Page 617 of 662 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    god dammit what a gorgeous book. how hard is it to find these days?

edit: ha, book depository still has it. nice
    lol i posted this 3 months ago. finally read the trade about a week ago, it's a second hand copy i've had for ages, so old it's yellow, but i still enjoyed the art, and definitely the story... anyway just saw the absolute drop down to 21% off at .com (31% off at .co.uk but it's the same really) AND I JUST GOT PAID A FEW HOURS AGO so i bought it with the 10% valentine's discount. HELL YEAH. feelin' good.

in the same order i also got tomasi batman & robin hc (both 1 and 2), warren ellis stormwatch hc (new edition, both 1 and 2), american vampire hc 5, and the newuniversal trade (want to find out more about all this white event stuff that hickman is using in his avengers/new avengers run)

yeah decent sized order. HELL YEAH. feelin' good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    lol i posted this 3 months ago. finally read the trade about a week ago, it's a second hand copy i've had for ages, so old it's yellow, but i still enjoyed the art, and definitely the story... anyway just saw the absolute drop down to 21% off at .com (31% off at .co.uk but it's the same really) AND I JUST GOT PAID A FEW HOURS AGO so i bought it with the 10% valentine's discount. HELL YEAH. feelin' good.

in the same order i also got tomasi batman & robin hc (both 1 and 2), warren ellis stormwatch hc (new edition, both 1 and 2), american vampire hc 5, and the newuniversal trade (want to find out more about all this white event stuff that hickman is using in his avengers/new avengers run)

yeah decent sized order. HELL YEAH. feelin' good.
    Great order. Been wanting to get Tomasi's B&R.
    Although what book were you talking about in the quote? lol
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    In your dreams, where omnibuses can be over 2100 pages...

And I'll be damned. 52 is absolutely riveting. Yesterday I told myself that I was going to read 4 issues, and then get back to studying for my midterm. Ended up reading 11

It really does seem like a TV show!
    I had the same experience, midterm aside. 52 is much better than I expected. It really caught by the unmentionables and wont let go until I've read that 'just one more issue!'
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    I had the same experience, midterm aside. 52 is much better than I expected. It really caught by the unmentionables and wont let go until I've read that 'just one more issue!'
    I know man. Each issue truly feels like an episode to some addicting TV show. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Have had the exact same problem with the Sleeper Omni. Have you at least replied per email? The mail they sent me said I had to confirm within 24 hrs if I still wanted the book, otherwise they would cancel it (BS, imo. I ordered it in September and then it's one day late and I have to tell them if I still want it?). Luckily (and strangely) it shipped a day later, so I'm sure you'll still get it as well.
    I guess I was lucky, my Sleeper omni was confirmed and shipped, but I had to confirm within 24 hours if I still wanted the House of Secrets omnibus.

'Of course I still want it shitheads, it's the free book from my 3 for 2 discount '

FedEX just delivered my Sleeper Omnibus and my very first Absolute: New Frontier. I'm so excited. Now I just need to find the time to read them. Both were a blind buy, but thanks to the opinions of the people on this board, I've bought many books I've never read and have yet to disappointed; I don't even second guess anymore :)
    Monthly: Animal Man, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
    Currently reading in Trades: Hellboy LE Vol. 1

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Time for me to spend more time in this thread.

Hmmm, what to say:

Where is my damn Knightfall omnibus that gets the prelude, ALL of the Search AND throw Troika in at the end?
    Welcome

And while we have you here, what oversized DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm stuff do you have, besides Absolute Dark Victory.

In your dreams, where omnibuses can be over 2100 pages...

And I'll be damned. 52 is absolutely riveting. Yesterday I told myself that I was going to read 4 issues, and then get back to studying for my midterm. Ended up reading 11

It really does seem like a TV show!
    I wouldn't put it past DC to try and put together a 2000+ page Omni...
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    FedEX just delivered my Sleeper Omnibus and my very first Absolute: New Frontier. I'm so excited. Now I just need to find the time to read them. Both were a blind buy, but thanks to the opinions of the people on this board, I've bought many books I've never read and have yet to disappointed; I don't even second guess anymore :)
    Absolute New Frontier was a blind buy for me as well. Could not recommend it enough! It's probably my favorite DCU story of all time. Well, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. If I'm looking for happy and inspirational, I like New Frontier the most. But if I'm gravitating more towards an apocalyptic and large scale story, Final Crisis.
    Long story short- enjoy your books!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    Welcome

And while we have you here, what oversized DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm stuff do you have, besides Absolute Dark Victory.

I wouldn't put it past DC to try and put together a 2000+ page Omni...
    I'd buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    Welcome

Yes, welcome to the DC hardcover thread, where the 'Death and Return of Superman' Omnibus was being discussed a week ago. Unbelievably so, indeed. No wonder so many people had...

NO IDEA

What's this new watchman deluxe edition? I have not read watchman.. Is this deluxe edition thats coming out in June the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    What's this new watchman deluxe edition? I have not read watchman.. Is this deluxe edition thats coming out in June the original?
    Yes. There is that, and 4 Deluxe hardcovers of the Before Watchmen series, which were not made by the original creators.

Yes. There is that, and 4 Deluxe hardcovers of the Before Watchmen series, which were not made by the original creators.
    Do you suggest to wait for the deluxe version if you have never read watchman? The absolute version is 50 bucks more

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    Do you suggest to wait for the deluxe version if you have never read watchman? The absolute version is 50 bucks more
    I really want to suggest the Absolute version, but I can't be positive you'll love it. If I were you, I'd rent or buy the cheap TPB, and if you like it, get the Absolute. If you like the story, the Absolute is worth it!

I know the deluxe edition is not out yet, but would you know the difference between the deluxe and absolute version ?
    Last edited by Catspit; 03-14-2013 at 07:27 PM.