Page 90 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 9919

My biggest life dilemma is whether to buy all of those batman deluxe editions or to wait for the eventual absolute editions of morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Finished my first Absolute (All Star Superman)

I really enjoyed it.
    Probably tied as my favorite with Absolute Planetary volumes 1 and 2. Beautiful books.

I didn't think absolutes were worth it. Then I saw Absolute Long Halloween at the LCS yesterday...
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

Quote Originally Posted by davidn15 View Post
    I didn't think absolutes were worth it. Then I saw Absolute Long Halloween at the LCS yesterday...
    So you picked it up? Fell in love with it?

Details...details...

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    So you picked it up? Fell in love with it?

Details...details...
    Didn't buy it, didn't have the money. But holding this giant magnificent tome in my hands, I just knew I had to have it.

Formerly GarbageMan

I like the absolutes, and i love all star superman, but i don't like quitley's art enough to spend that much on an absolute version of the book. the tpb collection works for me.

Formerly GarbageMan

btw absolute planetary 1 and 2 on ebay for 150. vol1 is 2nd printing

Didn't buy it, didn't have the money. But holding this giant magnificent tome in my hands, I just knew I had to have it.
    Did yourself a favor tbh. I regret buying TLH (and Dark Victory) in trade, nevermind absolute.

I own many of Marvel's Omnibus collections and am thinking about taking the plunge on some DC OHCs, but am worried about the difference in trim size between both Deluxe editions and Absolute editions and Absolute editions and Omnibus editions.

From what I understand, DCs Deluxe edition are the same size as Marvel's OHC and Omnibus, but are the Absolutes bigger than those? Can anyone post a size comparison with all three for me? Thanks in advance :).
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    I own many of Marvel's Omnibus collections and am thinking about taking the plunge on some DC OHCs, but am worried about the difference in trim size between both Deluxe editions and Absolute editions and Absolute editions and Omnibus editions.

From what I understand, DCs Deluxe edition are the same size as Marvel's OHC and Omnibus, but are the Absolutes bigger than those? Can anyone post a size comparison with all three for me? Thanks in advance :).
    add another three inches in height or so and another inch or two wide. and add a slipcase

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Did yourself a favor tbh. I regret buying TLH (and Dark Victory) in trade, nevermind absolute.
    Did you not like it?

I loved it. I think it started a bit slow but after the first 2 issues it really picked up.

Did you not like it?

I loved it. I think it started a bit slow but after the first 2 issues it really picked up.
    Love Sale's art, hate Loeb's writing. Probably shouldn't have said anything but sometimes I can't help myself. I recognize that I am in the minority here.

Na I agree. Well, I don't HATE the writing, but I got the trade, and I'm pretty sure I'll never feel the need to upgrade that one to absolute.

I dig the art, but feel like its not... Detailed enough? To justify absolute? There's just not enough going on in each frame for it to be absolute sized. What I mean is you can catch all the details in the trade version.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    I like the absolutes, and i love all star superman, but i don't like quitley's art enough to spend that much on an absolute version of the book. the tpb collection works for me.
    I love Quitley's art. That was the whole reason I "upgraded" to the Absolute All Star Superman. I want more of his art oversized. Can't wait for his issues in the New X-Men Omnibus. I may even get the Batman & Robin Absolute purely for his issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    btw absolute planetary 1 and 2 on ebay for 150. vol1 is 2nd printing
    That's a great deal. I don't think printing version matters for Planetary.

Would a pic help? Ok, so it's not crash hot. The lighting was terrible and I only had a mobile phone camera handy...

From left to right:

1. DC Absolute (Crisis on Infinite Earths)
    2. IDW Oversize Collected Edition (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    3. Dark Horse Library Editions (Hellboy)
    4. Marvel Omnibus (John Carter Warlod of Mars)
    5. Marvel Oversize Hardcover (Invincible Iron Man)
    6. DC Deluxe Edition (Great Darkness Saga)
    7. Image Oversize Hardcover (The Walking Dead)
    8. Image Omnibus (Strange Girl)
    9. DC Omnibus (Teen Titens)
    10. Vertigo Omnibus (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
    11. DC Regular Hardcover (Batman: The Black Glove)
    12. Marvel Premium Hardcover (Deadpool Max)
    13. Dark Horse Hardcover (BPRD)

Should be enough to discern the differences in size of the various formats. I know there are many more but these are examples from what I have.

Edit: Switched photo's which shows the books better but the background does detract from the height a little. The TMNT Hardcover is slightly taller than the Hellboy Library Edition.
    Last edited by momaw; 02-24-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Switched photo

PHC/TPB -> OHC/Deluxe/Omnibus -> Absolute

btw,
    Ed Brubaker
    If you want to read Deadenders, DC is finally putting it all out in one book. Might be your only chance.
    Cool