Page 154 of 662 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 9919

Did any of the New 52 hardcovers come out in the first flight? I got the TPB of Animal man, and it seemed much higher quality than other recent TPBs I have from DC. Thicker paper, at least.

I really want to get into Peter Davids Supergirl series as I've heard much about it, so I can't express how pissed I was when I found out only the first and last arcs are collected and their both OOP. Anybody know how long its been that way?
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Did any of the New 52 hardcovers come out in the first flight? I got the TPB of Animal man, and it seemed much higher quality than other recent TPBs I have from DC. Thicker paper, at least.
    I got Synder's Batman Hardcover. Have it in floppies but its so good I need the HC. 7 issues beats marvels offerings. Next HC should complete the arc. This one is hard to read in floppies as you only get a very small bite each month and it's hard waiting for the next.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

I just finished reading Stormwatch Ellis Vol 1. It was a good read but seemed like mostly a warm up to what he would fully realize in Planetary. The whole time I felt like I was reading a rough draft for Planetary. Which isn't bad.

The vol contains issues 37-47. I believe Ellis also wrote 48-50 and then 11 issues in with SW vol 2. It seems odd that they collected 10 issues in one volume and 14 in the other. I am not familiar with SW so maybe this was just a naturally good breaking point.

Hopefully they'll keep going through Authority. A bit of a let down that they are not deluxe size though.

Stormwatch leads to Authority, not Planetary.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Stormwatch leads to Authority, not Planetary.
    I know that. That's why I mentioned that I hope they continue publishing hc collections through Authority. My point was Ellis uses very similar concepts and plot devices in SW that he would later flesh out more fully and perfect in Planetary.

I just hope one day I can get an absolute copy of vol 1 for a good price. I would prefer deluxe size editions personally. Don't think that will ever happen.

Considering the Absolute editions have been OOP for a while now, we definitely need a Planetary Omnibus, especially now that DC is starting to get its Omnis right! We should start e-mailing DC or something demanding they make this book happen. Oh! And a Promethea Omnibus too.
    "Inventing a job is better than finding one"

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just finished reading Stormwatch Ellis Vol 1. It was a good read but seemed like mostly a warm up to what he would fully realize in Planetary. The whole time I felt like I was reading a rough draft for Planetary. Which isn't bad.

The vol contains issues 37-47. I believe Ellis also wrote 48-50 and then 11 issues in with SW vol 2. It seems odd that they collected 10 issues in one volume and 14 in the other. I am not familiar with SW so maybe this was just a naturally good breaking point.

Hopefully they'll keep going through Authority. A bit of a let down that they are not deluxe size though.
    WHat's funny is SW was always on the brink of cancellation, even after Ellis took over. it was selling very poorly, steady, but poor. The only reason they kept it going was Jim Lee and the over execs liked what Ellis was doing. Then when DC bought them, thats when SW 2 was cancelled, and relaunched as the highly successful Authority. Imagine if Lee and co gave it the boot early on!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I felt kind of similar about it. But to me it just seemed like a set-up for something bigger (which of course would turn out to be Authority). Get rid of a few old, unnecessary characters and introduce a few new ones that will play an important part in the "masterplan".

But overall I thought it was a good read, although of course not as good as the Authority or Planetary.

Just received ny copy of Black Orchid Deluxe from BD.

Sadly, it's slightly dented, but I thought I'd upload some pictures anyway:

Nice touch: the printed cover underneath the dustjacket - the best of both worlds:

Last edited by LordJulius; 05-12-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Here's two more:

Overall, a gorgeous book.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, how could I forget the most important question:

It's glued - but no gutter loss.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 05-12-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks for posting those! I was just looking for some pics for that book. Looks awesome!! Didn't realise the book has the same artist as Arkham Asylum.

Got the NTT 2 omnibus from BD yesterday. Fantastic book. It's a little hard to open initially, but after flicking through it lies pretty flat. It's still not perfect, but DC is improving. Decided to go ahead and order volume 1 also, taking advantage of the 10% discount voucher on BD. I (pre-)ordered so many books with that voucher yesterday. Can't wait for them to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Got the NTT 2 omnibus from BD yesterday. Fantastic book. It's a little hard to open initially, but after flicking through it lies pretty flat. It's still not perfect, but DC is improving. Decided to go ahead and order volume 1 also, taking advantage of the 10% discount voucher on BD. I (pre-)ordered so many books with that voucher yesterday. Can't wait for them to show up.
    Mine is overdue from BD - again. They shipped it on the 23rd, but it's still not here. Two othet books that were shipped after that have already arrived. I hope it doesn't take as long as NTT 1 from BD - which did not arrive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Mine is overdue from BD - again. They shipped it on the 23rd, but it's still not here. Two othet books that were shipped after that have already arrived. I hope it doesn't take as long as NTT 1 from BD - which did not arrive at all.
    That's odd. Mine shipped on the 2nd. It should take 4 days maximum for a book to get from the UK to the Netherlands. Somehow there's always some Belgium stickers on the package. I mean if it ships from there it shouldn't take longer than 2 days. Why it sometimes takes 10 business days is a riddle to me. Conclusion: Their indicated shipping dates are rubbish, has to be.

How many of you have been to a comic convention in (mainland) Europe? I want to visit the one in Haarlem, Netherlands next month. There seem to be quite a couple of interesting retailers there. How likely is the chance to 'score' a good deal on absolutes, hardcovers and omnibuses? I mean do most retailers have some sort of set discount, or are books regularly priced and you have to haggle? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid/lame question, but I've just never really been.