Page 14 of 662 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

To anyone in Europe interested in getting Absolute Sandman 1-4. Amazon.de has them for less than 50 EUR each right now.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    The Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Omnibus has been cancelled!

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-10-05-2011

"Please note that all orders for THE TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS BY GEOFF JOHNS VOL. 1 HC (JUL110256) are cancelled. This material will be resolicited at a later date in a different format."

Maybe we're going to get it in Deluxe Editions instead?
    NO! I was looking forward to this too. Deluxe would be OK guess.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    To anyone in Europe interested in getting Absolute Sandman 1-4. Amazon.de has them for less than 50 EUR each right now.
    That's tempting....cause that's a really good price....

Thank you SO much. Not often the good deal are in Europe...

Just purchased Vol. 2, which was missing in my small collection.

Maybe it is just because I'm from the UK and I have to get all my comics on Amazon HC's, deluxe's, omnibuses, Absolutes etc just aren't worth the money. I mean sure they normally collect like 10 issues all together and bind them really nicely, but I could be paying anywhere between like 30 and 200. When I can get a trade (of admittedly lesser build quality) of say, 6 issues for less than 10 why would I bother with anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart View Post
    Maybe it is just because I'm from the UK and I have to get all my comics on Amazon HC's, deluxe's, omnibuses, Absolutes etc just aren't worth the money. I mean sure they normally collect like 10 issues all together and bind them really nicely, but I could be paying anywhere between like 30 and 200. When I can get a trade (of admittedly lesser build quality) of say, 6 issues for less than 10 why would I bother with anything else?
    I can see where you're coming from. I guess it basically comes down to what you are willing to pay for a better presentation (oversizes pages, extras etc.).

I have to admit though, that recently the prices have gone a bit over the top (Absolute Identity Crisis/X-Men Omnibus by Claremont/Lee). There is no way I will be paying 60 EUR plus for an Absolute with less than 300 pages.

Btw, have you tried thebookdepository.com (not co.uk!) yet? Even though they now belong to Amazon, they usually beat their prices by a mile.

Aaaand another mini-glitch by Amazon.de. Absolute All-Star Superman reprint pre-order for 49 EUR.

http://www.amazon.de/Absolute-Star-S...8164831&sr=1-1

They do not seem to check their prices thoroughly at the moment (Dark Tower Omnibus was 66 EUR pre-order and still is now that it is in stock).

It must be their supplier because another German online bookshop has exactly the same prices regarding those.

I can see where you're coming from. I guess it basically comes down to what you are willing to pay for a better presentation (oversizes pages, extras etc.).

I have to admit though, that recently the prices have gone a bit over the top (Absolute Identity Crisis/X-Men Omnibus by Claremont/Lee). There is no way I will be paying 60 EUR plus for an Absolute with less than 300 pages.

Btw, have you tried thebookdepository.com (not co.uk!) yet? Even though they now belong to Amazon, they usually beat their prices by a mile.
    Yeah I suppose. I only really care about the story and I'm usually pretty picky with my art. The only artist I'd really want oversized artwork of is Alex Ross and I've already collected all the books that are like huge art galleries of his work.

And really? I checked the site out and compared three trades I had on my Amazon wishlist. Two of them the site said was unavailable and another was almost twice the price... although to be fair, that was against the Amazon Marketplace because even with P&P they normally showcase prices that beat Amazon's own by a mile. Weirdly enough Amazon seems to promote this fact as well.

Quick question, why isnt war of green lantern listed? is it cos its not a omnibus, absolute, deluxe? but its still a trade paper back as in graphic novel right? so this isnt a graphic novel thread?

"And really? I checked the site out and compared three trades I had on my Amazon wishlist. Two of them the site said was unavailable and another was almost twice the price... although to be fair, that was against the Amazon Marketplace because even with P&P they normally showcase prices that beat Amazon's own by a mile. Weirdly enough Amazon seems to promote this fact as well.[/QUOTE]

Not saying they ALWAYS beat Amazon's prices, and certainly not when you find deals on marketplace (and again: bookdepository.com is much cheaper than bookdepository.co.uk), but almost every Absolute, Omnibus, Marvel OHC, DC Deluxe etc. I looked up there is cheaper. Plus there are no shipping costs.

They also tend to use "unavailable" if the publication date has been moved.

Not saying they ALWAYS beat Amazon's prices, and certainly not when you find deals on marketplace (and again: bookdepository.com is much cheaper than bookdepository.co.uk), but almost every Absolute, Omnibus, Marvel OHC, DC Deluxe etc. I looked up there is cheaper. Plus there are no shipping costs.

They also tend to use "unavailable" if the publication date has been moved.
    Well I'll make sure to always compare with that site before I go and buy something. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart View Post
    Well I'll make sure to always compare with that site before I go and buy something. Thank you!
    For comparing prices I find bookbutler quite helpful:

http://www.bookbutler.de/

You just put in the ISBN and it will compare the prices worldwide (including P&P). If it shows up in German, just click your flag to set it to English. You also might have to set the parameters to your location (currency, location etc.), but it is all right on the first page.

Oh, and they also only have bookdepository.co.uk, not .com.

For comparing prices I find bookbutler quite helpful:

http://www.bookbutler.de/

You just put in the ISBN and it will compare the prices worldwide (including P&P). If it shows up in German, just click your flag to set it to English. You also might have to set the parameters to your location (currency, location etc.), but it is all right on the first page.

Oh, and they also only have bookdepository.co.uk, not .com.
    Thank you, this is gonna save me some cash!

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    Quick question, why isnt war of green lantern listed? is it cos its not a omnibus, absolute, deluxe? but its still a trade paper back as in graphic novel right? so this isnt a graphic novel thread?
    yea this is mainly for the omnibus, absolute and deluxe releases of books. they contain more content, usually some extras and arent released as quickly as a TPB, so for those of us that collect these oversized editions its a way to stay on top of things before these go out of print, which then means youll probably pay 2-3 times cover price (since many of these have cover price around $100, 2-3x is quite an increase) as opposed to Trades which are usually $20 or so and more are printed for a bigger audience.
    Marvel: ASM, Deadpool, Thor, Iron Man, etc
    DC: Batman and related, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc
    Omnibus wishlist: Classic Deadpool, Pak Hulk, Spider-Man 2099

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blazes View Post
    yea this is mainly for the omnibus, absolute and deluxe releases of books. they contain more content, usually some extras and arent released as quickly as a TPB, so for those of us that collect these oversized editions its a way to stay on top of things before these go out of print, which then means youll probably pay 2-3 times cover price (since many of these have cover price around $100, 2-3x is quite an increase) as opposed to Trades which are usually $20 or so and more are printed for a bigger audience.
    wow. and why would peopple wanna pay so much for it????