop.

not that I was particularly interested in this anyway.

Yeah, sounds great. Just what the world needs, another bloody glorification of the rampant nationalism and revenge driven ignorance that plagues the US. Let's celebrate some more, and propagate another generation of kids that are eager to celebrate killing in the name of national pride.
    It make sme sick that anyone would even consider taking on this project.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gethonomix View Post
    Yeah, sounds great. Just what the world needs, another bloody glorification of the rampant nationalism and revenge driven ignorance that plagues the US. Let's celebrate some more, and propagate another generation of kids that are eager to celebrate killing in the name of national pride.
    It make sme sick that anyone would even consider taking on this project.
    Yeah, why celebrate the death of someone considered our generations HITLER, responsible for thousands of innocent people dying. Who escaped any sort of justice for almost a decade, continuing to plan and commit attacks on innocents ALL OVER THE WORLD???

I'm assuming you're not American by your stance. That's fine, you're entitled to it. But before you demonize us all, I'd bet your country would be speaking GERMAN right now if it wasn't for US entering World War II and saving the world's bacon. Don't bite the hand that feeds you...or in this case, saves your @$$.
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    Yeah, why celebrate the death of someone considered our generations HITLER, responsible for thousands of innocent people dying. Who escaped any sort of justice for almost a decade, continuing to plan and commit attacks on innocents ALL OVER THE WORLD???
    Dick Cheney died?

I really need to start paying more attention to the news.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    I'm assuming you're not American by your stance. That's fine, you're entitled to it. But before you demonize us all, I'd bet your country would be speaking GERMAN right now if it wasn't for US entering World War II and saving the world's bacon. Don't bite the hand that feeds you...or in this case, saves your @$$.
    Seriously? The most cliched pro America speal ever? You're dusting off that old chestnut? Were you wearing a Hawain shirt, broad brimmed hat and sunglasses with a big camera around your neck as you typed that? Even if we accept that as absolute truth, and ignore all America owes other countrys for various savings of its own ass (like France in the 1770s...), taking a dictator down because he bombed your territory is not a blank check for modern acts of dickery (not that the killing of Bin Laden falls under that heading).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Forgive him, dupersuper, for he knows not what he says.

(Or so I devoutly hope.)
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Whoever wrote this piece spelled "Blue Water Productions" wrong. "IDW" isn't even close-! Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Dick Cheney died?

I really need to start paying more attention to the news.

Too funny...
    I can be found updating my Comic Review entries in
    http://comicwatcher.wordpress.com/

finally, i might see the body, or, a body part!
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn